Occupation
Software security
Last edited:

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Trouble for the Z šŸ˜©thatā€™s a direct competitor now, and I donā€™t doubt it will be quicker, very tuneable BMW mill.

Per R&T only the 3.0 gets the manual, with red hatch badging.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a39734860/manual-toyota-supra-official/
Why is it trouble?

It's not a Japanese car, I can see JDM-centric people choosing GR-FOUR over this just to have an actual, desirable TOYOTA.

And of course, not everyone is hung up on the Supra being a BMW..... Those that appreciate and like the Supra will have a great option! Great! Take some demand pressure off of the Z.

Have we forgotten we're still in a pandemic? If the Supra steals some of the Z's thunder, Nissan still won't be able to meet demand.

I only see the Supra 6mt as beneficial. And curious why Toyota specifically inferred that it made the new transmission. I mean, if the Supra finally gets some actual Toyota parts on it, I may consider it.

Hopefully the Supra 3.0MT is also available in the lowest trim, that and being a MT should knock a few thousand off of the price.

Competition is good, I hope there's enough Z's to meet demand, even if it means the Supra has to take some buyers away

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Another benefit for Z buyers: the increased competition for MT buyers this move by Toyota engenders should keep Nissan from getting too greedy with their Z pricing.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Another benefit for Z buyers: the increased competition for MT buyers this move by Toyota engenders should keep Nissan from getting too greedy in their Z pricing.
Yep there is a Facebook page called ā€œ The New Nissan Zā€ plenty of discussion around the Supra and buyers jumping because of price.
A couple of people on there claim to have deals with their dealer for no mark ups, thereā€™s a couple of dealers on there trying to also defend mark ups, whilst bashing other manufacturers and getting shot down in flames

There is however another guy on there that claims he works for Atlanta Nissan, who says that two dealers in Arizona were fined nearly 500k for advertising cars at MSRP but then proceeded to mark them up, and as a result his GM told him there would be no mark ups to keep the market competitiveā€¦and excecs backed it up

Now take all this with a grain of salt, itā€™s just on the Facebook page mentioned, so check it out if your interested yourself.

But what it does show is that even among dealers there is different informationā€¦and for my mind this is where Nissan is failing both dealer and consumer. All information needs to be clear and consistent across the board so that the buyer knows whatā€™s going on, and any dealer that goes against it be pulled up.
And Iā€™m not just talking about dealer mark ups ( trying to avoid opening that can again), Iā€™m talking about information as a whole per say, no matter which country you are purchasing in

Judging by these comments and the interest shown on this platform, Nissan are going to have a fight on their hands, if delivery is dragged out passed July or if they canā€™t control their dealers

forcer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E550
was waiting for MT supra since the beginning, and finally. will see the sales date and price comparison, that might be interesting

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
That was a thing of the past. I bet it will actually be more.
Manuals almost always are cheaper, if you can compare otherwise exact same trims.

We'll have to see if the Supra can be had in a base MT, that would be a lower MSRP. But, Toyota, who resales BMW's Supra, may only offer it in some high spec trim. Doubt it though.

Yasha

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Pending 2023 Z
Occupation
Software Engineer
Thats nice and all but it still has all them ugly fix vents :p
When I see the Supra's roof it looks like someone bashed its skull in...people trash the rear end but for me the roof is the absolute worst bit. I could live with the rest of the Supra's design, it's not half bad, but the roof is a solid deal breaker. When I saw the topless Supra concept it was instantly 10x better looking...even sexy dare I say.

Double bubble? More like double bruises.

ec15

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A few
When I see the Supra's roof it looks like someone bashed its skull in...people trash the rear end but for me the roof is the absolute worst bit. I could live with the rest of the Supra's design, it's not half bad, but the roof is a solid deal breaker. When I saw the topless Supra concept it was instantly 10x better looking...even sexy dare I say.

Double bubble? More like double bruises.

The roof/greenhouse is definitely the worse part. It's too tall and looks like its wearing a corset to make the hips look wide.
I mentioned it in this post.

https://www.nissanzclub.com/forum/t...-by-the-supra-instead-of-the-z.376/post-11719

Cmtremor

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 6.7 ram 2500, S14 silvia, 1uz 84" celica
Occupation
millwright
am I one of the few seriously considering cancelling my Z order and waiting for this now? I have been a Nissan Die hard for years but after owning a titan xd and seeing the support for that platform (or lack of) and already seeing issue's with nissans roll out of this car I am unsure if its even worth sticking with the brand

Metal

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mazda Rx-8
Occupation
Engineer - Telecom
am I one of the few seriously considering cancelling my Z order and waiting for this now? I have been a Nissan Die hard for years but after owning a titan xd and seeing the support for that platform (or lack of) and already seeing issue's with nissans roll out of this car I am unsure if its even worth sticking with the brand
You aren't.

A manual Supra is now my top choice for a new car instead of the Z. It all bakes down to reviews and how dealer allocations go, cause I've given my info to 3 Nissan dealers, and none of them had a "Deposit/allocation list". So if I cant order I'm SOL. Theres a Yota dealer a mile away from me that'll let me order anything I want for msrp.