More allocations coming to US?

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I also like the ones that say family owned and you will always find the honest best price here blah blah and then they are like 15 over

The amount of dealers this week who have literally told me no to me writing them a 53k check and handing to it them is just pretty mind blowing.
It's bizarre, dealerships are actually not interested in cash sales anymore.
They get kickbacks on financing, and the financing is instantly figured out on the sales computer, so it's not extra work to do financing anymore.
It sucks, because MSRP is big profit, above MSRP is even more profit, and now they're seeking out buyers who finance for even more profit.

Every time I tell a dealership I'll be paying cash, the tone changes.

I try and work the deal whilst being unsure about what kind of financing I'll be using, and if the deal is good, I'll be like "hey, I've decided I'm just going to pay cash"

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
I'm just doing cash because I literally started hardcore saving back when the A-Z commercial came out and the car was first teased. I sold my nismo Sentra back to CarMax last July for 20k which was a 3k profit from buying it from the same place 3 years before. So between all that I've got about 55k cash I can allocate to this car

i wouldnt be opposed to financing some of it if it facilitated a deal but with interest rates tier 1 credit is like 6% or something. I'm just not interested in that if it can be avoided

In the middle of the pandemic we had to pay like $1.5k over for my wife's 2022 pathfinder but we got 2.9% for 72 months and financed the majority of it. That doesn't exist anymore.

Last edited:

LZ23

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
I'm just doing cash because I literally started hardcore saving back when the A-Z commercial came out and the car was first teased. I sold my nismo Sentra back to CarMax last July for 20k which was a 3k profit from buying it from the same place 3 years before. So between all that I've got about 55k cash I can allocate to this car

i wouldnt be opposed to financing some of it if it facilitated a deal but with interest rates tier 1 credit is like 6% or something. I'm just not interested in that if it can be avoided

In the middle of the pandemic we had to pay like $1.5k over for my wife's 2022 pathfinder but we got 2.9% for 72 months and financed the majority of it. That doesn't exist anymore.
Just finance the car and then pay out the loan a week later.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Just finance the car and then pay out the loan a week later.

yeah ive been thinking about that also especially if the transaction is with an out of state not in person dealership

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
What's the diiference
not much honestly just could be possibly easier/safer than wiring money or sending a cashier check to someone I was unfamilar with. also a little apprehensive about paying in full if Im having the car shipped long distance.

Ironically I was browsing one on cars.com and saw where one dealer had $1000 extra if not dealer financed

ttrtttt.jpg

Last edited:

Georges1

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1972 Datsun 240Z
Occupation
Safety Engineer
Fortunately, there are plenty of dealers who are not greedy. But the dealers that are certainly are ones I won’t do business with. They might make a good profit from a big mark up, but the bad references both in writing & by word of mouth will hurt sales of their other vehicles. I can live with a small mark up even if I don’t like it, but it will have to be very small.

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
  1. There is no prepayment penalty on secured installment loans.
  2. Dealers want you to finance with them so they can markup the Buy Rate so they and the bank share in the extra interest you'll pay. The dealer will not tell you the Buy Rate, obviously.
  3. Finance with Nissan at whatever rate they say. Then, wait a couple of weeks while the loan is booked and you're notified of your account number. Then, pay it off. The dealer will get a charge back for the extra interest, and you will have the last laugh.

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
This doesn't look good. From http://wtc-nmcc.com/pdf/sch_na.pdf.

Downloaded on 21 Feb

Screenshot_20230225-074720.png

Downloaded on 24 Feb

Screenshot_20230225-074807~2.png

Maybe these changes.
  • Vancouver 2/12 Clover is complete
  • Vancouver 3/3 Jupiter slipped to 3/6
  • Vancouver 3/12 Venus actually moved up to 3/9 (Yay!)
  • Vancouver 3/29 TBN slipped to 4/19
  • Vancouver 4/11 TBN slipped to 4/29
There's a new Vancouver 4/4, but it doesn't visit Yokohama, so probably no Zs.

There's a new Vancouver 5/12.

It really seems like finding Zs on the West Coast of North America is going to continue to be difficult.

I'm guessing nothing until May for SoCal. 🚫🚗

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I went on a pretty hard push this week on tracking down my Z. called and emailed on around 11 different Z's had my hopes up on a few but ultimately its a no go on all of them. what hurts the most is the one I had to turn down 30 mins away at MSRP because it was blue on blue. If by chance one of my 3 colors would have came off the truck I would have driven it home. super frustrated about another one in gun metal under 3 hours as its the right color and everything but they wont budge at $7500 over.

feeling pretty dejected over the whole situation.

z_ya_later

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Seiran Blue Nissan Z Sport
I went on a pretty hard push this week on tracking down my Z. called and emailed on around 11 different Z's had my hopes up on a few but ultimately its a no go on all of them. what hurts the most is the one I had to turn down 30 mins away at MSRP because it was blue on blue. If by chance one of my 3 colors would have came off the truck I would have driven it home. super frustrated about another one in gun metal under 3 hours as its the right color and everything but they wont budge at $7500 over.

feeling pretty dejected over the whole situation.
My current car was paid off last summer and I had every intention of getting the new Z. I called/visited a few dealerships last year near me and every one had crazy markups. Reading experiences like this still going on nearly a year later is really just depressing.

Jughead

First Name
Willie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
rogue, wrangler
Occupation
Sales Management
Only one bank I know of charges a pre-payment penalty - 1% of the balance. The Trick? Payoff everything but $10 and the pay 1% of that. Boom.

Saw someone post you gotta wait a few (3-6) months - BS. That's so the dealer doesn't get charged back the money the bank sends us to finance with them. Get that first bill and pay it!

When I know I am gonna have someone do that, I use one bank that pays a scant 2% of the amount finance and doesn't charge me back at all. That is a win/win. Ask about Grow Financial Credit union if you "have" to finance.

I am in a FB Z group as well, where I saw a salesman say, sure I will charge sticker, but at my rate and you have to buy warranty and this and that...FYI, that is illegal AF. No financing or purchase can be tied to ancillary products.

Last edited: