Hands Up all the Aussies

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Interesting read, I hope there's a shred of truth in it. Can you imagine, July?!
I know…it’s just round the corner
One would think if it’s July they would be either on a boat or preparing to get on a boat very soon, I think shipping is around is 6 weeks ( at least that is what google tells me)
I’m hopping it’s true, but at the same time trying not to get my hopes up in case it’s not.

After all when I ordered back in late March last year they first told me they would be here Dec last year, then Feb, then it pushed out to September ( at which point I started to get very cranky) then came back to July and now there is speculation about delays
Its certainly bern a test in patience which I’m willing to admit at times I’ve lost

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
It's brutal. My fussy JDM car needs 98 too. You reckon the Z will happily drink 95?

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
It's brutal. My fussy JDM car needs 98 too. You reckon the Z will happily drink 95?
Surely not!

I looked into it ages ago and from memory the higher the octane rating, the greater the detonation point is, or the fuels ability to resist detonation.

In turbocharged vehicles, such as Sam's, and my own z32, I was advised to always run the highest octane I could, and I'll be doing the same with the Z.

Thankfully, fuel price is not something I think about.

What vehicle are you currently putting 98 into mate? Surely you will do the same for the Z?

Freelancerb

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
Occupation
Fifo
Fuel prices in Tas are garbage atm too we fall into the everything costs more because your on an island category. Bullshit 😂

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
What vehicle are you currently putting 98 into mate? Surely you will do the same for the Z?
It's a Subaru Legacy from Japan, unfortunately it's tuned for their higher octane fuel, our (BP) 98 comes close enough to avoid pinging/detonation.

Gas in the US is typically a lower quality and octane rating than ours, so as the largest Z market I imagine the tune will be more than fine with our 95 octane.

Tdog87

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M140i
Gas in the US is typically a lower quality and octane rating than ours, so as the largest Z market I imagine the tune will be more than fine with our 95 octane.
Yeah, the highest we get at your standard petrol station is 93.
This is not correct at all as it is two different rating systems used between our two countries.

In Australia we use the Research Octance Number rating (RON) which generally goes 91, 95 and 98 Octane.

The US uses Anki-Knock Index rating (AKI) which generally goes 87, 91 93.

87 AKI = 91 RON
91 AKI = 95 RON
93 AKI = 98 RON

Also fuel quality in Australia is pretty crap especially amongst first world countries due to or high sulphur content in our fuels.

https://www.carsguide.com.au/car-ne...he-world-and-were-not-doing-anything-about-it

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
This is not correct at all as it is two different rating systems used between our two countries.

In Australia we use the Research Octance Number rating (RON) which generally goes 91, 95 and 98 Octane.

The US uses Anki-Knock Index rating (AKI) which generally goes 87, 91 93.

87 AKI = 91 RON
91 AKI = 95 RON
93 AKI = 98 RON

Also fuel quality in Australia is pretty crap especially amongst first world countries due to or high sulphur content in our fuels.

https://www.carsguide.com.au/car-ne...he-world-and-were-not-doing-anything-about-it
I stand corrected. Thanks for the explanation!

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Likewise, did some further reading, I didn't realise how poor our fuel quality is here.