bpeckham

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
Updated with data collected on February 16th (compared to February 9th).

Using the zip codes in this V2 area covered map here's a spreadsheet that shows the inventory within the circles (more or less):

Inventory Spreadsheet

The number of cars in the area covered increased from 649 to 689 (+40 cars)
  • removed: 54
  • added: 94
  • highest serial number: 363089 (up from 362910)

OP
OP
bpeckham

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
At the suggestion of one of our members, I modified the inventory spreadsheet to have a couple of new tabs. I've been collecting data since March 2023 (when I was really hunting for a Z), so inventory before that date isn't captured.

One of the new tabs is "All Cars", which is basically a single sheet that collects all the cars ever seen in inventory. You can get some interesting stats from this like:

year 2023 -> 797 (35.45%)​
year 2024 -> 1451 (64.55%)​

Performance is by far the most seen model:

model Nissan Z NISMO® -> 362 (16.10%)​
model Nissan Z Performance -> 1607 (71.49%)​
model Nissan Z Proto Spec -> 14 (0.62%)​
model Nissan Z Sport -> 265 (11.79%)​

#savethemanuals

trans 6-Speed Manual Transmission -> 823 (36.61%)​
trans 9-Speed Automatic Transmission -> 1425 (63.39%)​

Black is *the* color. Red is almost non-existent.

exterior Black Diamond Pearl -> 740 (32.92%)​
exterior Gun Metallic -> 471 (20.95%)​
exterior Rosewood Metallic -> 153 (6.81%)​
exterior Two-tone Boulder Gray Pearl / Super Black -> 77 (3.43%)​
exterior Two-tone Brilliant Silver Metallic / Super Black -> 87 (3.87%)​
exterior Two-tone Everest White TriCoat / Super Black -> 297 (13.21%)​
exterior Two-tone Ikazuchi Yellow TriCoat / Super Black -> 99 (4.40%)​
exterior Two-tone Passion Red TriCoat / Super Black -> 8 (0.36%)​
exterior Two-tone Seiran Blue TriCoat / Super Black -> 171 (7.61%)​
exterior Two-tone Stealth Gray / Super Black -> 145 (6.45%)​

Red is indeed a rare color with only 8 ever seen in inventory. However, If I filter for my spec (Performance, 6MT, Blue, Graphite), there are only 37 ever seen in inventory (2023 + 2024).

Another new tab is "All Changes". It seems like the attributes of a given car can change over time. So I crunched all this data as well. You can see that early on Nissan seemed to have trouble keeping track of the interior of a car. Later on, the only attributes that seem to change are the dealer and the MSRP.

OP
OP
bpeckham

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Okay. After generating the data, I've had a few minutes to absorb it. Nissan is on a run of Gun Metallic right now. From 362079 onward, there are 225 cars. 223 of them are Gun Metallic.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
thats really good info. very interested to see what that NISMO # rises too as my list shows so many more as orders or scheduled for production

OP
OP
bpeckham

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
thats really good info. very interested to see what that NISMO # rises too as my list shows so many more as orders or scheduled for production
More NISMO than Sport based on my limited data. The Sport is a tease, I think.

OP
OP
bpeckham

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Updated with data collected on February 23rd (compared to February 16th).

Using the zip codes in this V2 area covered map here's a spreadsheet that shows the inventory within the circles (more or less):

Inventory Spreadsheet

The number of cars in the area covered decreased from 689 to 681 (-8 cars)
  • removed: 40
  • added: 32
  • highest serial number: 363254 (up from 363089)

MacCool

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z, GMC2500HD (winter), others
Occupation
retired
I'm still kind of surprised at the ongoing difficulties with finding 2024 Z's....it must vary widely from region to region. When I decided to pull the trigger on a new Z back in September, I called my Nissan dealer (bought several cars from them) after noting that they had the exact Performance model I wanted listed, and listed at sticker price. They said it was arriving the following week. They made a tentative offer on my 370Z (above KBB), I sent them $1000, drove down there the following week (90 miles), made the trade and drove home. I'm almost embarrassed at how simple it was compared to the struggles others have faced in order to buy this car. My entire process was over two weeks and that was primarily because the car was on a truck somewhere on the way from California.

IMG_1429.png

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
I'm still kind of surprised at the ongoing difficulties with finding 2024 Z's....it must vary widely from region to region. When I decided to pull the trigger on a new Z back in September, I called my Nissan dealer (bought several cars from them) after noting that they had the exact Performance model I wanted listed, and listed at sticker price. They said it was arriving the following week. They made a tentative offer on my 370Z (above KBB), I sent them $1000, drove down there the following week (90 miles), made the trade and drove home. I'm almost embarrassed at how simple it was compared to the struggles others have faced in order to buy this car. My entire process was over two weeks and that was primarily because the car was on a truck somewhere on the way from California.

IMG_1429.png
In my experience (granted this was back in May of last year), it wasnt hard to find the actual cars, it was just EXTREMELY hard to get a dealer to sell for a price that makes sense.

