BurninateZ

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'92 MR2 Turbo, '19 508 GT, '23 Supra GT Manual
the prob was 2 fold the interwebz ran like wildfire with the thought of supra killer and now the price cause if its competitor was the supra but pricing has sitting in shark tank with everything else in the price range which offers alot of choices , i understand that some people cant see anything pass Nissan the best .... but i guess for people like me i like all cars and anything fast
Hopefully the Z is priced well enough to attract sales and keep the market competitive. I know the supra and Z are priced closer in the US, but over here in AU it's 15-25k AUD more expensive than the Z depending on whether you opt for base or premium. The Mustang GT is a much more direct competitor on price.

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
Hopefully the Z is priced well enough to attract sales and keep the market competitive. I know the supra and Z are priced closer in the US, but over here in AU it's 15-25k AUD more expensive than the Z depending on whether you opt for base or premium. The Mustang GT is a much more direct competitor on price.
yea in the good ol US the msrp are very close for a few car brands, i saw a few people posting on FB that they are getting quoted 98K for a proto... de pinga lol we might not even see a nismo if everything goes south

Last edited:

Kbl911

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z
Occupation
Wealth Management
yea in the good ol US the msrp are very close for a few car brands
Not to worry, Nissan still has the opportunity to properly undercut the Supra on price in the future. They just need to expand the trim range since, currently, the only model that is relatively analogous to even the Base 3.0 MKV is the top-tier Performance Z (both vehicles offer things that the other does not, but they're close).

1660136283998.png
1660136378843.png

**Note: If you want either one with red paint, the prices suddenly get even closer since Toyota is charging nothing for that and Nissan wants a ludicrous $1,695 :rolleyes: Admittedly, Nissan's looks gorgeous, though.

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
Not to worry, Nissan still has the opportunity to properly undercut the Supra on price in the future. They just need to expand the trim range since, currently, the only model that is relatively analogous to even the Base 3.0 MKV is the top-tier Performance Z (both vehicles offer things that the other does not, but they're close).

1660136283998.png
1660136378843.png

**Note: If you want either one with red paint, the prices suddenly get even closer since Toyota is charging nothing for that and Nissan wants a ludicrous $1,695 :rolleyes: Admittedly, Nissan's looks gorgeous, though.
i did the nissan builder anything but the plain single grey like puts u in the 51k range

Kbl911

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z
Occupation
Wealth Management
i did the nissan builder anything but the plain single grey like puts u in the 51k range
And if I had to choose with the current color options in either car, I'd go yellow, so you're looking at $425 from Toyota (as of 2022) and $1,295 from Nissan on that one. Jesus, Nissan is really gouging with the paints!

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
And if I had to choose with the current color options in either car, I'd go yellow, so you're looking at $425 from Toyota (as of 2022) and $1,295 from Nissan on that one. Jesus, Nissan is really gouging with the paints!
yea i like blue or boulder luckly boulder is only 800 vs 1250

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
As I've reserved a Gun Metallic MT I guess I'm signed up for the cheapest option Performance available in Canada - no paint surcharge, no ~$1700 AT surcharge ( I know AT is n/c in US, not the case here).

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
We're in between US and Aus here in Canada on that price differential
- $58,500 for performance vs $68,500 for loaded 3.0.

Last edited:

Drseckzytime

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stuff
It comes down to ones perception of value and wants/needs, and as far lovers, feelings.

That being said, I still do not see the value here. I just picked up a new 22 2SS 1LE for $52k, and it offers so much more bells, whistles, and performance for the money.

If the Z performance trim was around $45k, maybe I would've thought longer and harder. But I couldn't justify the Z and then needing to do different suspension and tires immediately for example. And it's not just aesthetic need, the tires and suspension are critical to my driving needs.

Kbl911

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z
Occupation
Wealth Management
It comes down to ones perception of value and wants/needs, and as far lovers, feelings.

That being said, I still do not see the value here. I just picked up a new 22 2SS 1LE for $52k, and it offers so much more bells, whistles, and performance for the money.

If the Z performance trim was around $45k, maybe I would've thought longer and harder. But I couldn't justify the Z and then needing to do different suspension and tires immediately for example. And it's not just aesthetic need, the tires and suspension are critical to my driving needs.
You're spot on.

The value argument from Nissan is a little more dicey than I would have hoped going into this, but I obviously see the appeal of the car. It's lovely, it's powerful, and there is some potential here to grab a decent chunk of the remaining sports car market. The pricing does make this a bit more challenging, particularly when you start stacking up the Z against its natural rivals in the segment, as MT, C&D, and others have already done.

Nissan may be wise to take this year as a bit of a mulligan - perhaps it was always going to be that way with the rubbish car market, parts shortages, and myriad production difficulties - and reassess the Z's lineup and pricing structure in the future. Hope springs eternal.

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
The Camaro is huge at 188" long vs 172" for the Z. It's nearly 200 lbs heavier. And the forward visibility is so limited I had to duck my head down to see the traffic light when I was stopped at intersections (and I'm no giant at 5'11+ "). Hard pass. Loved the engine sound though.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60

Your first part is correct. Me, personally, I have way too many hangups about both the Camaro and mustang. I just couldn't bring myself to consider one. I would consider a Challenger, though it'd need to be a 392 or above to deal with the mass.

The second part about value, I disagree. If one's goal is to have a tunable Japanese sporty car, the new Z is a great value. I have considered FI for my current VQ37, but with careful research I determined it's a very expensive hassle that can possibly compromise the car.
Just doing the math on my current car's value plus FI and everything that goes along with it, I'm pretty sure I'd be rolling around in an 8 year old car that has $50k overall into it.
To me, this makes the new Z an awesome value.

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
The Camaro is huge at 188" long vs 172" for the Z. It's nearly 200 lbs heavier. And the forward visibility is so limited I had to duck my head down to see the traffic light when I was stopped at intersections (and I'm no giant at 5'11+ "). Hard pass. Loved the engine sound though.
what are u looking for UFOs i had 18 ss for 5 years ive never rolled up to a light so close that i had to really look