More allocations coming to US?

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
One of the dealers up here in Toronto was telling me it's at least a year out, possibly two for performance models. At least he said that's what they're telling anyone new looking to reserve or order... That's kinda like wtf lol

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
One of the dealers up here in Toronto was telling me it's at least a year out, possibly two for performance models. At least he said that's what they're telling anyone new looking to reserve or order... That's kinda like wtf lol
We might as well wait for the electric Z. Vapor car.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
got some updates on my car today. the dealer GM video called me and showed me this page on his laptop where he can track my car from port to the dealer with this map. he said ETA is now March 21st. I got shipping finalized too they are doing it inhouse for $1K so I feel ok with that.

so looks like all is left to do is wait a couple weeks with all the loose ends now tied up. He said he would text me a few times a week with updates as it changes on his end. I didnt know nissan actually showed a detailed map of the incoming cars

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
got some updates on my car today. the dealer GM video called me and showed me this page on his laptop where he can track my car from port to the dealer with this map. he said ETA is now March 21st. I got shipping finalized too they are doing it inhouse for $1K so I feel ok with that.

so looks like all is left to do is wait a couple weeks with all the loose ends now tied up. He said he would text me a few times a week with updates as it changes on his end. I didnt know nissan actually showed a detailed map of the incoming cars
Yep…they do.
My dealer in Australia said he would send me the details once my car hits the water…sadly unlike yourself I’m still waiting for that to happen

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport

oh really? no incoming news on canadas end

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
oh really? no incoming news on canadas end
Yep, still silence over here haha. I'd figure.. even if Nissan decides to not contact people who online reserved like the system said it would. I'd figure at least my dealer would have a VIN/Build date allocated so far with the order he put in for me last January. Last I spoke to him, mine was still the first one they were able to put through, along with their first Ariya ones.. I'd figure by now they'd have to be at least allocating something? The North American VIN numbers are all in the 1100-1200+ range for incoming cars.. I'm still so surprised it's this far
behind.

I'll reach out again this week and see what they have to say. I'm sure it's still nothing.

csb5150

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z Performance
Occupation
lawyer
If CarGurus is any indication, there seems to be more Zs being advertised. Now, if only dealers understood, that few buyers fall into the "I have to have one at any cost" category.

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
was searching around today and found VIN # as high as 1590
Definitely going up. I have noticed a lot more posts from people showing off their new rides, and posting some random dealer inventories. Hope we can keep the momentum going. ADMs are coming down too

Thisguy298

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 GTI
Definitely going up. I have noticed a lot more posts from people showing off their new rides, and posting some random dealer inventories. Hope we can keep the momentum going. ADMs are coming down too
too bad the Fed is raising interest rates :(. Not many people can afford a Z in cash, so these interest rates are spooky and somewhat replacing the ADM.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
too bad the Fed is raising interest rates :(. Not many people can afford a Z in cash, so these interest rates are spooky and somewhat replacing the ADM.

Yeah I think tier 1 credit with NMAC on a Z is like 7.38% for 60 months 7.4 for 72 and 7.5 for 84

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah, I did notice that, the rates are inflating the cost of borrowing to almost 20-25k in some cases, and that's assuming good credit. It's a tough position to be in right now

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
The trick to beating the rate game is to pay more than your minimum payment each month.

The extra goes to principal, and that lowers your "effective rate". Your interest charged each month is based on the declining balance on your monthly statement closing date.

Determine what your payment will be at the rate you want. Subtract that payment from your contracted payment, and then add that sum to your monthly payment.

Last edited: