Hands Up all the Aussies

Supremekai

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z
I hid the wires with the airbag. The ground wire is attached to somewhere near the hood handle.
IMG_4756.jpeg

IMG_4754.jpeg
I got the a piller off and routed the wires under it.
I don't see the metal part where you have your ground. I'm trying to take the fuse box trim off but don't know how to remove the plastic fastener above the dead pedal... So I can find/use a ground point behind the trim

Edit: finally installed. I used a plier to stick it between 2 of the 4 holes and twist counter clockwise and it came out.
20231111_171027.JPG

Last edited:

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
Fitted front and rear sway bars with new front and rear endlinks from Whiteline yesterday, haven't had a chance to drive yet to see the difference.
Got them through Fulcrum Suspension on a black Friday click and fit offer

Screenshot_20231114_185707_Messages.jpg

Screenshot_20231114_185659_Messages.jpg

Screenshot_20231114_185651_Messages.jpg

MattJ2020

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z
Occupation
Photographer
Pick mine up this Friday
IMG_8388.jpg

IMG_8387.jpg
Same color as mine! Love it… but I’ve got the black interior.

On another note, does anyone know how I could remove (in this example) the red interior parts that are red along the dashboard and gearbox area? Want them reupholstered in alcantara 😍

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
the red interior parts that are red along the dashboard and gearbox area? Want them reupholstered in alcantara 😍
I call these the knee pads, but I think they're referred to as "Console Finishers"
Steps 19 - 30 in this should get them off.

https://www.nissanzclub.com/forum/attachments/mc-10226134-0001-pdf.16297/

I don't think 19 - 24 are required, I don't think you need to remove the console / cup holder assembly. Pretty sure just removing the gear shift surround will be enough to give you access to the screws on the console finishers

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
I bought the Ottocast A2Air and Andriod Auto works great wirelessly, also paired it up with a wireless phone charger that fits in perfectly next to the USB outlets.
Hey @peter
Does this fit in the slot above the USBs? Got a pic of your set up?

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
  • Sad
Reactions: Mud

theboosh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
XV
Bummer! So far so good for mine but it definitely looks pretty generic/not expecting it to last forever.

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
Bummer! So far so good for mine but it definitely looks pretty generic/not expecting it to last forever.
I'm going to get a longer cable and tuck the ottocast behind the panel.
This one works great no drop outs connect straight away

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
i boughtone during black friday sales and ultimately returned it. It was laggy when switching music and it couldnt last 20mins in the car without disconnecting. It seems these issues are well known for these wireless things :(
I bought the Ottocast U2-X Pro and since setting it up right it’s worked almost perfectly. The good thing about this unit is the support for multiple phones and then turning auto connect off. When you start the car it’s just a case of selecting the previously connected phone you want to connect to - even if it’s only the one phone option. I have put the same unit in an Audi and a Hyundai and it works great in all of them. The Hyundai has wireless but the connection was super flakey. Using the ottocast wired in by USB and then wireless from there works near perfectly. Unit is small like the others pictured here.
IMG_3068.jpeg

Reactions: Mud