• Total voters

2JZ-No-Sh*t

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
I like the Supra , it looks pretty sexy - especially modded. But it just has way too much going on, as far as body lines go. Really seems over-styled. I can see how people say the Z looks plain and boring compared to the Supra. But for me personally , I like the looks of the Z better . It is a simpler , smoother , beautiful design.

The Supra could be considered a weird looking supermodel , and the Z could be considered the beautiful girl next door.

Screenshot 2022-05-13 191456.jpg
My biggest issue with the J29 is the fake vent on the door. It looks so cheesy and out of place.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
To me they're both distinctly styled, I like them both, hits different senses - visceral and heritage. How's that for being politically correct?:D

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
I wish the Z kept the red reflector in the diffuser aka rain light..aka f1 brake light...it looked really good on the 370z and also looks good on the Supra..

MZGA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z
I actually like the rear and hips of the J29. I just hate the door. It's like the designers just got lazy and stuck on a boomerang-shaped trim peice on the door and called it a day.
That’s exactly what they did. I’m wondering who the heck within Toyota actually thought that looked good. 🤮

2JZ-No-Sh*t

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
That’s exactly what they did. I’m wondering who the heck within Toyota actually thought that looked good. 🤮
The design was forced upon them because everyone loved the FT1 so much... but I still think there were better ways to approach the rear brake vents:

18889920356_c3963cc2ed_b-png.png

higherroof-png.png

xeqqxq7-png.png

Or no fake vents at all.

fpxgxlk-png.png

fwjp0mb-png.png

NJZGuy

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Nissan 370Z
Occupation
IT Technical Support
Do you buy a car for nicer seats?
Considering that all the time you spend driving a car is IN a seat, then they should look and feel good. I prefer a comfortable, racing-style bucket seat and had Sparcos in my 350Z.

That's my preference and I'm sticking to it.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
Considering that all the time you spend driving a car is IN a seat, then they should look and feel good. I prefer a comfortable, racing-style bucket seat and had Sparcos in my 350Z.

That's my preference and I'm sticking to it.
All the reviewers are aging the new Z has a very nice seat and comfortable.

NJZGuy

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Nissan 370Z
Occupation
IT Technical Support
All the reviewers are aging the new Z has a very nice seat and comfortable.
They do look a little better than the ones in the 370Z (which is what I currently have). I will wait for the NISMO Edition of the new Z which will have more overall performance, and Recaro seats that are comfortable and racier.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
Occupation
Engineer
I own a Supra and the car is a beast. The B58 power plant with the ZF-8 is plenty for any type of enthusiast driving. A downpipe and flex fuel tune turns it into a rocket.

I also want a new Performance Z manual. It will be a great addition to my garage. Its good to have variety in life… food, women/men and cars.

It will be a good day when I can get my hands on a new Z.

-RJM

Lvckv69

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 911
They say the Z is the poor version of a Porsche, well, I own a '16 911 with only 48k miles and I would like to add the new Z to my garage to replace my deeply missed 370z. The new Z will be a project car btw.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
They say the Z is the poor version of a Porsche, well, I own a '16 911 with only 48k miles and I would like to add the new Z to my garage to replace my deeply missed 370z. The new Z will be a project car btw.
Curious, this isn't the first time I've heard someone refer to the Z as the poor man's 911. Back in the day, it was certainly the poor man's E Type (I mean the styling clearly heavily "influenced" by the E Type), but I don't know where the connection between the 911 and Z originated from.

rocksandblues

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GL450, m3, e90, GLC300, Zupra, C280
Occupation
taco bell
Curious, this isn't the first time I've heard someone refer to the Z as the poor man's 911. Back in the day, it was certainly the poor man's E Type (I mean the styling clearly heavily "influenced" by the E Type), but I don't know where the connection between the 911 and Z originated from.
because it is not. A poor man’s Porsche is a Boxster