Mazda RX-VISION Concept / New RX coming?

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
It's only been like 6 years now. I'm not holding my breath on this one.
What a shame. It looks like Mazda was serious this time around with the concept and test mules. I wonder if Covid was the final nail in the coffin for a new RX?
im tired of holding my breath on this one too...it is a shame because the rx8 was such a let down.
the rx7 was/is so legendary...i was kinda scared mazda might pull a bimyota and screw things up.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
The RX-VISION is just really stretched looking to me, even for a concept. Almost Batmobileish proportions. A production model version RX-7, RX-9, or whatever they might call it, would look a lot more tame. I'm sure I'd want one if it came to fruition.

1627604115838.png

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
...and?

and what kid (or big kid) doesnt like the batmobile?
I never said it was a bad thing :D Look at it though, the front end alone looks longer than the entire rest of the car from that angle.

There's room for at least this many rotors under there. Imagine the braps o_O

1627610985351.png

Last edited:

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
hopefully they move forward with the project.
i currently own 2 fd rx7s and hope to add a turbo ll fc as well.

i love the sound of the rotary and hope mazda can pull off a great looking, reliable rx? sports car.

when you look at this retro/revival movement in cars today, for the most part domestics ford, dodge and chebbie have done a great job.

as for jdm, lets look at the big 4...gtr, nsx, rx7 and supra.

imho the rx8 was a failure as was the new zupr4 (because not true jdm). the new nsx, while not as cool as the orig was still a pretty good car...too expensive for most.

nissan has done a better job than the others. the gtr has moved on to supercar killer status and though its larger and heavier than it's predecessors, it's a great car.

i personally love the looks of the r34 and r32 more. the refresh of the r35 is better, but the new r36, if it looks like the images i've seen, may really be a show-stopper.

nissan is on the right track with the new z as far as aesthetics go. if they come through with fair pricing, 400+hp tt, manual option and the baby gtr...they are gonna have a homerun on there hands.