What Nissan Needs To Address on the Z35

ZZ2022

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2008 R35 GTR
I guess this thread was made before the proto debut? I never owned a 370Z so I can't speak on the mechanics, but from a visual aspect Nissan hit a homerun. I just love the nice clean lines of the exterior. While the interior does have a lot of carried over components I feel the design team did just enough to make it feel modern and fresh.
And its actually a Nissan so another plus, unlike the zupr4

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I hope Nissan has rectified the sticky dash issue.

Sure would suck to be collecting one of these cars and have the dash begin deteriorating, even when the car is well taken care of.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
I hope Nissan has rectified the sticky dash issue.

Sure would suck to be collecting one of these cars and have the dash begin deteriorating, even when the car is well taken care of.
Also; I hope they fix the turbo issues they had from 2016-2018. In the Q50s, they were going out pretty quick. I have a 2020, so far so good.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
Also; I hope they fix the turbo issues they had from 2016-2018. In the Q50s, they were going out pretty quick. I have a 2020, so far so good.
From my recollection of browsing the Infiniti forums, it was an issue with the turbos leaking oil or not recieving oiling correctly, right? If so, I think there was a TSB and revision on that, so should be all good now.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
From my recollection of browsing the Infiniti forums, it was an issue with the turbos leaking oil or not recieving oiling correctly, right? If so, I think there was a TSB and revision on that, so should be all good now.
Yes, that is correct, from 2019 onwards they apparently fixed it. Some guy on my Infiniti group shown the part numbers are now different proving that they have updated the turbos

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
How will we know if the CSC issue is gone in the new Z? Any visual clues to see by 8/17 or Nov order timeframe?

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
How will we know if the CSC issue is gone in the new Z? Any visual clues to see by 8/17 or Nov order timeframe?
Nissan never admits there was a problem in the first place.

You can't see the CSC from outside the car, you need to pull the trans out.

The best way to get an idea if Nissan even made any effort at all to resolve the CSC issue would be to check when the parts catalog for this car becomes available. If the P/N is different than the 370Z P/N, then yes, the part has been revised. That is not a guarantee the issue is resolved, but at least it's a different P/N.

ec15

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A few
Nissan never admits there was a problem in the first place.

You can't see the CSC from outside the car, you need to pull the trans out.

The best way to get an idea if Nissan even made any effort at all to resolve the CSC issue would be to check when the parts catalog for this car becomes available. If the P/N is different than the 370Z P/N, then yes, the part has been revised. That is not a guarantee the issue is resolved, but at least it's a different P/N.

https://www.nissanzclub.com/forum/t...hief-explains-what’s-underneath.107/post-8126

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Not saying it solved anything. Just pointing out that there were revisions starting from the HR 350Zs since you mentioned P/N's.
It will be great if they stopped using a csc altogether.
Gotcha, Nissan revised the exhaust manifolds on the Titans several times, they all crack and leak anyway. So I have zero faith in Nissan's obscure parts revisions.

I'll just drive the Z until the CSC fails then retrofit it to a traditional throwout setup.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
I'll just drive the Z until the CSC fails then retrofit it to a traditional throwout setup.
Any telltale signs of it failing, appx miles, gradual loss of clutch pedal travel? Hope it’s not immed, would hate to have sudden failure while on track?!

Sorry I just don’t have experience with the Z34, serious issue.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
Gotcha, Nissan revised the exhaust manifolds on the Titans several times, they all crack and leak anyway. So I have zero faith in Nissan's obscure parts revisions.

I have my doubts as well. Most people are anxious to know official specs, colors, pricing, etc. I just wanna know if Nissan has addressed a 20 year old issue

Ziggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Abarth 124
CSC is also a concern of mine. Just crazy that when I was buying my 08 350z in 2009, I was reading about needing to upgrade that piece and here I’m still reading about it.