Nissan Z35 to be teased in Superbowl commercial?!

Adam

Threads
Reaction score
Nissan just announced "two surprise products" for their Superbowl commercial tomorrow -

Nissan lengthens Super Bowl commercial to 90 seconds, teases "With Dad" spot with release of brief clip

Nissan back as Super Bowl advertiser after nearly two decades
Releases first 10 seconds of its ad as a teaser
Announces the in-game commercial has been lengthened to 90 seconds
Story will depict the struggle of work-life balance facing many American families
Iconic song "Cats in the Cradle" by the late Harry Chapin featured
Two surprise products to make cameo appearances

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Nissan, which has been teasing its Super Bowl plans through a one-of-a-kind social media campaign using YouTube "content creator" videos and the hashtag #withdad, is giving the first hint of its in-game commercial by releasing a short preview of the spot today.

Nissan previously announced it would feature a 60-second spot in the Super Bowl. The company has increased its stake in the game to a 90-second ad, which it says will tell a unique family story while maintaining a strong Nissan brand connection.

Nissan released the first 10 seconds of its commercial, which depicts a couple having a baby and images of the dad working as a race car driver mixed to a soundtrack of Harry Chapin's iconic song, "Cat's In the Cradle."

"We can't wait to share this emotional story with the Super Bowl audience and we hope seeing the first few seconds will whet America's appetite to watch the spot during the game," said Fred Diaz, senior vice president, Nissan Sales & Marketing and Operations U.S., Nissan North America. "We think we've captured and told a touching story about a family's struggles with work-life balance in our 90 seconds during the game. But what we really want is to start a conversation about family that lasts well beyond the game."

While many advertisers release their commercials on YouTube in the weeks before the game, Nissan is keeping its full ad quiet until its debut during Super Bowl XLIX on Sunday, Feb. 1.

Nissan is encouraging those interested in learning more to go to www.withdad.com or www.NissanUSA.com to view its #withdad YouTube videos and share stories about their families. The teaser video is available to media at Nissan's online newsroom www.NissanNews.com.

"The teaser gives a hint at an emotional story set to the beat of a very emotional and iconic piece of music," said Diaz. "You'll also see two surprise products that will make cameo appearances in the full story on Sunday."

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/01/28/nissan-super-bowl-commercial-video/?ncid=edlinkusauto00000015
Is this what we've finally been waiting for?! A teaser or reveal of the next Z?

chromeX

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Wow finally?? Just read this news too and popped on here to share.
Even more reason to watch the game now. Cmon Nissan don't disappoint us.

afflicted

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 fr-s
I can't wait. I hope it isn't just the Juke and GT-R Nismo cars. We need something, anything, even a teaser would be great.

nismoZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
None
Hrmm I spot some Z racecars... not so subtle hint at something Z related?

tetsuo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan Maxima
Wow!! I can't wait. After watching that video if it is not about the next Z car I will be shocked. I wasn't even going to watch the game but I'm tuning in for sure now.

J_Watts

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota 86
Commercial just aired. Looks like the GT-R le mans race car and the new Maxima. :(

Back of the Maxima looks nice but don't like that front... pretty busy.

350ZZZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
07 350Z NISMO
It looks more like the Nissan sports concept than I thought the final design would.

It's too bad they didn't show the Z, but it would have been a really weird way of revealing a sports car.

MRichter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
bmw 325i
Man that video in the OP had be excited too. All those images of the Z and then... we get a Maxima. I hope we get some teasers soon.

NSFW!

Threads
Reaction score
It looks more like the Nissan sports concept than I thought the final design would.

It's too bad they didn't show the Z, but it would have been a really weird way of revealing a sports car.
Woulda been shocking to fully reveal a car like that, with no teasers, rumors, spy pics, etc.

I liked that commercial despite its gloomy feeling. GT-R LM and Maxima were both badass looking IMHO

sun tzu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Mustang GT
Woulda been shocking to fully reveal a car like that, with no teasers, rumors, spy pics, etc.
They didn't have to reveal the whole thing they coulda just teased it. Total wasted opportunity to kick off the Z35 buzz IMO.

chromeX

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
They didn't have to reveal the whole thing they coulda just teased it. Total wasted opportunity to kick off the Z35 buzz IMO.
Pretty much shows where the Z is in terms of priority for Nissan. :(
I guess why bother investing in something affordable when you can get all the rags talking about the GT-R all day that none of us can afford. *shakes head*

350ZZZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
07 350Z NISMO
Pretty much shows where the Z is in terms of priority for Nissan. :(
I guess why bother investing in something affordable when you can get all the rags talking about the GT-R all day that none of us can afford. *shakes head*
Just because they didn't feature the Z in that commercial doesnt mean they don't care about the Z. They could be working on it full steam behind the scenes. We'll see it teased and talked about when it's ready.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
So a year on and I have to wonder
1…why didn’t Nissan wait to advertise till this year and
2…I wonder if the competition winner ever got their car 🤷‍♀️