I contacted what felt like 100 dealers and all of them wanted insane prices. Took months for me to find one willing to jump down near msrp so i bought it immediately.

Really hoping 2024 will make it easier for people to negotiate.

MacCool

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
retired
In my experience (granted this was back in May of last year), it wasnt hard to find the actual cars, it was just EXTREMELY hard to get a dealer to sell for a price that makes sense.

I contacted what felt like 100 dealers and all of them wanted insane prices. Took months for me to find one willing to jump down near msrp so i bought it immediately.

Really hoping 2024 will make it easier for people to negotiate.
Yeh. In my case, when I looked at the dealer's website, the price that they had listed was MSRP + scuffguard and lighted door sills. No BS "market adjustment". When I told them over the phone that I wanted to buy the car, we never had anything written down so I was at least a little relieved that the whole sale came off at MSRP as I'd hoped. This dealer is widely known to be very reputable and that's been my own experience with them as well, so I wasn't surprised, just relieved, that it was such a straightforward process.

Like I said...I'm sure it varies region to region. This was September/November, not typically RWD sports car-buying time of year in Minnesota so maybe that played a role in their desire to consummate the deal, but this is a big dealership that is also. I did note later that they sold my 370Z in a matter of 2 weeks, and then had two more 2024 Z's on the way, advertised at MSPR, a Performance 6MT (gray/graphite) and a Nismo (black/graphite.

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
Yeh. In my case, when I looked at the dealer's website, the price that they had listed was MSRP + scuffguard and lighted door sills. No BS "market adjustment". When I told them over the phone that I wanted to buy the car, we never had anything written down so I was at least a little relieved that the whole sale came off at MSRP as I'd hoped. This dealer is widely known to be very reputable and that's been my own experience with them as well, so I wasn't surprised, just relieved, that it was such a straightforward process.

Like I said...I'm sure it varies region to region. This was September/November, not typically RWD sports car-buying time of year in Minnesota so maybe that played a role in their desire to consummate the deal, but this is a big dealership that is also. I did note later that they sold my 370Z in a matter of 2 weeks, and then had two more 2024 Z's on the way, advertised at MSPR, a Performance 6MT (gray/graphite) and a Nismo (black/graphite.
Thats awesome, glad you could get your Z pain free. Really sucks there's still a black cloud hanging over this car due to dealers. I still see comments almost daily from non Z owners saying things like "too bad you cant actually buy one" lol.

MacCool

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
retired
Thats awesome, glad you could get your Z pain free. Really sucks there's still a black cloud hanging over this car due to dealers. I still see comments almost daily from non Z owners saying things like "too bad you cant actually buy one" lol.
Pain free. It illustrates the value of having an honest reliable dealer that realizes that striving for short-term profit at all costs is counterproductive. This dealer is 90 miles from me and I drive right past my local dealer, 10 miles away, to get there. That local dealership isn't scummy, just inattentive (and expensive). They do have a good service department and I do get all my service done there.

When I traded my first 370Z for my second in March 2014, the dealer and I made the deal over the phone. They wanted to finish the deal by the end of the quarter and I was going to drive down there to finish up, but a late March snowstorm made driving a RWD sports car with summer tires impossible. So they offered to deliver it 90 miles through the snow on a flatbed. They unloaded the new Z into the storage garage and loaded the trade-in Z. We did the deal in my kitchen and they drove it away. It was like ordering a pizza, except that they didn't even charge me for the delivery.

OP
OP
bpeckham

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Uh oh. The data collection scheme I use is based on six zip codes, and I can get only 120 cars per zip code for a maximum number of 720 cars. At 702, we're pushing that limit. I may need to add more zip codes to get good coverage. If you're looking for a Z, this is good news to hear. There are so many Zs now, that my data collection algorithm is about to need expansion.

Updated with data collected on March 1st (compared to February 23rd).

Inventory Spreadsheet

The number of cars in the area covered increased from 681 to 702 (+21 cars)
  • removed: 74
  • added: 95
  • highest serial number: 363551 (up from 363254)

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Uh oh. The data collection scheme I use is based on six zip codes, and I can get only 120 cars per zip code for a maximum number of 720 cars. At 702, we're pushing that limit. I may need to add more zip codes to get good coverage. If you're looking for a Z, this is good news to hear. There are so many Zs now, that my data collection algorithm is about to need expansion.

Updated with data collected on March 1st (compared to February 23rd).

Inventory Spreadsheet

The number of cars in the area covered increased from 681 to 702 (+21 cars)
  • removed: 74
  • added: 95
  • highest serial number: 363551 (up from 363254)

highest VIN up by 300. in a week? 2024 production should be slowing down soon

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not worthy of a new thread but recently (not sure when exactly) there has been a $100 price increase to the MSRP of the 2024 Z as well as a $55 Increase to destination charge

Last edited: