Sponsored

OEM Wireless Charger

Murix

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2024
Threads
0
Messages
106
Reaction score
121
Location
SF Bay Area
Car(s)
Nismo Z, Abarth 124, Volvo C30
I have been using the motorola wireless android auto adapter for a couple of years now in my other car along with aftermarket wireless charging. It works but it is not perfect. The occasional reboot, slow reponse, and sometimes I just need to plug it in to charge. I would rather a discrete setup. Plugging in a cable is more reliable, faster charging, and pretty simple.
 

HWill

Well-Known Member
First Name
HW
Joined
Oct 25, 2025
Threads
2
Messages
77
Reaction score
39
Location
Arizona
Car(s)
2025 Nissan Z Performance
Main issue is when you combine wireless Android Auto / Carplay with wireless charging. Both are demanding
No, the main issue is the charger overheating the phone. Using AA/Carplay while charging with them just makes it worse.

Commonsense that running an app while charging will create more heat but should be within heat specs to not cause damage.
 

weissk93

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2024
Threads
7
Messages
109
Reaction score
47
Location
Detroit, MI
Car(s)
Nissan Z Performance
That doesn't look bad. This may be the play. Does it work well?

Edit: When I look it up only comes in as "Used". Any new ones?
I bought it and returning. It came used even though it said new. Also, not ideal when phone is moving around while driving. Need something with magnet.
 

FSUZ33

Well-Known Member
First Name
Chad
Joined
Feb 23, 2025
Threads
44
Messages
1,530
Reaction score
1,928
Location
Tallahassee, FL
Car(s)
ā€˜24 Z NISMO
Not sure how much of a problem it is, but the 2027 has a charging indicator in front of the shifter. The OEM panel where the charger is does go underneath the shifter panel, but I don't know if the light is mounted to the cubbyhole panel and sticks through the shifter panel, or it it's mounted to the shifter panel. If you're not concerned with the light I assume retrofit wouldn't be terrible. And maybe the light isn't a big deal to retrofit. Although pulling all of that apart and reassembling could create squeaks and rattles that could outweigh the convenience of having the charger there (my opinion).

The ebay charger/insert this thread was started with does have a charging light that's in the panel itself...but that part is not OEM Nissan, which could be a dealbreaker for some. Looks good to me, but $300 ?!

Not on my radar at this point for me, but it would be nice to get the info from the charger itself in that ebay link. I think it would be fairly simple to add in to the existing cubby, attaching from underneath, but you'd have to cut a hole in the panel and the mat.
 

HarryBo

Well-Known Member
First Name
Barry
Joined
Aug 14, 2025
Threads
13
Messages
136
Reaction score
185
Location
Canada
Car(s)
'24 Z Nismo
This slim charger from Amazon fits nicely and charges well, $18

IMG_4621.webp


IMG_4616.webp
That looks great! Wish I could get one here in Canada. Amazon Canada doesn't show it. Fudge!

Good find. U not using a wireless USB stick? Add one to complete your set up.
 

wsuZ

Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
24
Reaction score
49
Location
Northern Hemisphere
Car(s)
'25 Nissan Z
I bought a magsafe charger from Apple and have it tacked to the OEM rubber mat. Works great to stabilize the phone but sometimes pulls the mat when lifting off the magsafe base. Annoying but tolerable.

I may buy a second rubber mat, cut a hole for the charger, and tack the magsafe directly to the console.
 

finizzle

Active Member
First Name
AJ
Joined
Oct 11, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
26
Reaction score
39
Location
Florida
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z
Occupation
Software Engineer
I’d be interested in finding the OEM part and what it takes to install. I ALWAYS put my phone in that spot so having it charge while sitting there would be nice.
Did anyone ever find / install the OEM part for this?
 

finizzle

Active Member
First Name
AJ
Joined
Oct 11, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
26
Reaction score
39
Location
Florida
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z
Occupation
Software Engineer
I’ve been meaning to learn some CAD / 3D printing so might play around with making my own replacement soon. I don’t care about the wireless charger part but it would be nice to have a phone magnet and a place to put a quarter (my Aldi quarter slid away somewhere under the seat the other day, so it seems like just sitting on the mat isn’t enough for spirited driving)

If anyone has other ideas on what to add to this let me know
 

finizzle

Active Member
First Name
AJ
Joined
Oct 11, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
26
Reaction score
39
Location
Florida
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z
Occupation
Software Engineer

traska_rz34

Well-Known Member
First Name
Liam
Joined
Apr 22, 2025
Threads
24
Messages
339
Reaction score
439
Location
Cocoa Beach, FL
Car(s)
2024 Z Performance
I found the part number 28342-1YE1A but I’m not 100% sure that it’s the same one from the image
Haha, I literally pulled up the exact same part number but I agree that it’s impossible to know if it’s the same as the one in the pic given that no part sites show what it actually looks like. Plus, no clue if this plugs and plays or not. For ~$400, that’s a steep investment to find out.
 
 






Top