More allocations coming to US?

mac49

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Telluride, 23 Z
Where is the blue one? I have a deposit on a black one, but want a blue one.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I have a feeling we'll see some more Z's, with very early build dates, showing up soon.
Maybe we should start a thread tracking the build date and delivery dates?
I've seen quite a few Z's that were about 10 months old, be delivered just recently. And I've seen one Z made in December 2022.
Is Nissan sitting on a stockpile of these cars? If so, is it because of final parts and the transmission and front bumper issues?
I wonder how significant the stockpile may be? I hate how elusive Nissan is.
If it were Ford, we'd actually know how many vehicles are awaiting parts.

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
I have a feeling we'll see some more Z's, with very early build dates, showing up soon.
Maybe we should start a thread tracking the build date and delivery dates?
I've seen quite a few Z's that were about 10 months old, be delivered just recently. And I've seen one Z made in December 2022.
Is Nissan sitting on a stockpile of these cars? If so, is it because of final parts and the transmission and front bumper issues?
I wonder how significant the stockpile may be? I hate how elusive Nissan is.
If it were Ford, we'd actually know how many vehicles are awaiting parts.
I've been trying to keep my eyes on the VIN numbers for the north american units where I see them in photos to get a bit of an idea. Seems like all the early cars with 310000-310500~ seem to be the ones with the early 03-06 build dates. Those were the cars that turned out to be early allocations, and Canadian demo units. Also the most affected by the early stop sales. A few recent "deliveries" in the US I've seen the VIN as high as 31170~ So they have built quite a few them. But, yes it would be interesting to know for certain.

mac49

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Telluride, 23 Z
Dang, I’m looking for a manual, performance. I don’t hold out much hope that I’ll find a blue one with a very low adm before the black one shows up.

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
Found a black performance manual in Merced CA. They wanted 15K over, offered 5K over knowing it was doubtful they would take it. 10K over was their bottem line. I've had it with these greedy Nissan dealers, going to pull the trigger on a 2023 BMW M240i. Fantasic car for less money and at MSRP ordered to my exact specs.
The markups seem destructive in a lot of ways. The dealer will take longer to sell the car waiting for somebody who's willing to pay (that must cost them). Buyers are driven towards other cars that are more available, hurting Nissan's sales numbers. That M240i is on my list as well. No manual available, right?

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Found a black performance manual in Merced CA. They wanted 15K over, offered 5K over knowing it was doubtful they would take it. 10K over was their bottem line. I've had it with these greedy Nissan dealers, going to pull the trigger on a 2023 BMW M240i. Fantasic car for less money and at MSRP ordered to my exact specs.
That current Bimmer model is a great package! I was also contemplating it. Much better performance than the Z, better interior, utility. Plus at MSRP, why not! Good luck, share pics once delivered.

LZ23

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
That current Bimmer model is a great package! I was also contemplating it. Much better performance than the Z, better interior, utility. Plus at MSRP, why not! Good luck, share pics once delivered.
I'm doing the same thing, still no word on pre orders and if my car comes in late may or june I would not take it ,at that point it's basically a year old model with 2024's coming in october on.The 240 is so much better than the z except in styling.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
The markups seem destructive in a lot of ways. The dealer will take longer to sell the car waiting for somebody who's willing to pay (that must cost them). Buyers are driven towards other cars that are more available, hurting Nissan's sales numbers. That M240i is on my list as well. No manual available, right?
Unfortunately, that sound logic doesn't work in our current situation.

My local dealer sat on a Performance Z for $10k over for 2 weeks. On week 2 they called me and said they'd sell it to me for $5k over. I'm not the only one they called, and by the end of the day, +$5k got it sold.

Remember, even at MSRP dealerships make several thousand in profit, so add $5k above that, for sitting around 2 weeks? Hardly destructive to their sales model.

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
Flow Nissan of Statesville nc just left it's MSRP plus like a $699 protection package

Ask for Johnny

PXL_20230223_171751952.jpg
PXL_20230223_171810549.jpg
PXL_20230223_171817552.jpg

PXL_20230223_172448416.jpg
This dealer was the only one in NC that I spoke to late last year that was going to offer MSRP near Summer 2023 on new orders vs cars that were allocated to them. I'm going to hit them up later this year once they get some better inventory (6MT FTW!)

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
I've called on 11 different Z's in 36 hours. I did find a black that the dealer came down to 2500 over. but they are almost 800 miles away and I would have to get it shipped which is probably another $1k. Nothing else has been remotely close to reasonable.

The reason I just cant pay over besides the principle is when the NISMO is available I'm pretty sure I can sell this Z with super low miles for close to what I have in it. Anything over sticker would just be lost. Hoping the dealer takes my MSRP counter offer and I will just eat the shipping to get the exact car I want

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
I also like the ones that say family owned and you will always find the honest best price here blah blah and then they are like 15 over

The amount of dealers this week who have literally told me no to me writing them a 53k check and handing to it them is just pretty mind blowing.