Nissan dealers with and without mark ups

Raven1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 350z HR Motor
Occupation
503rd Lead Farmer
This has not really been the case in Australia, but is slowly starting to appear.
I believe this might be one reason why Nissan Australia are handling allocations and not dealers…meaning they can’t take stock use it then sell at exorbitant prices as they will be allocated directly to each customer, at least that’s what we are being told.
They have also been told that any demo models they are given must not be sold for 9 months
I look at the systems / policies in place in other regions and think why don't we do that here! I know there are benefits and detractions to all manner of doing things. From the outside looking in, I like how the sales are being conducted there in Australia. Now if only the Aussies didn't have to pay those insane prices and taxes !!

caddyshack-scared.gif

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I look at the systems / policies in place in other regions and think why don't we do that here! I know there are benefits and detractions to all manner of doing things. From the outside looking in, I like how the sales are being conducted there in Australia. Now if only the Aussies didn't have to pay those insane prices and taxes !!

caddyshack-scared.gif
Look it’s not perfect here by any means…we still have no clue on when the cars are arriving and dealers still seem to be in the dark.
BUT, on the upside I do believe when they arrive distribution will be fair, they have said orders will be given out in order of the dates that people put their contract in. They have said that the initial cars will not go through dealers but that Nissan Aus will contact the buyer direct..this eliminates people jumping the queue by offering more money to the dealer, it also means that if someone rejects a car it will go to the next person in line rather than sitting in a dealership that would then have the opportunity to turn the car into a used car and sell for a higher profit. They have said it will be one per buyer, which will limit ( not eliminate ) on selling for profits, and yeah like I said, they top selling dealers will get a demo, but need to keep it nine months…if they sell it they most likely will not get another for 9 months which means any money they make on pumping up its price will be lost in lost sales as people desert them to test drive elsewhere
It does seem like they have thought of everything
We do still pay dealer delivery ($1363), but it’s included in the cars price (and this is industry standard practice), it’s the same across the board and dealers are not permitted to charge above that because it’s been advertised at a certain price online and therefore our laws state they can not increase the price only lower it.
There was one dealer in QLD trying their luck, but people quickly informed the unsuspecting buyers on Facebook that they can not legally charge more for a delivery fee…and that dealer will have learn the hard way as buyers went elsewhere.

Now if only they could get the bloody cars here

Raven1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 350z HR Motor
Occupation
503rd Lead Farmer
Look it’s not perfect here by any means…we still have no clue on when the cars are arriving and dealers still seem to be in the dark.
BUT, on the upside I do believe when they arrive distribution will be fair, they have said orders will be given out in order of the dates that people put their contract in. They have said that the initial cars will not go through dealers but that Nissan Aus will contact the buyer direct..this eliminates people jumping the queue by offering more money to the dealer, it also means that if someone rejects a car it will go to the next person in line rather than sitting in a dealership that would then have the opportunity to turn the car into a used car and sell for a higher profit. They have said it will be one per buyer, which will limit ( not eliminate ) on selling for profits, and yeah like I said, they top selling dealers will get a demo, but need to keep it nine months…if they sell it they most likely will not get another for 9 months which means any money they make on pumping up its price will be lost in lost sales as people desert them to test drive elsewhere
It does seem like they have thought of everything
We do still pay dealer delivery ($1363), but it’s included in the cars price (and this is industry standard practice), it’s the same across the board and dealers are not permitted to charge above that because it’s been advertised at a certain price online and therefore our laws state they can not increase the price only lower it.
There was one dealer in QLD trying their luck, but people quickly informed the unsuspecting buyers on Facebook that they can not legally charge more for a delivery fee…and that dealer will have learn the hard way as buyers went elsewhere.

Now if only they could get the bloody cars here
Wishing we had that here!

I hear ya, cars sooner would be much better than later!

Thank for taking the time to share that, it is always interesting to see how our neighbors and not so neighbors do things.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
Stay away from vaden in Statesboro GA

Got this last week as they have a black performance with red accent interior

IMG_20230225_182620_963.jpg

Then got a follow up email this morning

I think my reply was appropriately snarky lol

Screenshot_20230302-100724.png

Screenshot_20230302-101253.png

XLSDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Tacoma, Honda CRZ
Occupation
Pilot
Got a call from Greenville,SC Nissan today. They have a gun metal grey, performance manual that they have had on the lot for a while. Sounds like they are willing to negotiate on the ADM. With shipping to the West coast it wouldn't be worth it to me even at MSRP. Besides I've already given up and just placed an order for a BMW M240i RWD to my exact specs.

csb5150

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z Performance
Occupation
lawyer
Autonation Nissan
Pembroke Pines FL

"We were asking for $25K over sticker, but now we are selling for just $15K over sticker"

Pigs get fat, hogs go to slaughter.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
New Z is getting less popular the more reviews come in. Wait a couple of weeks more and with some serious pressure, i.e. ready to buy, they'll come down to $5K over max OR at MSRP. They're sitting in dealer showrooms longer now w the stupid mark ups.

Georges1

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1972 Datsun 240Z
Occupation
Safety Engineer
Glad to see some of the ridiculous mark ups seem to be coming down to less ridiculous mark ups. They don’t realize that making a few bucks from someone who will bite will come back to haunt them later. Many of us have been waiting a long time with some buying other cars, some paying whatever the dealer asks, some will give up, and others are willing to wait to get what the want at a mutually fair price. I am in the last category. Good luck to every one looking & keep up the tenacity.

Last edited:

But Does It Djent?

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1998 BMW Z3
I've decided to wait. I had a deposit on a black Sport with a $6.5k markup but after that, tax, and the stupid dealership protection package the thing was sitting at $54k out the door. For a Sport. Decided to get my deposit back and wait for the used ones to start popping up.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
I've decided to wait. I had a deposit on a black Sport with a $6.5k markup but after that, tax, and the stupid dealership protection package the thing was sitting at $54k out the door. For a Sport. Decided to get my deposit back and wait for the used ones to start popping up.

thats kind of been the cruel irony ive noticed in my search. the sport model makes up such a small number of the inventory that it tends to be marked up as much as the performance thus negating the entire reason for the sport model

But Does It Djent?

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1998 BMW Z3
thats kind of been the cruel irony ive noticed in my search. the sport model makes up such a small number of the inventory that it tends to be marked up as much as the performance thus negating the entire reason for the sport model
Exactly. The whole reason I wanted the Sport was because I didn't want to stretch my budget to over $50k. Once I got my head out of the clouds I realized I'd be an idiot to pay that much for the base model. I'm a little sad I'm riding around in a Ford Fiesta instead of a Z right now but I'm hoping my patience will pay off in a year or so lol