First Name
Willie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
rogue, wrangler
Occupation
Sales Management
Well they better do a warranty for me then because its pathetic, I actually went to the back to see if they left a clear sticker over the camera. Then I went into settings and nothing makes a difference.
I would probably ask nicely before saying better. Just a bit of advice.

Can you take a photo of it?
And sure. When I get home. I didn't drive it today.

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
I came from a 2012 G37, so I think the camera looks pretty good. I guess it's what you're used to. That said, I have noticed that the frame rate is pretty bad (maybe worse than the G37). I see lots of image stuttering when I'm moving. I think the resolution of the display is a big step up from the G37, the camera resolution may still be low.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
This is my wifes 2022 pathfinder vs the Z

I think one reason the pathfinder is sharper as it's only half the screen where the Z is stretched out but that's doesn't explain why the looks more dim

PXL_20230608_210531475.jpg

PXL_20230608_215426465.MP.jpg

OP
OP
MapleOne

MapleOne

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
PXL_20230608_221045610.jpg

Notice on mine you can hardly make out the paver seams.

In any sun it completely washes out.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
US:

CA:

These systems seem different. For sure the buttons along the bottom are. Maybe the screen size, too. Do CA and US have different infotainment and backup systems?

yes canada gets the 8" screen from the sport models even on premium. US gets 9"

Last edited:
OP
OP
MapleOne

MapleOne

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
Could be different but if you look at how the house in yours blurrs out I don't think its any better quality. It's crystal clear on my Palisade.

I did notice that if you switch from night to day view it get a tiny bit better but nothing to write home about.

Supremekai

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z
US:

CA:

These systems seem different. For sure the buttons along the bottom are. Maybe the screen size, too. Do CA and US have different infotainment and backup systems?
Didn't know the knobs and buttons are different between the 8" and 9" too. The 9" knobs/button looks better

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
It's embarrassing how bad the quality is for a 2023MY. I wonder how difficult it would be to replace the camera with an aftermarket one or even an OEM one from another new Nissan model.

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
Nice 2010 camera

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
PXL_20230529_143620695.jpg

I love the car but here are some of the things I wish were.... hmm... different.

- I wish the exhaust had a bit of a better rumble, hopefully I can find a way to fix that while preserving those remarkable tailpipe tips.

- In Canada the car has only one reverse light and the other side (left) is a red foglamp. There are a number of things that bug me about this and first and foremost is everyone tells me I have a reverse light burnt out. I thought that even at delivery. I wish I could change that.

- The red rear foglamp only utilizes two of the leds instead of all of them and they sacrificed an entire rear backup light for that. There would have been room for both on the left.

- The backup camera actually sucks, and I mean it sucks, the quality is pathetic.

- I keep getting a message that the front sonar is disabled due to abstruction even though there is no obstruction. Recycling with the ignition fixes it for about 15 minutes. Happens mostly on hot days.

- The car uses a standard gas cap, I'm going to go capless as soon as I find the right one.

- No wireless phone charging and no wireless android auto. I remedied the latter with Wireless AA Auto

- No front parking camera, I cannot tell you how much I wish it had that.

- Both front left and front right dashboard/door area have slight rattles going over bumps.

- Red lights inside the door are not functioning as actual lights when the doors are opened, seems to be just like on Hyundai. It looks like a light but does not light up.

Other than that.... I love the car

PXL_20230529_155121235.jpg

PXL_20230529_155207256.jpg

Screenshot (29).png

PS. Yes the blue interior and yes my plate covers have a slight blue tint.

Congrats!!! Where in Ontario are you?

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
Kitchener-Waterloo

I am hoping to eventually connect with some other Z owners.
We go meets with other new z owners. You’re more than welcome to come! We’re scattered around the GTA. There will be a Infiniti/Nissan meet June 17. Add me on Instagram for more info.

Go_2_zzz