Mazda RX-VISION Concept / New RX coming?

2JZ-No-Sh*t

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
I don't want to be the downer, but sometimes automakers file patents and we still never see anything in the showrooms.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
If this does happen I hope it's not the utter fucking disappointment that the RX-8 was. What a disastrous piece of shit that was.

White_turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
None
It is turning into another NSX type car in which rumors keep/updates keep coming up, and when the car finally comes out, is 10yrs later and all the excitement has waned.

Jdawg_89

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda 6, 335i
Occupation
Engineer
I've been browsing through the comments in this topic and Im quite surprised at the sheer vitriol towards the RX8? As a former owner of an '09 RX8 R3, I have to say it was an absolute pleasure to drive that car. The Renesis certainly had it's fare share of qualms, ( if anyone would knows, it's me lol?) but the rex was wonderfully sorted and balanced, had great roadfeel, great shifter and really rewarded you to ring out the rotary and explore it's handling limits. A true driver's car.

As far as low-powered, entry level sports car go, I think the new GR86 is the only car in this class that just marginally surpasses it for it's class. I test drove the RX8 against a 370z, FR-S and Genesis coupe and happily chose the rex. The car really had soul that I couldn't find in the other 3. Only thing I regret is having sold it, but it's really a shame it gets such a bad rep for how it compared to it's predecessor.

Metal

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mazda Rx-8
Occupation
Engineer - Telecom
I've been browsing through the comments in this topic and Im quite surprised at the sheer vitriol towards the RX8? As a former owner of an '09 RX8 R3, I have to say it was an absolute pleasure to drive that car. The Renesis certainly had it's fare share of qualms, ( if anyone would knows, it's me lol?) but the rex was wonderfully sorted and balanced, had great roadfeel, great shifter and really rewarded you to ring out the rotary and explore it's handling limits. A true driver's car.

As far as low-powered, entry level sports car go, I think the new GR86 is the only car in this class that just marginally surpasses it for it's class. I test drove the RX8 against a 370z, FR-S and Genesis coupe and happily chose the rex. The car really had soul that I couldn't find in the other 3. Only thing I regret is having sold it, but it's really a shame it gets such a bad rep for how it compared to it's predecessor.
Rx8's are naturals at the track too. My engine is probs gonna go soon and I think I'm gonna rebuild it cause I don't have the heart to sell it. Not the fastest car I've driven, but definitely the most fun.

supraboi

First Name
Vu
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GS300
https://bestcarweb.jp/feature/column/372484

In 2021, Mazda has applied for patents for rotary engines and new models that appear to be the new RX-9. Looking at the published trademarks, the main ones are the rear structure of the 2-door coupe, the space frame structure of the front part, the double wishbone suspension type, and the front midship engine structure.

Furthermore, it has been revealed that the logo that combines Rotary's R and e and three trademarks "e-SKYACTIV R-EV", "e-SKYACTIV R-HEV" and "e-SKYACTIV R-Energy" are registered. ..

Then, on January 17, 2021, a new application for information on the rotary hybrid was submitted, and it is explained with a figure. What was announced this time is a very detailed invention that suppresses the vibration of the drive unit having the engine and the motor to realize high kinetic performance and optimization of weight balance etc., but if you look at the text, the power unit is It turned out to be a rotary hybrid.

Mazda has already adopted the series hybrid system "e-SKYACTIV R-HEV" that uses a rotary engine sequentially from the MX-30, but Mazda's latest rotary engine "SKYACTIV-R" to be installed in the new RX-9 Is based on "RENESIS 16X)".

It was rumored that there were 3 or 4 rotors, but it is said that development is currently underway with 2 rotors. Although the displacement is the same as the RX-8 with 2 rotors, the displacement is expanded to 800cc x 2. It seems to be a unit that combines this with a supercharging system, and it is said that performance is more important than fuel efficiency.

The RX-VISION GT3 has been announced at 570ps, but the RX-9, which is a commercial vehicle, is expected to be around 500ps. It will be released in 2023. We will deliver the latest information as soon as it becomes available.

Captain_Kirk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
So, it’s official the RX is back?

NissanFreak2021

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti G37
Occupation
Accountant
If the RX does come back I would definitely be interested. Since they are pushing further up market now I would be interested to see the final product.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
And so the flame reignites. If they do finally bring an RX successor to market, I genuinely hope it:
1. Performs on par or better than the Z and Supra.
2. Remains faithful to the RX Vision in it's design, with a genuinely jaw-dropping production spec being as close as possible to the concept.

Mazda's tweaked design language in the forthcoming CX-60 has me a little concerned for #2 above.