First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
Got an update from my buddy at Ford...Standard markups are in place as "normal practice" in Ford dealers in his network; $2500-$5k for sedans and Mustang, $5k-$8k for SUVs (Minus Bronco) and $8k+ for Bronco & Trucks. I've asked him to let me know if he sees any Z's in the dealer network inventory and what (if any) markups etc are going to be in effect.

Z hope

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura
Occupation
Retired
Got an update from my buddy at Ford...Standard markups are in place as "normal practice" in Ford dealers in his network; $2500-$5k for sedans and Mustang, $5k-$8k for SUVs (Minus Bronco) and $8k+ for Bronco & Trucks. I've asked him to let me know if he sees any Z's in the dealer network inventory and what (if any) markups etc are going to be in effect.
There’s no shortage of shit dealership that’s for sure. It may take a while but karma is a bitch. I know there are dealerships that I will NEVER go back to.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
For shits and grins I browsed new vehicles ACTUALLY on dealer lots last weekend.

Almost zero inventory across most brands, especially if your looking for something besides basic or a cuv.

We bought a 2020 Corolla SE for $20,750 right before the coof. Same dealer has 2 (2022) on the lot, marked up to $28.9k.

I somehow doubt any dealership will put a Z on the front lot for less than $10-20k ADM/add-ons.
Whether someone can order one for MSRP is highly unlikely too

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
"Cars are going to stay expensive for one simple reason: Dealers and automakers are loving it."
That should have simply said ...
"Everything is going to stay expensive for one simple reason: retailers, manufacturers, delivery companies, and governments are loving it."​
Nothing but pure greed. :mad:

TitanZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Titan SL 4x4 Midnight Edition
Wow, the greed to mark up a Titan $30K over MSRP, especially when gas prices have spiked and less people are looking for gas guzzlers right now. Cross this dealer off the list when Z shopping...
1656785895178.png

Raven1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 350z HR Motor
Occupation
503rd Lead Farmer
Hold On Guys!

Seems like with the current state of the economy, Reseller dealerships (used car lots) that have acquired the bulk of their inventory off of loans (which is primarily the fancy smaller lots) will be hurting to clear their inventory as customers simply won't be purchasing their stock at over inflated, marked up pricing. In a few months time, after having to pay on stagnant inventory they will be forced to move vehicles at pre pandemic prices. At least, this is the case with smaller 'Specialty Lots' in Scottsdale.

I'm not rooting for close acquaintances to fail, but this s the concerns I've been over hearing. Be patient, hold onto to them Bit Coins and then slide into that new to you whip at the price you want . . .

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Hold On Guys!

Seems like with the current state of the economy, Reseller dealerships (used car lots) that have acquired the bulk of their inventory off of loans (which is primarily the fancy smaller lots) will be hurting to clear their inventory as customer simply won't be purchasing their stock. In a few months time, after having to pay on stagnant inventory they will be forced to move vehicles at pre pandemic prices. At least, this is the case with smaller 'Specialty Lots' in Scottsdale.

Be patient, hold onto them Bit Coins and then slide into that new to you whip at the price you want . . .
Yeah right....

Kinda like "only 2 weeks to flatten the curve"

Raven1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 350z HR Motor
Occupation
503rd Lead Farmer
Yeah right....

Kinda like "only 2 weeks to flatten the curve"
You're right, I should clarify and say this is the conversation overheard from down south, you gents up in the north western states experiences will vary. But I'll keep looking to the bright side, LoL

Last edited:

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
You're right, I should clarify and say this is the conversation overheard from down south, you gents up in the north western states experiences will vary. But I'll keep looking to the bright side, LoL
Yeah, around here, you'll find a "used" 2022/23 with <100 miles on it for $20K more than a new one.

The local Toyota dealer, Rodland, does this shit all the time. They even bought 2 of those Ford Broncos, drove them a few miles, and put one up for $80K and the other for $90K on their used car lot.

I looked at a nicely loaded new 2022 Tundra for $50K, and next to it they had a 2016 Sequoia for $80K. I shit you not, they are smoking crack like Hunter Biden around here.

My son is coming into driving age soon. I'd love to get him a used Civic, but 2016's are going for $25K here. It's cheaper to let him use my Q60!

Raven1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 350z HR Motor
Occupation
503rd Lead Farmer
Yeah, around here, you'll find a "used" 2022/23 with <100 miles on it for $20K more than a new one.

The local Toyota dealer, Rodland, does this shit all the time. They even bought 2 of those Ford Broncos, drove them a few miles, and put one up for $80K and the other for $90K on their used car lot.

I looked at a nicely loaded new 2022 Tundra for $50K, and next to it they had a 2016 Sequoia for $80K. I shit you not, they are smoking crack like Hunter Biden around here.

My son is coming into driving age soon. I'd love to get him a used Civic, but 2016's are going for $25K here. It's cheaper to let him use my Q60!
WoW! I had no idea, especially actual Factory Franchised Dealerships!!

When I saw the attitude of the local dealers when we were looking for our Gladiator is when I found the deal we wanted down in North Phoenix. The salesman's attitude was so smug and demeaning. Even follow up communications were the same tone and attitude. To my discredit, I was very juvenile and drove back through the dealership with our Gladiator to demonstrate we got what we wanted at what we wanted to pay.

These times we're living in mang . . .

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20

This has not really been the case in Australia, but is slowly starting to appear.
I believe this might be one reason why Nissan Australia are handling allocations and not dealers…meaning they can’t take stock use it then sell at exorbitant prices as they will be allocated directly to each customer, at least that’s what we are being told.
They have also been told that any demo models they are given must not be sold for 9 months

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
They have also been told that any demo models they are given must not be sold for 9 months
So, how is this being enforced Down Under? Must be some loopholes to get them back into inventory before 9 mos? Only demos qualify? Curious.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
So, how is this being enforced Down Under? Must be some loopholes to get them back into inventory before 9 mos? Only demos qualify? Curious.
No idea….just what they were told, I’m sure it would be easy to keep track of since if you sell a car a contract has to be drawn up with the VIN, meaning head office would be alerted

From there any punishment could be made, I’m just guessing but could include no further demos to that location, a loss of the dealer delivery fee on the orders that have been “sold” through the dealership but handled by head office, de escalating their dealers level ( in Aus higher rating dealers get more stock) …heaps of ways they could punish them if they so chose.
Regardless only the higher selling dealers are getting a demo, and would not get another for 9 months. Think of it this way…your a buyer are you more likely to buy from a dealer that has a demo or one without? I’m guessing with, so if a dealer sells their demo and Head office won’t give them another for 9 months they could well be shooting themselves in the foot, as they will lose more sales to the dealer down the road with a demo than one without.