Hands Up all the Aussies

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Yeah, when I seen a few posts from people reaching out and getting no where, I figured I'd give it a bit longer, but I'm imagining my dealer is simply chomping at the bit waiting with bated breath for me to get on the blower! šŸ˜…
pretty sureā€¦arenā€™t you at Osborne Park like meā€¦come on man, tag teamā€¦the more we hassle the more they will hassle AHG,
game face on from now on šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
pretty sureā€¦arenā€™t you at Osborne Park like meā€¦come on man, tag teamā€¦the more we hassle the more they will hassle AHG,
game face on from now on šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Ha, nah, im at midland nissan, I just picked the closest dealer to the eastern edge of Perth since I'm out here in the damned desert!

My sales guy honestly seemed great, but yeah, im sick of being polite. Squeaky wheel gets the grease after all šŸ˜‰

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
Capture.JPG

Personally I wouldn't go anywhere near this dealer. šŸ¤®
Just found them randomly while online the other week, they are in Victoria, just wanted the screen shot to leverage my two dealers about accessories

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
Just thinking about this further @peter
not sure that advertising ā€œorder now for July deliveryā€ is really above board.
I mean Iā€™m guessing that Nissan is gonna be stretched meeting all the orders they already haveā€¦only thing I can think of is is the dealer has ordered a spare ā€¦or if someone decides not to proceed ā€¦.but other than that Iā€™m guessing anyone ordering now, wonā€™t be getting one in July.
suppose I could be wrong
I did call these guys when I found the add and asked how could they be advertising delivery in July when people had pre-orders, the reply ws that they had three unfilled allocations.

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
ā€Žā€Ž Engineer
Just found them randomly while online the other week, they are in Victoria, just wanted the screen shot to leverage my two dealers about accessories
Unless they're throwing in some 3rd party crap, I have a sneaking suspicion that Nissan Australia are including some accessories with each car. I looked over the order details in their system today (on dealers screen) and there were no Z specific accessories listed whatsoever.

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
You are correct, they said they did not know what the accessory kit would consist of as the cars and parts were not in the system yet

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
ā€Žā€Ž Engineer
You are correct, they said they did not know what the accessory kit would consist of as the cars and parts were not in the system yet
They're offering a free pack of 'something' that doesn't exist yet for a '400z' July allocation that they're not even guaranteed. šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I did call these guys when I found the add and asked how could they be advertising delivery in July when people had pre-orders, the reply ws that they had three unfilled allocations.
Find that odd when allocations havenā€™t been given yet ( to my knowledge) unless they ordered 3 cars extraā€¦again I would find that oddā€¦. That would set alarm bells ringing
And as jezza saidā€¦free offer for accessories that are not in the system yetā€¦still wonā€™t stop me using it for leverage with my dealer though šŸ¤£

@jezzza so did your dealer actually have their allocations in the system as well?
or just what you can order??

Last edited:

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
ā€Žā€Ž Engineer
@jezzza so did your dealer actually have their allocations in the system as well?
or just what you can order??
From my understand the are no guaranteed allocation numbers, they can only speculate like us. They place orders and they just turn up when they turn up.

If this is incorrect I'd love to know.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
From my understand the are no guaranteed allocation numbers, they can only speculate like us. They place orders and they just turn up when they turn up.

If this is incorrect I'd love to know.
I have no clueā€¦just thought they would have to have some sort of allocation in they system even if itā€™s ordered, because they would need the VIN??
But I have no real clue, this is just whatā€™s in my head

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
ā€Žā€Ž Engineer
Iā€™ve never ordered a car before, at what stage are you provided a VIN? I see the Americans talk about it but wasnā€™t sure itā€™s relevant to us.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Iā€™ve never ordered a car before, at what stage are you provided a VIN? I see the Americans talk about it but wasnā€™t sure itā€™s relevant to us.
its a car identification number that is specific to each actual car made itā€™s usually on the contract, but Iā€™ve never ordered a car ..itā€™s always been In the dealers inventory, so they already had it.
Once you have a VIN it pretty much means your car has been allocated to you, is made, and is on its way in terms of shipping.
No VINs means the dealer doesnā€™t actually have any physical car to sell.
id think as soon as cars are made Dealers would have VINs even before they are shipped

EDIT VIN=Vehicle identification number

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
ā€Žā€Ž Engineer
as soon as cars are made Dealers would have VINs even before they are shipped
Excellent thanks, was hoping that was the case.

I know all about VINs on existing cars, I own a Japanese import, when trying to insure it or buy parts Iā€™m often told that it doesnā€™t exist.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Donā€™t know if you guys saw thisā€¦I ignored it at first because I watched their video version, but it has some very interesting pointsā€¦mainly ā€œimminent arrivalā€ and ā€œfirst shipments will include a mix of both proto and normal coupeā€ which is a relief as there were rumour of just the proto coming in first allocations
https://www.whichcar.com.au/news/2023-nissan-z-australian-pricing-revealed

Sam_AusZ32

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 JDM Fairlady Z32 TT, MT, 2+2
Donā€™t know if you guys saw thisā€¦I ignored it at first because I watched their video version, but it has some very interesting pointsā€¦mainly ā€œimminent arrivalā€ and ā€œfirst shipments will include a mix of both proto and normal coupeā€ which is a relief as there were rumour of just the proto coming in first allocations
https://www.whichcar.com.au/news/2023-nissan-z-australian-pricing-revealed
Interesting read, I hope there's a shred of truth in it. Can you imagine, July?!