More allocations coming to US?

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
Thanks it's been a long day hammering this out. I do have to get it shipped. Enclosed transport is like 1k. I might register all the stuff myself at the DMV and save a few hundred bucks to offset the shipping. Either way I feel good about things
Check with your dealer. Most stores charge a flat fee for tags as they wouldn't know the exact charge. After they process the tag work and get the actual cost, they refund the difference back to the customer.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
Check with your dealer. Most stores charge a flat fee for tags as they wouldn't know the exact charge. After they process the tag work and get the actual cost, they refund the difference back to the customer.

ok yeah mine is like 58 for title and 36 for tags

The $300 was them doing it all at one time with the sale.

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
ok yeah mine is like 58 for title and 36 for tags

The $300 was them doing it all at one time with the sale.
If that's the case, you'll get back $206, if they have that policy. Check your paperwork as some stores have you sign a "permission slip" which authorizes them to file on your behalf, and they usually give you a copy.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If that's the case, you'll get back $206, if they have that policy. Check your paperwork as some stores have you sign a "permission slip" which authorizes them to file on your behalf, and they usually give you a copy.
will pay attention when everything is signed.

biggest thing now is deciding on shipping. ive never had a car shipped before. the dealer wants to send their own guy down to me with the Z on a flat bed for like $1200. I got reference from one of my best GTR friends about a enclosed carrier that transports her cars and she says he is great. he is at $1100 and said I would have the car same day. dealer feels better about the first option as they said they have had incidents in the past with 3rd party pick ups. I got a few weeks to figure that out. I found some cheap quotes of like $600 but not sure I trust it as its probably with multiple other cars. first two options are single cars.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
will pay attention when everything is signed.

biggest thing now is deciding on shipping. ive never had a car shipped before. the dealer wants to send their own guy down to me with the Z on a flat bed for like $1200. I got reference from one of my best GTR friends about a enclosed carrier that transports her cars and she says he is great. he is at $1100 and said I would have the car same day. dealer feels better about the first option as they said they have had incidents in the past with 3rd party pick ups. I got a few weeks to figure that out. I found some cheap quotes of like $600 but not sure I trust it as its probably with multiple other cars. first two options are single cars.
I'd rather pay a working class person decent money to deliver my car than just give it to some greedy dealership markup.

Good on you!

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'd rather pay a working class person decent money to deliver my car than just give it to some greedy dealership markup.

Good on you!

Yeah this car is 466 miles away so a little under a 8 hour drive for whoever does it. After they dealers have been about this car and the feeling I got on my gut when I got an email saying the exact car i want is 20k over MSRP you damn right I'm paying someone to haul it down vs paying mark up.

Z06fan

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Chevrolet SS Sedan, Mini Cooper S
Occupation
entrepreneur
Here is what I just paid for today. Then I have to get is shipped. I think this is fair I'm fine with it

Screenshot_20230227-175955.png
Looks like you did pretty well based on the current car market. Where did you end up finding your car? I like the blue one in Statesville, but for us, it has to be a manual. I'm going to enjoy every last second shifting gears until they tell me I can't :).

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
My Eagle aluminum trailer CAN be rented for transport ;) E-tracks, electric brakes, winch, 1400 lbs easy!

1677594693474.png
1677594722379.png

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My Eagle aluminum trailer CAN be rented for transport ;) E-tracks, electric brakes, winch, 1400 lbs easy!

1677594693474.png
1677594722379.png

that is probably similar to what the dealer is offering to drive it down on per their description. If I go that route would have to tarp it or something

Looks like you did pretty well based on the current car market. Where did you end up finding your car? I like the blue one in Statesville, but for us, it has to be a manual. I'm going to enjoy every last second shifting gears until they tell me I can't :).
blue one in Statesville sold that same day I went up there. I posted it here and a big facebook group when I got home and the salesman texted me and thanked me for the sale that next day. found the car up in Lima Ohio.

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
that is probably similar to what the dealer is offering to drive it down on per their description. If I go that route would have to tarp it or something
All you need is cloth in the wind rubbing against the paint...

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
All you need is cloth in the wind rubbing against the paint...
Yeah I thought of that after I typed it lol. Maybe I should have them keep the shipping wrap on it? I got a a few days to figure it out

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
Screenshot_20230228-213321.png
Well, this is depressing.

Anyone else in SoCal looking? Any luck?