Bobcat

First Name
Robert
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
nurse
Hey guys! I love cars and have been following the 400z info for awhile. I'm looking to replace my 2016 Mustang GT soon and am not too picky as far as brand or type of car. It just has to be quick, decent looking and most of all fun to drive. My most recent cars have been the 16 GT premium, 14 GT base, 13 Genesis Coupe and 10 Genesis Coupe. Before that I had an 04 Nissan Sentra Spec-V (which was the first car I did extensive mods to), 98 Eclipse, 95 Mustang GT and 94 Probe GT. I've had several other "regular" cars before and in between some of these, but I'm not listing those as they were mainly point A to B or work related. I had been planning on getting a Challenger Scat Pack for the past couple years and almost bought one a couple times, but the timing and price were not right. Plus I was having trouble deciding what trim I wanted. I finally got a place with a garage and decent trade equity on my stang so I am now ready to pull the trigger.

Anyway, I'm not sure if I can hold out another year if that's how long it will take the Z to hit the lots as I am just about to order a R/T Scat Pack 1320. I just thought I'd say hi and see if any of you think its worth it to wait for more info and availability of the Nissan. I mostly like what I'm seeing of the specs and look so far. Although I'm still not sure of the front end, but it is growing on me and the latest photos look much better than the Proto. I'm not sure how easy it is to tune this engine either being a V6 twin turbo? I hear the I6 in the Supra is a beast and is easy to add 80-100hp. The Toyota is a little pricey though and has some quirks like the styling is a little over the top and no cooled seat option. I am leaning more towards a muscle car as there are not a lot of curves in my area and I love the sound of a big V8 with gobs of torque off the line, but I am open to suggestions.

Last edited:

Houston.Z35

Reaction score
Car(s)
Q50S RS 400
Just a car guy, grew up on Chevys but went Import as an adult.....I like going fast AND turning.

I've done many pilgrimages to Tail of the Dragon, Moonshiner, Cherohalla, etc.

'70.5 Camaro Z/28
'81 Monte Carlo SS
'87 Grand National
'88 Cutlass Supreme Classic

Then I saw a 3000GT VR-4 for the first time, this changed everything.

'83 RX-7
'93 RX-7
'89 240SX Fastback
'95 240SX
'07 350Z
'10 370Z 40th Anniversary
'11 Z4 35i
'16 Q50S RedSport

The new Z is keeping me out of a C8 Corvette.

50thZ

First Name
Rudy
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 370z 50th Anniversary
Occupation
Retired
Retired Army, retired from the VA. Love cars, motorcycles. Ham radio operator , watch collector and loving that I get to enjoy all these, still. I have owned two Z cars to date. Looking seriously at the New Z!My first Z was the pearl white Sport 6 speed.

DSCN0619.jpg
DSC00526small.jpeg
DSC00521sm.jpeg

Last edited:

50thZ

First Name
Rudy
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 370z 50th Anniversary
Occupation
Retired
Hey guys! I love cars and have been following the 400z info for awhile. I'm looking to replace my 2016 Mustang GT soon and am not too picky as far as brand or type of car. It just has to be quick, decent looking and most of all fun to drive. My most recent cars have been the 16 GT premium, 14 GT base, 13 Genesis Coupe and 10 Genesis Coupe. Before that I had an 04 Nissan Sentra Spec-V (which was the first car I did extensive mods to), 98 Eclipse, 95 Mustang GT and 94 Probe GT. I've had several other "regular" cars before and in between some of these, but I'm not listing those as they were mainly point A to B or work related. I had been planning on getting a Challenger Scat Pack for the past couple years and almost bought one a couple times, but the timing and price were not right. Plus I was having trouble deciding what trim I wanted. I finally got a place with a garage and decent trade equity on my stang so I am now ready to pull the trigger.

Anyway, I'm not sure if I can hold out another year if that's how long it will take the Z to hit the lots as I am just about to order a R/T Scat Pack 1320. I just thought I'd say hi and see if any of you think its worth it to wait for more info and availability of the Nissan. I mostly like what I'm seeing of the specs and look so far. Although I'm still not sure of the front end, but it is growing on me and the latest photos look much better than the Proto. I'm not sure how easy it is to tune this engine either being a V6 twin turbo? I hear the I6 in the Supra is a beast and is easy to add 80-100hp. The Toyota is a little pricey though and has some quirks like the styling is a little over the top and no cooled seat option. I am leaning more towards a muscle car as there are not a lot of curves in my area and I love the sound of a big V8 with gobs of torque off the line, but I am open to suggestions.
Wait it will be worth it!

NissanFreak2021

Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti G37
Occupation
Accountant

I say at least wait until they unveil the car officially with specs, price and release date and then decide.

Bobcat

First Name
Robert
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
nurse
Yeah, I probably should wait and hope they release info yet this year. But the thing with buying a new model is there could be kinks to work out and I'm sure there won't be any incentives and such when it first comes out. The Challenger has been out forever it seems and is one of the most reliable sporty cars at the moment. Plus they always offer decent incentives and have 0% financing for 72 months right now, not to mention I could order one a few percent under invoice. But on the other hand it is heavy and near the end of its cycle and I would most likely have to get at least 1 and maybe 2 extra wheel and tire sets as the trim I wanted comes with drag radials.

NissanFreak2021

Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti G37
Occupation
Accountant
Yeah, I probably should wait and hope they release info yet this year. But the thing with buying a new model is there could be kinks to work out and I'm sure there won't be any incentives and such when it first comes out. The Challenger has been out forever it seems and is one of the most reliable sporty cars at the moment. Plus they always offer decent incentives and have 0% financing for 72 months right now, not to mention I could order one a few percent under invoice. But on the other hand it is heavy and near the end of its cycle and I would most likely have to get at least 1 and maybe 2 extra wheel and tire sets as the trim I wanted comes with drag radials.
I would expect information to be out this year. As for kinks I wouldn't worry to much about first year. The platform is an upgraded version of the previous great chassis and the engine has been in the Infiniti line for many years. They have had time to work out the issues and learned.

twoeightythreez

First Name
Bryan
Reaction score
Car(s)
5 speed swap 04 Grand Marquis, 07 Buick Lucerne
Occupation
Driver and ex mechanic
Hello, My name is Bryan. I am turning 44 April 11th and I have owned 2 Z cars in the past, as well as 2 S13s and 2 s14s, plus various other Nissan and Infiniti Products. I am excited to see that a New Z car is coming out and the timing is looking to be perfect for me to get the new Z I have been dreaming of for most of my life! I live in Allentown, PA and currently don't own any Nissan products (I just gave my mother my Frontier after she blew her car up, lol)!

I will probably be doing a base model in either Deep pearl blue or Monarch Orange (if offered). It will be the first time I have owned a Z car since 2007. (when I sold my 1978 280z).

Dgriz

First Name
Doug
Reaction score
Car(s)
1970 240Z, 1971 240Z, 1972 240Z
Occupation
Engineer
Hey everyone. I'm Doug and I have lost count of the number of Datsun and Nissan Z cars I have had pass thru my garages. My first was a 1970 Green (acquired in 1973), color changed to yellow pearl and basically stock. It has since transformed to the G nose, LS1 and a really pearl yellow. All the rest have come to the garage, been spiffed up and most have sold after we used them a bit. Same with the 300ZX, 350Z and 370Z. We still have 3, mine and one each for the two sons, ready for the mods they want to attempt.
I'll be ordering the 400Z as soon as I am able, S option, manual, color undetermined as of now.
-3433162987367510719.jpg

AttackByDemons

First Name
Rene
Reaction score
Car(s)
Explorer ST
Occupation
UPS
Hi everyone! My name is Rene and I used to own a 04 350Z back in 2004.

I miss that car so much, but the good thing about that car it was my first show car that I got to travel do movies, meet great people and celebrities.

I’m very interested and excited to see what the new Z has to offer and I’m glad to be apart of something new.

Here’s a few photos of my old Z and my last project. You can tell from my last project I’ve always been a fan of Nissan

Rene

D27B2B2E-9253-469C-882A-9DE9821050E1.jpeg

3B921956-CE33-432E-BBFC-2A60583EF366.jpeg

F8496C4A-8823-4018-B56F-85904D55C782.jpeg

85C248AB-BD9C-4719-9EB2-33A72667BE92.jpeg

65778A21-AB9D-45A6-A780-575FB471D313.jpeg

00A10559-26CF-481C-A143-E08A119D8C24.jpeg

BD4F2601-6BD5-44BE-A4DC-26EF6A396A9A.jpeg

2067C55F-868A-4B69-A153-973C6ACC29E7.jpeg

373B0C14-B467-4506-AB21-35F697F8E35F.jpeg

z32chick

First Name
Sarah
Reaction score
Car(s)
89 JDM z32TT 2+2, 07 Xterra Off Road 6mt
Occupation
Airport Operations
Hey there! Looking forward to the new z and the aftermarket world it's going to open up, especially taller 240z-like tail lights and retro style aero.
I'm on NICO as SarahLovesHer300zx and insta as z32chick. I've owned (3) z32s, still have two currently. One has an engine "built" by the previous owner but its a garbage build that I've been trying get running for years. Probably going to rob the go-fast goodies off that one and send it to the junkyard. The other is my 89 JDM z32TT 2+2 and she's my pride & joy. Hoping to add the new z to my stable in the near future.

Georges1

First Name
George
Reaction score
Car(s)
1972 Datsun 240Z
Occupation
Safety Engineer
Hi. I am glad to find this forum and look forward to seeing discussions on the upcoming Z. I bought a new 1973 and owned it until someone pulled out in front of me and totaled my car. I had planned to keep my car forever. Four years ago, after a lot of looking I found a very nice ‘72 at a fair price and purchased it. It drives as it should, everything works, it is stock, and even smells as it should. It is great a new Z is coming and it can’t come too soon. I hope to have two Z’s in the not too distant future