Not open for further replies.

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster
i agree but canada has its own issues. currently dealers are getting around this in canada by allowing the manager to drive the truck a few hundred or thousand K and selling the truck as used. look at all the New frontiers in ontario and most are being sold with 900-1700km on them to get around the laws. they even send the truck to another sister dealer to be sold on their lot as used for a higher mark up.
I have taken your comments to heart and found a couple of examples of this in Ontario and Canada (posted here elsewhere). The task now remains to completely call out and name these dealerships and sales professionals (sic) and boycott them. Thankfully in Canada they will hopefully be the minority. But they need to unashamedly hear from us Canadian customers now so they know our loyalties will go elsewhere and they can be stuck with their superfluous addons while they try to con a few honest people into an illegal and rejigged ADM prohibited in Canada.

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster
I don’t see how this would affect you….you have signed a contract for a new car….therefore they can’t legally take it for a spin then mark up…again the contact is for new not used
I don't have a signed contract. Only a dealer allocation. I have the official order confirmed email (as opposed to reservation) but my dealer (who isn't adding on ADMs or addons) won't in good faith generate a contract without a VIN, MSRP price and delivery date. What would the contract be holding me to in effect? But you are right, no one would mess with an ordered car. Only a car that is in stock and sitting on the lot.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I don't have a signed contract. Only a dealer allocation. I have the official order confirmed email (as opposed to reservation) but my dealer (who isn't adding on ADMs or addons) won't in good faith generate a contract without a VIN, MSRP price and delivery date. What would the contract be holding me to in effect? But you are right, no one would mess with an ordered car. Only a car that is in stock and sitting on the lot.
I know I keep bringing up the Tundra, but in USA orders for Tundra take a long time to fill, and are probably not preferred by the dealership, however they are getting a surprising number of Tundras on the lot. I think they prefer the ones on the lot over the ordered ones as they can tack on add-ons. My local Toyota dealership has Tundras for rent.... wanna guess why? Because they become used. I looked on cars.com and there's more used 2022 Tundra than new.

These dealers suck, they've figured out 20 different ways to bend us over

OP
OP
McLovin157

McLovin157

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350Z Nismo
Occupation
Nissan Salesrep
Yeah wtf. McLovin you’re losing any credit you got. Keep in mind your cred started at negative being a salesman. The irony of your post. Unbelievable.
I am happy to state that working with me would be purchasing a Z at a maximum of 5k over MSRP. I don't own the dealership and thus I don't get to make executive decisions when it comes to pricing. I also encourage that if you find someone to work with who will see you a Z at MSRP to please do so. I can't. The dealer group had a meeting discussing the Z starting at a mark up of 10-15k with production numbers looking bleak.

I did not come in here promising the lowest price but I did promise honesty.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Hate to be devil's advocate here, but if not for the mark-ups, how else could limited supply be distributed to the demand?
First come, first serve? People would unfairly game the system somehow then flip the cars.

Skin color? Well guess what? I'm Rachael Dolezal's brother "Talcum-X"

Gender identity? I'll be "gender fluid" for a Z!

Political party? Eh, I don't need a Z that badly!

Fight? I'm bringing my Glock....

Seriously, 20 cars, 100 buyers.... how do we settle it?

Last edited:
OP
OP
McLovin157

McLovin157

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350Z Nismo
Occupation
Nissan Salesrep
Hate to be devil's advocate here, but if not for the mark-ups, how else could limited supply be distributed to the demand?
First come, first serve? People would unfairly game the system somehow then flip the cars.

Skin color? Well guess what? I'm Rachael Dolezal's brother

That happened with the C8 Corvette, Supra, PS5, any heavy duty pick up, and really trucks in general from February to August of 2021 specifically. The number of people who bought trucks at (insert amount) in 2019-2020 and sold/traded them for 4-10k more than what they bought it for was insane.

OP
OP
McLovin157

McLovin157

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350Z Nismo
Occupation
Nissan Salesrep

Though I am still in favor of a gladiator arena with wooden swords to determine who will get the first allotments.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Look, at this point, Nissan unable to produce barely enough Z for all dealers, not to mention outside of the USA, I would rather Nissan hold out UNTIL there IS enough production numbers for customers to have choices on trim, color, options across all or most dealerships. Plus avoids crazy flipping tactics.

With such low initial production, why not do what Rivian did, only sell to employees at first, who are willing to give feedback on issues, improvements, driveability, etc. and let it also be a marketing tool while being driven around. This way, once initial 'bugs' have been addressed, fixes can be applied to mass production before released to dealers and consumers.

OP
OP
McLovin157

McLovin157

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350Z Nismo
Occupation
Nissan Salesrep
Look, at this point, Nissan unable to produce barely enough Z for all dealers, not to mention outside of the USA, I would rather Nissan hold out UNTIL there IS enough production numbers for customers to have choices on trim, color, options across all or most dealerships. Plus avoids crazy flipping tactics.

With such low initial production, why not do what Rivian did, only sell to employees at first, who are willing to give feedback on issues, improvements, driveability, etc. and let it also be a marketing tool while being driven around. This way, once initial 'bugs' have been addressed, fixes can be applied to mass production before released to dealers and consumers.
Nissan has pretty much trapped themselves in the situation they are in. They have been teasing the car sense August of last year and people are getting impatient. If the car is delayed for 6+ months all of the marketing and excitement built around the car will just about die off. Then even after 6 months of production I still don't believe they could fill every order that would be placed. Nissan like every other manufacturer can't keep up with high volume consumer models let alone low production sports cars.

I mean if you order a Pathfinder right now you might get it by Christmas. Rogues are 2-6 months and even Sentras are 1-3 months.

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Especially here in the USA, where so much comes down to money, I always figured the initial Zs were going mostly to the big spenders. That's just the way of this society.

And that's why I've been so focused on Nissan planned output and production capacity. Because that will help determine the length time required, to burn through the big spenders. Whether it will be half a year, a year, or perhaps years.

I use Ford Bronco as a model, where limited production capacity has basically extended the big spender "burn through" period much longer than I had hoped. What a mess that has become.

It will be interesting to see how the combination of Z consumer demand, Nissan planned output, Nissan max capacity (and willingness to go there), and external constraints ... impact Z availability and prices.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20

My point of view for what it’s worth.
Raffle them, like the civic Rs are being done in Aus.
Limit one per buyer.
The few that still get flipped, well at least the money is going to different people rather than to all the one place

Last edited:

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20

perhaps this is what they will do, but instead of servicing staff they are serving small markets like Aus and Canada fist…markets they can meet the demand in?

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
My point of view for what it’s worth.
Raffle them, like the civic Rs are being done in Aus.
Limit one per buyer.
The few that still get flipped, well at least the money is going to different people rather than to all the one place
So people who disproportionately benefit from good luck can enjoy the privilege of getting a Z? Because I can assure you, I have horrible luck and am quite certain I'd never win those raffles.

Status
Not open for further replies.