First Name
Willie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
rogue, wrangler
Occupation
Sales Management
My current car was paid off last summer and I had every intention of getting the new Z. I called/visited a few dealerships last year near me and every one had crazy markups. Reading experiences like this still going on nearly a year later is really just depressing.
Keep in mind - for 90% of dealers, they are just now getting them. So not really a year. The only ones who had them got released before the stop sale.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
Keep in mind - for 90% of dealers, they are just now getting them. So not really a year. The only ones who had them got released before the stop sale.

this is a great point and the reason why I only started my real search in just the last coupe weeks. there were so many cars held at port of so long that it seemed pointless to even try. in the last couple weeks ive definitely noticed an uptick in dealer arrivals and ones scheduled for transit to the dealer. there was the initial protos last fall then a small trickle over the winter. now atleast we are seeing more its just with every dealer getting basically one that they cant control the trim/color is just another bottleneck

I mean this car has had literally 3 stop sales on it.

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
...in the last couple weeks ive definitely noticed an uptick in dealer arrivals and ones scheduled for transit to the dealer...
Maybe this is happening on the more populous East Coast, but I haven't noticed this at all out West.

Once I started to think about replacing my G37, it's been the same 20 Zs within 500 miles of my zip code (using Nissan's inventory search tool). Probably all have mark ups that buyers just won't pay. My local dealer has the same three marked up Proto Spec Zs today as when I started looking two months ago.

I started searching with other zip codes (I use 30223 a lot), I see the same set of cars there too.

It seems like nothing is moving. Buyers don't like the mark up, and nothing new is coming in.

Last edited:

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Maybe this is happening on the more populous East Coast, but I haven't noticed this at all out West.

Once I started to think about replacing my G37, it's been the same 20 Zs within 500 miles of my zip code (using Nissan's inventory search tool). Probably all have mark ups that buyers just won't pay. My local dealer has the same three marked up Proto Spec Zs today as when I started looking two months ago.

I started searching with other zip codes (I use 30223 a lot), I see the same set of cars there to.

It seems like nothing is moving. Buyers don't like the mark up, and nothing new is coming in.
Yeah it's got to be east coast is getting released from ports can I can tell a difference from even 3 weeks ago

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah it's got to be east coast is getting released from ports can I can tell a difference from even 3 weeks ago
If we can starting getting some volume, I think things will resolve.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
I just put a deposit on an out of state Z VIN number was in the 1170's thats a fairly new production build
i know you were wanting black. what color combo did you end up with?

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
black on black. car is scheduled to be delivered to that dealer my march 10. its a little under 500 miles from me. working on shipping now.
Nice. That's the exact one you wanted, right?

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nice. That's the exact one you wanted, right?

it is yes. hopefully it arrives at the dealer in a couple weeks. its at the LA port right now .

i thought about getting the red accent interior but this one is all black and while its more plain I think in the long run I will be happy with it

Thisguy298

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 GTI
it is yes. hopefully it arrives at the dealer in a couple weeks. its at the LA port right now .

i thought about getting the red accent interior but this one is all black and while its more plain I think in the long run I will be happy with it
be sure to post pictures once it comes in!

Bucko

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Permformance Black Diamond Pearl (Graphite)
I’ve been shopping for a Z the past couple of weeks. The Nashville area dealers make the $5,000 over invoice that a lot of people are paying seem like a bargain. One dealer wants $73,420 for a performance model that is arriving shortly. Another dealer has a Proto Spec. They wouldn’t even give me a solid price, just said somewhere between $80,000 & $100,000. I’m beginning to shop for a Supra.

Bucko

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Permformance Black Diamond Pearl (Graphite)
Here is what I just paid for today. Then I have to get is shipped. I think this is fair I'm fine with it

Screenshot_20230227-175955.png
Seems like a very fair price. I'm happy for you., I've been following this thread as a lurker and glad you finally found something. Enjoy!

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks it's been a long day hammering this out. I do have to get it shipped. Enclosed transport is like 1k. I might register all the stuff myself at the DMV and save a few hundred bucks to offset the shipping. Either way I feel good about things

Last edited: