How to search for a Z

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
Not worthy of a new thread but recently (not sure when exactly) there has been a $100 price increase to the MSRP of the 2024 Z as well as a $55 Increase to destination charge
Interesting, i assume canada will go up by 500+ then

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Not worthy of a new thread but recently (not sure when exactly) there has been a $100 price increase to the MSRP of the 2024 Z as well as a $55 Increase to destination charge
Why would they do that?! The Z is not moving as it is, most other automakers are reducing MSRP nowadays. Plus more incentive for dealers to mark up more. Dumb move by Nissan.

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
Why would they do that?! The Z is not moving as it is, most other automakers are reducing MSRP nowadays. Plus more incentive for dealers to mark up more. Dumb move by Nissan.
Is the Z not moving tho? I thought they couldn't meet demand worldwide. I think the only reason some cars arent selling is because dealer markup, not msrp.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
its just an internal thing they commonly do. $100-$200 across the board mid model year happens a lot on nissans entire range. my guess its to offest some change in production costs? Now last march they did a $1K increase on all 2023 Z models which obviously had more of an impact. the rising destination is probably to offset fluctuations in fuel pricing and transport costs.

OP
OP
bpeckham

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
This update is a day late. Friday was a little busy for me.

Updated with data collected on March 9th (compared to March 1st).

Using the zip codes in this V2 area covered map here's a spreadsheet that shows the inventory within the circles (more or less):

Inventory Spreadsheet

The number of cars in the area covered held steady at 702.
  • removed: 63
  • added: 63
  • highest serial number: 363743 (up from 363551)

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I read a Japanese article today that talked about production being up and orders being cancelled which as alleviated the insane 5 year backlog of backorders to the point where Nissan Japan might accept new orders this summer for their domestic customers

their production last year was half ours but we are pushing 4K this year which is pretty high all things considered

TitanZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Titan SL 4x4 Midnight Edition
Car Edge shows around 1250 new/intransit Zs, still some new 2023s unsold. This is almost double what Car Edge was showing a few months ago so it just shows the Z's (along with many other brand's vehicles) are stacking up and will be lot-rotting until drastic full-spectrum economic factors improve to stimulate buying (expensive toys or not) in these times. Looking at Nissan's vehicle inventory locator you can see many of the dealers had taken the liberty of checking many of the options off when they ordered the 2024s, so instead of trying to keep the MSRPs down to the mandatory 3 options ($54,570) they decided to check off 4,5,6,7,8,9 options which if you look has pushed MSRPs up on a lot of the inventory as much as $2K, (MSRP for Boulder Gray with 9 options is $57,330 at Lee Nissan--they're then showing a $2246 dealer discount on Buy@Home but then will add in $649 doc fee plus whatever other fine print and financing terms in their favor).
I'll just go ahead and predict right now there will still be 1000+ Zs sitting at dealers when the 2025s roll out. Dealers are caught in the middle, they bought too high from the OEM, and in unstable unfavorable economic times now the buyers have stopped buying. In order for dealers to lower prices to an attractive price point for many, they almost have to lose money on every sale...so they are deer in headlights right now, hoping people will just buy at MSRP. I'll just keep waiting until after the 2025s come out and see how low the prices will go for the old-new 2024s. There should be no reason to feel sorry for the dealers as their record profits over the past few years should have been wisely invested and saved for this inevitable downtrend. They should have more than enough rainy day funds to pay their floor plan financing and employee salaries despite not selling many vehicles.

LZ23

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
Car Edge shows around 1250 new/intransit Zs, still some new 2023s unsold. This is almost double what Car Edge was showing a few months ago so it just shows the Z's (along with many other brand's vehicles) are stacking up and will be lot-rotting until drastic full-spectrum economic factors improve to stimulate buying (expensive toys or not) in these times. Looking at Nissan's vehicle inventory locator you can see many of the dealers had taken the liberty of checking many of the options off when they ordered the 2024s, so instead of trying to keep the MSRPs down to the mandatory 3 options ($54,570) they decided to check off 4,5,6,7,8,9 options which if you look has pushed MSRPs up on a lot of the inventory as much as $2K, (MSRP for Boulder Gray with 9 options is $57,330 at Lee Nissan--they're then showing a $2246 dealer discount on Buy@Home but then will add in $649 doc fee plus whatever other fine print and financing terms in their favor).
I'll just go ahead and predict right now there will still be 1000+ Zs sitting at dealers when the 2025s roll out. Dealers are caught in the middle, they bought too high from the OEM, and in unstable unfavorable economic times now the buyers have stopped buying. In order for dealers to lower prices to an attractive price point for many, they almost have to lose money on every sale...so they are deer in headlights right now, hoping people will just buy at MSRP. I'll just keep waiting until after the 2025s come out and see how low the prices will go for the old-new 2024s. There should be no reason to feel sorry for the dealers as their record profits over the past few years should have been wisely invested and saved for this inevitable downtrend. They should have more than enough rainy day funds to pay their floor plan financing and employee salaries despite not selling many vehicles.
There are only 108 or so cars in all of Canada for sale ,some 23 and the rest 24's so don't see prices going down much anytime soon.I just received info that my 24 performance will be in the next few days ,exactly 2 years after ordering.No mark ups but no deals just MSRP.Alot of dealers are still adding mark ups and options.Some dealers are even charging pre PDI inspection and then reg PDI.

OP
OP
bpeckham

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
There are still 4 2023s out there!

Updated with data collected on March 16th (compared to March 9th).

Using the zip codes in this V2 area covered map here's a spreadsheet that shows the inventory within the circles (more or less):

Inventory Spreadsheet

The number of cars in the area covered increased from 702 to 706 (+4 cars).
  • removed: 60
  • added: 64
  • highest serial number: 363743 (unchanged)

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
unchanged serial # might mean we are slowing down 2024 production.

OP
OP
bpeckham

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Collected this data yesterday, didn't get a chance to post it until today.

Just messing around with this a bit. My spec is Performance/6MT/Blue/Graphite. Filtering the sheet for this there are only 16 matches for 2023 model year (incomplete data), and only 22 matches for 2024 model year. I wonder how many of these 38 cars are owned by members of this forum.

Updated with data collected on March 22nd (compared to March 16th).

Inventory Spreadsheet

The number of cars in the area covered increased from 706 to 707 (+1 car).
  • removed: 37
  • added: 38
  • highest serial number: 363772 (up from 363743)

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Small increase In VINs we might not see 4000 after all. 2025 should be May or June ??

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If anyone is interested in a stealth gray NISMO or a black manual or a white manual for MSRP or maybe a little less let me know. Z are located in Ohio all 3 enroute to the dealer

update these are $2500 under msrp

Last edited:
OP
OP
bpeckham

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hi all, I've been doing a bit of research on the fact that my data collection method isn't catching all the cars that are out there. I jumped from six zip codes to twenty zip codes, and the number of cars found increased from around 700 to around 1200 (good news!), but the script takes a lot longer to run now.

It can be tweaked by adjusting the zip codes that are searched, but trying to dial in a good list of zip codes is going to be quite time consuming (one, to find which zip codes to use, and two, to run the collection process and make sure that it's giving good results).

Since Zs seem to be much more readily available now than they were in 2023, I'm going to end it here.

Good luck hunting for Zs!

PS: If there are any software types that know (or want to learn) selenium and python who want to keep this going, I'm happy to share the script and hand over the spreadsheet. DM me if interested.

bruce_c

First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z 2015 wrx 1967 gto 1928 pontiac
Thank your past efforts on this. I really appreciated it