71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
71 240z, 90 300zx, 23 ZProtoMT, 24 Z Nismo
Had my finger on the pulse of several dealers in town through a local dealer / owner contact. I had options on 8 in Dallas and the negotiations were quit interesting. First option + 25k, option 2 -4 +20k, stopped there and wrote off the limited Edition- not gonna pay that much over. Planned on a build to order and wait.

A Random conversation at a bar lead to a contact at Grapevine Nissan & we cut the deal over text @ +5k over list. Curious to know of limited Edition owners - what did you pay? The car is phenomenal, head turner for sure- I’ve been stopped 15-20 for people wanting to take a look. Love it, driving is fun again.
9F2CAF6B-6FA1-4280-A5A2-234E78E9A10E.jpeg
Gotta Love it and 5k Over is a great price. I paid just over 7k msrp for mine back in September 22.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
congrats and welcome from another texan.

i'm near the dfw area and have not heard from my dealer yet. i've called them numerous times over the last (almost) 2yrs, but it seems i need to give them a ring tomorrow...

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
There's a Sport manual at my local dealer, still on stop sale. If I can get $5K over I can deal with it. With the upgrades I'm planning to do anyway, it's my best route. I wonder if the Sport will be more negotiable? Will see.....

Y_PLZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan
I don't want to put it on if I can get away with it but I was provided with the front plate kit from Nissan.

From Texas DMV - According to Texas law, all vehicles must have a license plate on the front and the rear. Those who do not adhere to the law can face a fine of up to $200. The law does specify an exception to the rule for road tractors, motorcycles, trailers, and semitrailers.

One Good thing the plates are black and they mount on black on the car so may not look so bad. I'll know for sure in a couple weeks.
What about putting it on your windshield with those little suction cups?

OP
OP
Marshall58of240

Marshall58of240

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Proto Spec A/T
Occupation
Business Owner
What about putting it on your windshield with those little suction cups?
Not a lot of windshield to work with - I’ve got a couple weeks to figure it out - I’ll post pic

OP
OP
Marshall58of240

Marshall58of240

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Business Owner
There's a Sport manual at my local dealer, still on stop sale. If I can get $5K over I can deal with it. With the upgrades I'm planning to do anyway, it's my best route. I wonder if the Sport will be more negotiable? Will see.....
I would not think you pay over list for general production vehicle - the limited editions are the only ones I’ve heard people paying of sticker - I can send you he contact for my guy, I know they had other models coming in this month

OP
OP
Marshall58of240

Marshall58of240

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Business Owner
Had my finger on the pulse of several dealers in town through a local dealer / owner contact. I had options on 8 in Dallas and the negotiations were quit interesting. First option + 25k, option 2 -4 +20k, stopped there and wrote off the limited Edition- not gonna pay that much over. Planned on a build to order and wait.

A Random conversation at a bar lead to a contact at Grapevine Nissan & we cut the deal over text @ +5k over list. Curious to know of limited Edition owners - what did you pay? The car is phenomenal, head turner for sure- I’ve been stopped 15-20 for people wanting to take a look. Love it, driving is fun again.
9F2CAF6B-6FA1-4280-A5A2-234E78E9A10E.jpeg
One of my buddies that’s an Acura GSM sent me this - Clay Cooley in Dallas has two 90k
6DF1A96D-36E5-4359-9EB0-083BCA725A5E.jpeg

Last edited:

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
^ that's weird because for many years clays been the low price dealer telling everyone to shop the competition then bring your best offer and he will beat anyone's deal...

OP
OP
Marshall58of240

Marshall58of240

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Business Owner
I don't want to put it on if I can get away with it but I was provided with the front plate kit from Nissan.

From Texas DMV - According to Texas law, all vehicles must have a license plate on the front and the rear. Those who do not adhere to the law can face a fine of up to $200. The law does specify an exception to the rule for road tractors, motorcycles, trailers, and semitrailers.

One Good thing the plates are black and they mount on black on the car so may not look so bad. I'll know for sure in a couple weeks.
plated today - no front plate at this time

IMG_6848.jpg