How to search for a Z

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
Found Nismo 586 listed with actual photos.. @MCN1SMO yours has to be on the road haha Looking at their facebook, it landed off the truck on Nov 3rd
1699294590470.png

Yeah and Danville VA isn't far from my dealer. Only possible difference is that car could have came in on a different ship. Newport News is a port there. Mine came in down in Georgia

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
Yeah and Danville VA isn't far from my dealer. Only possible difference is that car could have came in on a different ship. Newport News is a port there. Mine came in down in Georgia

just looked that car up it came in to brunswick GA so probably same boat

OP
OP
bpeckham

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
No spreadsheet update today. The script that generates it seems to be broken because the input format changed. Not sure when I'll get a chance to fix it.

TitanZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Titan SL 4x4 Midnight Edition
Recent observations and opinion from random potential Z buyer:
-Z market pricing is finally correcting downward, still some dealers not coming to grips with the reality of the market and their Z inventory will continue to collect dust until discounts are applied--pandemic mentality of MSRP being a "good deal" is gone. Market conditions will only continue to worsen and as inventory continues to sit unsold throughout 2024, leverage is back with the buyer, expect "invoice" pricing not MSRP pricing, or seller can "go pound sand".
-Most Sellers or flippers of 2023 pre-owned Zs are probably in the toughest spot right now because they may have overpaid and now there's so many NEW Zs available for $2K to $5K less than what average pre-owned pricing seems to be; Looking at Autorader you can see historical pricing for some pre-owned sellers that shows they've substantially reduced their prices and still nobody will buy; personally I'm not even considering a pre-owned 2023 Z unless it's my perfect desired spec, a CPO, and price will have to be less than $50K OTD.
-Numbers from AutoTrader today:
--354 used and new Zs for sale
--280 new; 38 2023s and 242 2024s (96 of the 242 are NISMO, so right now 40% of all new 2024s available are NISMOs, I'd expect a lot of these will go unsold for many months until priced below MSRP.)
--111 total manuals for sale (78 new--8 2023s and 70 2024s), 12 CPO, 11 non-CPO used
-Some dealers have been applying discounts of around $1600 to $1800 to new Zs since September; sometimes the discounts reflect on Autotrader, other times you won't find the discount until you visit the dealer's website and click the "Buy at Home" link to estimate payments (that screen will sometimes show the dealer's discount being applied below the MSRP).
-Using Autortrader, Dealers advertising discounts on NEW Zs below MSRP now:
--Route 10 Nissan NJ, 2023 Gun Auto advertised at $51,995 but dealer's website "Buy at Home" shows further discounting down to $51,196--priced this way since September
--Springfield Nissan MO, 2024 Black w/blue int Auto, $2036 discount, price listed $52,369
--Team Nissan NH, 2023 Blue Auto, $1635 discount, price listed at $52,865
--Kerry Nissan of Florence KY, 2023 Gun w/red int Auto, $1863 discount, price listed at $52,562
--Trophy Nissan TX, 2024 Black Auto, $1813 discount, price listed $52,612
--Tom Peacock Nissan TX, 2024 Black Auto w/red int Auto, $2563 discount, price listed $51,862
--Grubbs Nissan TX, 2024 Black Manual, $2562 discount, price listed $51,863

--And one of the last 2 coveted new 2023 Z Proto Spec advertised on Autotrader is even being discounted--Bob Seidle Nissan FL, 2023 Proto Auto, price is listed at $54,915 but when you visit dealer website and click on "Estimate Payments" it shows a $1867 dealer discount being applied to reduce the price listed to $53,048.

-I think seller desperation is starting to set in at many of these dealerships now. Personally I will continue to wait throughout 2024 and let the inventory pile up until I find exactly what I'm looking for.

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
Recent observations and opinion from random potential Z buyer:
-Z market pricing is finally correcting downward, still some dealers not coming to grips with the reality of the market and their Z inventory will continue to collect dust until discounts are applied--pandemic mentality of MSRP being a "good deal" is gone. Market conditions will only continue to worsen and as inventory continues to sit unsold throughout 2024, leverage is back with the buyer, expect "invoice" pricing not MSRP pricing, or seller can "go pound sand".
-Most Sellers or flippers of 2023 pre-owned Zs are probably in the toughest spot right now because they may have overpaid and now there's so many NEW Zs available for $2K to $5K less than what average pre-owned pricing seems to be; Looking at Autorader you can see historical pricing for some pre-owned sellers that shows they've substantially reduced their prices and still nobody will buy; personally I'm not even considering a pre-owned 2023 Z unless it's my perfect desired spec, a CPO, and price will have to be less than $50K OTD.
-Numbers from AutoTrader today:
--354 used and new Zs for sale
--280 new; 38 2023s and 242 2024s (96 of the 242 are NISMO, so right now 40% of all new 2024s available are NISMOs, I'd expect a lot of these will go unsold for many months until priced below MSRP.)
--111 total manuals for sale (78 new--8 2023s and 70 2024s), 12 CPO, 11 non-CPO used
-Some dealers have been applying discounts of around $1600 to $1800 to new Zs since September; sometimes the discounts reflect on Autotrader, other times you won't find the discount until you visit the dealer's website and click the "Buy at Home" link to estimate payments (that screen will sometimes show the dealer's discount being applied below the MSRP).
-Using Autortrader, Dealers advertising discounts on NEW Zs below MSRP now:
--Route 10 Nissan NJ, 2023 Gun Auto advertised at $51,995 but dealer's website "Buy at Home" shows further discounting down to $51,196--priced this way since September
--Springfield Nissan MO, 2024 Black w/blue int Auto, $2036 discount, price listed $52,369
--Team Nissan NH, 2023 Blue Auto, $1635 discount, price listed at $52,865
--Kerry Nissan of Florence KY, 2023 Gun w/red int Auto, $1863 discount, price listed at $52,562
--Trophy Nissan TX, 2024 Black Auto, $1813 discount, price listed $52,612
--Tom Peacock Nissan TX, 2024 Black Auto w/red int Auto, $2563 discount, price listed $51,862
--Grubbs Nissan TX, 2024 Black Manual, $2562 discount, price listed $51,863

