What Nissan Needs To Address on the Z35

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Any telltale signs of it failing, appx miles, gradual loss of clutch pedal travel? Hope it’s not immed, would hate to have sudden failure while on track?!

Sorry I just don’t have experience with the Z34, serious issue.
I am not sure, I have a 7AT car. I would suspect, like any hydraulic part, the failure would come on gradually, however the outcome will depend on if the owner senses an issue early enough.
I have also heard people change out the fluid, because there's some evidence the fluid attacks the seals.
Of course, at some point, when it fails you will be S.O.L. and needing a tow truck.

I used to work on cars and have fairly keen mechanical spidey senses, so I am sure I can deal with a CSC ticking time bomb. I have pulled the trans from more than 1 Z car in a gravel parking in my past life, and I'm not afraid to do it again!

Besides, there is a very good solution to the issue. Most people, the CSC lasts pretty long time, near when you should change your clutch anyways. If your CSC lasts until the clutch needs replacing (or upgrading, very likely with a tuneable TT car!) you could opt to convert over to a traditional clutch release mechanism, which should serve you much better.