New Member Introductions

theboosh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
XV
Hi everyone,

I've been following this board for a while and just signed up today. I'm pretty excited for the 400Z, I think there have been some great cars coming out from Japan lately, after a somewhat conservative period, and the Z looks to really hit the mark.

I've always been into late 90s JDM cars and all things Japanese culture, I previously owned a 1996 R33 Gts-t. Currently I drive a Subaru XV/Crosstrek, and while it's a great car...it's not a sportscar.

I look forward to more news as the Z gets closer to release, and following this board for the latest updates and everybody's thoughts!

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Greetings all!

Way too excited on this new step in the 'life' of the Z! Owned five 240Zs in my lifetime and avid track driver. Extended family is my 2nd Gen Xterra Off Road, capably modified for crawling and overlanding.

Thanks for the add, awaiting more good news (hoping......)

On2Vegas

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti Q50S Red Sport 400
Hello all,

Just joined. I've never owned a Z, but have been in the Nissan "family" for at least 20 years now. I had the 99 Maxima SE (gave it to my father who still drives it) and the 2005 Infiniti FX45. I'm currently driving the 17 Q50 Red Sport 400.

I often drove my cousin's 350, which I think was a 2008. What a fun car, but I never did pull the trigger myself. Now I'm seriously considering giving up the Q50 for the 400Z next year since the kids are grown and I don't need back seats.

Anyway looking forward to learning from and conversing with you knowledgeable Z folk.

Mark

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan Rogue
Welcome to Z35FORUM everyone! Please feel free to say hello here and introduce yourselves. :)
Hello! My name is Mark and am new to the site and love it already. My first Z was a new 1983 280zx and then purchased a new 2006 350z Roadster. I am looking forward to the new Z coming out and love all the new pictures. I live in Sussex Wisconsin, USA.

Bobcat

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
nurse
Hey guys! I love cars and have been following the 400z info for awhile. I'm looking to replace my 2016 Mustang GT soon and am not too picky as far as brand or type of car. It just has to be quick, decent looking and most of all fun to drive. My most recent cars have been the 16 GT premium, 14 GT base, 13 Genesis Coupe and 10 Genesis Coupe. Before that I had an 04 Nissan Sentra Spec-V (which was the first car I did extensive mods to), 98 Eclipse, 95 Mustang GT and 94 Probe GT. I've had several other "regular" cars before and in between some of these, but I'm not listing those as they were mainly point A to B or work related. I had been planning on getting a Challenger Scat Pack for the past couple years and almost bought one a couple times, but the timing and price were not right. Plus I was having trouble deciding what trim I wanted. I finally got a place with a garage and decent trade equity on my stang so I am now ready to pull the trigger.

Anyway, I'm not sure if I can hold out another year if that's how long it will take the Z to hit the lots as I am just about to order a R/T Scat Pack 1320. I just thought I'd say hi and see if any of you think its worth it to wait for more info and availability of the Nissan. I mostly like what I'm seeing of the specs and look so far. Although I'm still not sure of the front end, but it is growing on me and the latest photos look much better than the Proto. I'm not sure how easy it is to tune this engine either being a V6 twin turbo? I hear the I6 in the Supra is a beast and is easy to add 80-100hp. The Toyota is a little pricey though and has some quirks like the styling is a little over the top and no cooled seat option. I am leaning more towards a muscle car as there are not a lot of curves in my area and I love the sound of a big V8 with gobs of torque off the line, but I am open to suggestions.

Last edited:

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
Just a car guy, grew up on Chevys but went Import as an adult.....I like going fast AND turning.

I've done many pilgrimages to Tail of the Dragon, Moonshiner, Cherohalla, etc.

'70.5 Camaro Z/28
'81 Monte Carlo SS
'87 Grand National
'88 Cutlass Supreme Classic

Then I saw a 3000GT VR-4 for the first time, this changed everything.

'83 RX-7
'93 RX-7
'89 240SX Fastback
'95 240SX
'07 350Z
'10 370Z 40th Anniversary
'11 Z4 35i
'16 Q50S RedSport

The new Z is keeping me out of a C8 Corvette.

50thZ

First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 370z 50th Anniversary
Occupation
Retired
Retired Army, retired from the VA. Love cars, motorcycles. Ham radio operator , watch collector and loving that I get to enjoy all these, still. I have owned two Z cars to date. Looking seriously at the New Z!My first Z was the pearl white Sport 6 speed.

DSCN0619.jpg
DSC00526small.jpeg
DSC00521sm.jpeg

Last edited:

50thZ

First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 370z 50th Anniversary
Occupation
Retired
Hey guys! I love cars and have been following the 400z info for awhile. I'm looking to replace my 2016 Mustang GT soon and am not too picky as far as brand or type of car. It just has to be quick, decent looking and most of all fun to drive. My most recent cars have been the 16 GT premium, 14 GT base, 13 Genesis Coupe and 10 Genesis Coupe. Before that I had an 04 Nissan Sentra Spec-V (which was the first car I did extensive mods to), 98 Eclipse, 95 Mustang GT and 94 Probe GT. I've had several other "regular" cars before and in between some of these, but I'm not listing those as they were mainly point A to B or work related. I had been planning on getting a Challenger Scat Pack for the past couple years and almost bought one a couple times, but the timing and price were not right. Plus I was having trouble deciding what trim I wanted. I finally got a place with a garage and decent trade equity on my stang so I am now ready to pull the trigger.

Anyway, I'm not sure if I can hold out another year if that's how long it will take the Z to hit the lots as I am just about to order a R/T Scat Pack 1320. I just thought I'd say hi and see if any of you think its worth it to wait for more info and availability of the Nissan. I mostly like what I'm seeing of the specs and look so far. Although I'm still not sure of the front end, but it is growing on me and the latest photos look much better than the Proto. I'm not sure how easy it is to tune this engine either being a V6 twin turbo? I hear the I6 in the Supra is a beast and is easy to add 80-100hp. The Toyota is a little pricey though and has some quirks like the styling is a little over the top and no cooled seat option. I am leaning more towards a muscle car as there are not a lot of curves in my area and I love the sound of a big V8 with gobs of torque off the line, but I am open to suggestions.
Wait it will be worth it!

NissanFreak2021

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti G37
Occupation
Accountant

I say at least wait until they unveil the car officially with specs, price and release date and then decide.

Bobcat

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
nurse
Yeah, I probably should wait and hope they release info yet this year. But the thing with buying a new model is there could be kinks to work out and I'm sure there won't be any incentives and such when it first comes out. The Challenger has been out forever it seems and is one of the most reliable sporty cars at the moment. Plus they always offer decent incentives and have 0% financing for 72 months right now, not to mention I could order one a few percent under invoice. But on the other hand it is heavy and near the end of its cycle and I would most likely have to get at least 1 and maybe 2 extra wheel and tire sets as the trim I wanted comes with drag radials.

NissanFreak2021

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti G37
Occupation
Accountant
Yeah, I probably should wait and hope they release info yet this year. But the thing with buying a new model is there could be kinks to work out and I'm sure there won't be any incentives and such when it first comes out. The Challenger has been out forever it seems and is one of the most reliable sporty cars at the moment. Plus they always offer decent incentives and have 0% financing for 72 months right now, not to mention I could order one a few percent under invoice. But on the other hand it is heavy and near the end of its cycle and I would most likely have to get at least 1 and maybe 2 extra wheel and tire sets as the trim I wanted comes with drag radials.
I would expect information to be out this year. As for kinks I wouldn't worry to much about first year. The platform is an upgraded version of the previous great chassis and the engine has been in the Infiniti line for many years. They have had time to work out the issues and learned.

twoeightythreez

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5 speed swap 04 Grand Marquis, 07 Buick Lucerne
Occupation
Driver and ex mechanic
Hello, My name is Bryan. I am turning 44 April 11th and I have owned 2 Z cars in the past, as well as 2 S13s and 2 s14s, plus various other Nissan and Infiniti Products. I am excited to see that a New Z car is coming out and the timing is looking to be perfect for me to get the new Z I have been dreaming of for most of my life! I live in Allentown, PA and currently don't own any Nissan products (I just gave my mother my Frontier after she blew her car up, lol)!

I will probably be doing a base model in either Deep pearl blue or Monarch Orange (if offered). It will be the first time I have owned a Z car since 2007. (when I sold my 1978 280z).