--And one of the last 2 coveted new 2023 Z Proto Spec advertised on Autotrader is even being discounted--Bob Seidle Nissan FL, 2023 Proto Auto, price is listed at $54,915 but when you visit dealer website and click on "Estimate Payments" it shows a $1867 dealer discount being applied to reduce the price listed to $53,048.

-I think seller desperation is starting to set in at many of these dealerships now. Personally I will continue to wait throughout 2024 and let the inventory pile up until I find exactly what I'm looking for.
Totally agree with most of that. I think with the recent "flood" of inventory coming in for the 2024 MY, I think dealers are realizing.. hey.. we're getting 2-4 allocations for the Z, what's really the point of 5-10-20+ thousand dollar markups, and the bad press that's been coming with it. It looks really bad on them, and people are done with it.

I think the dealer "add-ons" will still apply in some cases, with some dealerships, such as dumb convenience packages, wheel locks, window etching and stuff. But, they're starting to shy away from the "market adjustments". And that's a good thing. At least people have a fighting chance now, and tell a dealer that they're uncomfortable paying for their add-ons, and they'll can check around with other dealerships that do not add those things. With more and more coming in, the dealerships really aren't holding onto anything super special, and you can just drive a bunch of miles to the next dealer who has a couple allocations, and see what they can offer. Sure, it'll still be a little difficult to find exactly the trim you want. But, they are coming!

I've seen some dealerships with 4 or 5 allocations for the Z listed in "transit", so you know they are coming. It's not like they're getting one car a year like the 23's

Finally maybe they'll be in the market of moving cars ?

TitanZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Titan SL 4x4 Midnight Edition
I really do feel like the tide has finally turned and leverage is on the buyer's side now to get the Z deal we want. Dealerships still listing ADMs and trying to play hardball with "we can't sell for below MSRP" pricing are just delusional at this point. Ofcourse some dealers don't want the good times to stop rolling so they'll be greedy stubborn for a while longer. It's just a matter of time until the floorplan interest chips away at their bottom line and they're forced to lower the price to sell it anyway. The smart dealers have already realized the pool of potential Z buyers is small and with horrible economic conditions it's even smaller, so this is why we're seeing so many new 2024s already being discounted as soon as they hit the dealers lot.
Even NISMOs have already been discounted Intransit: Back on 27 October I noticed Coggin Nissan on Atlantic in Florida listed 3 2024 Zs Intransit: a Gray NISMO with a $3312 dealer discount listed price was $65,188; and two Perfomance trims were listed with $2536 discounts bringing the listed prices to $50,767 and $51,862.
These disounts are effectively lowering the prices close to Invoice price, right, so the dealer is still making a quick profit and is not getting eaten alive by floorplan interest on an overpriced Z that'll just sit on the lot for the next 6 months.

goeagles11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z
I think the dealers know what's going on, a lot of people are getting offered 10% interest rates on cars now, effectively adding $10k+ to the cost of new cars. Which is causing them to back out of buying cars for now.

Some dealers are waiting hoping the Fed will cut rates back down, but the reality is rates are going to stay high for some time. They are going to need to sell at MSRP with additional discounts if they want to get rid of inventory.

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
I'd like a red, maybe orange, manual. I'll be waiting for a while.
So far what I have noticed is Passion red is not available in the USA for 2024. :( Canada for some reason has retained Passion Red. There's a red performance for sale a ways a way, and a few red nismos i've seen listed in inventories. It looks like we dropped Brilliant Silver and Rosewood in Canada, but some how were able to retain the Passion Red.

Hopefully they can bring it back to the market for the USA, maybe mid cycle. Passion Red is stunning

A new 2024 Passion Red that was just delivered in Quebec, Canada
1699902018651.png

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
So far what I have noticed is Passion red is not available in the USA for 2024. :( Canada for some reason has retained Passion Red. There's a red performance for sale a ways a way, and a few red nismos i've seen listed in inventories. It looks like we dropped Brilliant Silver and Rosewood in Canada, but some how were able to retain the Passion Red.

Hopefully they can bring it back to the market for the USA, maybe mid cycle. Passion Red is stunning

A new 2024 Passion Red that was just delivered in Quebec, Canada
1699902018651.png
Because canada will only get 10% of NA cars lol