Nissan Z35 or Hiatus?

350ZZZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
07 350Z NISMO
I see two possibilities right now for the future of the Z.

1) it returns to be a smaller, lighter, and more true to it's roots Z
2) hiatus from production..... again.

What do you think is most likely?

J_Watts

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota 86
No spy pics yet and very little news on it... so maybe hiatus?? But they could also just keep selling the 370z until the new car is ready to avoid a gap.

Then again in that Jay Leno video they said we'd see something in 2013, so they may already have something in the works?

MeisterZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Burnt Orange 350Z 6spd
It'll be 2015 soon so It feels like Jay Leno was given old info or some major delays have happened.. we'll never know. If they keep building the 370Z they can expect sales to keep nosediving into nothing. Come to think of it maybe that's why there have been so little info on it, so it doesn't affect current sales?

afflicted

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 fr-s
It'll be 2015 soon so It feels like Jay Leno was given old info or some major delays have happened.. we'll never know. If they keep building the 370Z they can expect sales to keep nosediving into nothing. Come to think of it maybe that's why there have been so little info on it, so it doesn't affect current sales?
Companies always keep future model info a secret as long as possible to protect current model sales. What they can't really keep from us though are when they put the prototypes out on the road / track for testing. Too bad there hasn't been any prototypes spotted yet. That and no concept yet. I'm hoping they drop one at one of the US shows this upcoming year.

MisterNismo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Totaled 370Z
I see two possibilities right now for the future of the Z.

1) it returns to be a smaller, lighter, and more true to it's roots Z
2) hiatus from production..... again.

What do you think is most likely?
What would taking a production hiatus do? I don't see the benefit. It is waving a white flag to its competitors, basically saying we can't compete and there is no viable business for this car for Nissan. I hope not.

Ranma

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rusty old Mitsu
Companies don't just take a year or 2 off from building a car. If they close shop on the Z we won't see it for many many years. Let's pray this doesn't happen :(

afflicted

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 fr-s
Well there are very clear reasons why the 370Z is not selling that they can't easily fix without a total makeover and new platform. It needs to be lighter, more powerful and better priced.
Hopefully Nissan learned these lessons and don't pull the plug until offering up a solution.

MRichter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
bmw 325i
Complete silence :( They really just gonna let the 370Z sales almost dry up completely? Time to kill it and give us the Z35!