Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
Time to sell it then
LOL. Nah..car is too good for what it does and tune is neexttttt...I'm itching for that ~450HP and 570TQ in AWD.

94boosted

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Camaro SS 1LE, BMW 340, Ford F150
Z vs Mk V, Wind buffeting, Lack of stick and N54 PTSD were the 3 main reasons to go Z......there is a fix for 2 outta 3 lol

With it being cheaper, the Z has to have a massive flaw or shortcoming at this point.....the only one I can think of off hand is the bang for buck mod wise. You'll be able to max out a stock snail Mk V for <1.5k and you'll have a solid, reliable(-ish) 500hp at the wheels, The Z isn't going to be nearly as cheap to get to those same numbers - based on what I've seen.......it's going to be about double (~3k-ish)
I hear you on the N54 PTSD, I had a 335 with the N54 and it was a nightmare, the B58 is a much better and far more reliable engine. I've got a 340i now with the B58 (and my name on the list for a '23 Supra 🤣)

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
I hear you on the N54 PTSD, I had a 335 with the N54 and it was a nightmare, the B58 is a much better and far more reliable engine. I've got a 340i now with the B58 (and my name on the list for a '23 Supra 🤣)
I must admit though......when that damned thing ran right......it was heaven

Great design, great color (Deep Sea Blue), sunny day, top down, beautiful wife in the passenger seat, inline 6 sound, turbos spooling, BOV chirping, exhaust burbling, good tunes blaring, kill tune on at all times in case someone wanted to FAAFO - I was in my happy place.

If BMWs were at least 1/2 assed reliable, I woulda never gotten rid of the Z4 w/ N54.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Holy crap those second hand car prices are outrageous
BMWs are known to break down often with high costs to fix after the warranty runs out. I’d be wary of a manual transmission that’s a hack up from multiple BMWs first run out

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dont ask
Occupation
Thread derailer
He mentioned in the video that the manual trans is an option. Imagine it's a 10k option like the upgrade from the base model z!

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Have to admit it looks pretty nice, but I’m not a fan of the screens just being stuck on the top of the dash
We've a new Toyota (Wifey's) with the screen that sticks up.

It's awesome. Firstly, it really doesn't "stick up" any higher than the back of the dash, a lot of people think it blocks the view. It definitely doesn't.
Secondly, it's a very convenient hand rest when trying to drive and enter touchscreen inputs. Since I like to minimize the distraction, I'll rest my hand on the top of the screen, get a general idea where to locate my touch, look back up at my driving, then recheck to make sure I touch the right spot and proceed to input. It's also nice on bumpy roads to steady your hand.

I wish my vehicles had this style of screen.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
We've a new Toyota (Wifey's) with the screen that sticks up.

It's awesome. Firstly, it really doesn't "stick up" any higher than the back of the dash, a lot of people think it blocks the view. It definitely doesn't.
Secondly, it's a very convenient hand rest when trying to drive and enter touchscreen inputs. Since I like to minimize the distraction, I'll rest my hand on the top of the screen, get a general idea where to locate my touch, look back up at my driving, then recheck to make sure I touch the right spot and proceed to input. It's also nice on bumpy roads to steady your hand.

I wish my vehicles had this style of screen.
My Peugeot had it …wasn’t a fan.
Didn’t get in the way agreed, just don’t like the way it looks visually