First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1984 Pontiac Trans Am, 1968 Chevrolet C10
Occupation
Mechatronics Engineer
i couldnt get a straight answer from the dealer im on the list with. now a days chances are, they know people are paying over to even get a normal car/truck, much less a legendary sports car. im sure they will go down the list and call each one trying to scare them into paying more. dealer will get in 3 cars and try to get all 50 who are waiting to outbid one another.

i remember the days no one even paid msrp...back then if you did, you were a sucka.

edit: even when the highly anticipated 3rd gen tacoma first came out, my dealer only received 2 in. i got it for $500 below msrp and got them to tint the windows for free.
How’d you manage that?

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
This is going to sound kinda shitty, but with dealerships likely only getting 1 new Z, I cant imagine anyone wanting to give up their source. Especially if they were promised no markups lol.
I agree…someone could swoop in and offer A few grand as a sweetner, there goes your car

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
How’d you manage that?
called several dealers telling them im gonna buy one that week, and i wss shopping around to see what the best deal i could get.

Lvckv69

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 911
This is going to sound kinda shitty, but with dealerships likely only getting 1 new Z, I cant imagine anyone wanting to give up their source. Especially if they were promised no markups lol.
If a dealer promised you no markups, it is a lie and should run away

Z hope

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura
Occupation
Retired
If a dealer promised you no markups, it is a lie and should run away
Actually no that’s not correct. There are some honest people out there they’re just very hard to find.

Future6spZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ocean blue JLU
I have a verbal from my local dealer that they will sell to me at MSRP. We will see when official pricing is revealed and orders open up. If they back out, so be it. This will be a third car, so if I get one at MSRP great, if not I will either wait or move on to the next latest and greatest.
If you can get it for MSRP let us all know. I'd be wiling to make a drive for MSRP or less:cool:

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
This is going around and around. Look, there WILL be markups on these first allocations, heck maybe even the 2nd time around. Pay to play, take it or leave it!

Z hope

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura
Occupation
Retired
This is going around and around. Look, there WILL be markups on these first allocations, heck maybe even the 2nd time around. Pay to play, take it or leave it!
Ok … are you willing to pay me $5000 if I give you the name and phone number of a dealer that will sell it to you for MSRP and you buy the car. There are honesty dealers they are just very hard to find.

ceric

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Mazda6
For C8, ADM actually gets higher after 2 yrs. Hope the new Z is not going to be that hot... judging by the recent poll, it looks like more people are on the fence now. Less demand, more likely for paying MSRP. I will advise you all to wait... I will go first. Thanks.
;)

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
The dealer here I saw on Facebook has a yellow one in the show room not for sale. the guy who posted it , is saying they are going to be marked up no more than 5k so they say

Last edited:

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
If it comes down to it, yeah I'll go play somewhere else. I generally do not like big spender scenes, and choose not to participate.

I think a year from now, more than a few people who still want a Z, will not have one. But they'll be watching persons who were lucky/connected, or spent on ADMs, driving around in Zs. Maybe even two years from now, with scarcity and what's projected for manufacturing.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Ok … are you willing to pay me $5000 if I give you the name and phone number of a dealer that will sell it to you for MSRP and you buy the car. There are honesty dealers they are just very hard to find.
LOL you probably work for that dealer, taking a cut. MSRP or I’ll walk and wait. If any dealer is honest enough to promise MSRP just come out n say it.

Dingobaby

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
B7 Passat 1.8t Apr stg 1+ intake exhaust
LOL you probably work for that dealer, taking a cut. MSRP or I’ll walk and wait. If any dealer is honest enough to promise MSRP just come out n say it.
Yeah I don't mind waiting, even a couple of years. I mean we don't have ADM in Canada per say but it's pretty common for dealers to put on a few hundred kms and sell it as used with ADM lol.

If I could get a c8 for MSRP I'll pick that over Z but I have yet to find one selling for MSRP. If I'm going to wait for my factory order to take it's sweet time I might as well wait for market to cool down.

Z hope

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura
Occupation
Retired
I like your way of thinking. But if I give up my source at this time well you know how that might go. I’ll do you one better when it does comes in and it is over my price point I will let you know at that time , how about that. And no I don’t work for the dealer I just know the general manager and I know he is selling all there cars in MSRP and nothing over that’s just the kind of guy is.