• Nissan Z

Votes: 77 74.8%

• Total voters

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
Is the Supra overpriced: Yes - because it’s a BMW.

Jokes aside, If I’m being honest I do think the Supra is slightly overpriced - but not with respect to performance (the B58, ZF, chassis) are all pretty good value for the MSRP price IMHO, excluding ADM of course.

The main reason I think it’s overpriced is since the interior is recycled BMW parts from the prior generations so when I traded in my 2015 4 series for the 2022 Supra… the interior was basically identical. Interior is fine enough for me, but for some folks $60k on a F series interior that has been around for nearly a decade is a hard sell.
If the current Supra lives up to the MK4, I think it's priced right. I remember back in the day, the 1998 Supra having a starting price of $31K (~55K in 2022), people said it was priced too high, but people have changed their mind today when buying a used 1998 Supra w/ a Getrag V160--they are willing to pay excessive amt of money for them.

BraveDemon

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Toyota Supra; 19 Audi TT-RS; 15 GLA45 AMG
The Supra is way overpriced for a 385hp car.
It is overpriced but not way overpriced. Aside from American muscle, I can’t think of any current new sports cars offering 400 hp (the 385hp figure is underrated) under the price of the Supra - except for this Z, which is why I’m so excited for it.

The Z def seems like better value for performance for sure right now. Hoping the pricing stays under the Supra so I can actually bring one home.

Drseckzytime

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stuff
The 3.0 6-spd Premium Supra should be $50k because of the recycled (but still quality) interior and that outdated infotainment system... It can't support Android Auto, come on.

I don't think the Supra looks bad, it's very eye catching in design. But it doesn't look like a supra.

In fact, Toyota knows this, and decided to rub it in everyone's faces and make a Targa topped, big wing, MKIV taillight Supra. And finally give it a proper transmission, probably because the M240i is supposed to get a RWD manual version in the near future. That means they're taking BMWs transmission, or codeveloped one with them to split costs. BMW knows people want a manual M240i.

My issues with Supra outside the vents and that door section especially, are the roofline for people over 6', cramped interior, and no android auto. Not to mention the cars chassis IS designed to be topless via the Z4, thus Toyota could have easily made it a Targa top. They gave a manual trans finally, but refuse to fix that booming wind buffering, and you pay over a $100 for a ok looking fix, or $20 for cheap rubber from Amazon and cut it to fit in place. And of course, no cool wing and taillights.

B58 is a fantastic motor.

The Z looks infinitely cooler though, like a 90's retro car with 70's retro touches lol. But I feel it will let people down in pricing and performance. A Camaro SS 1LE will probably dismantle the Z in performance and ride quality, the Supra will win in performance and interior quality, and the M240i will be a better GT car than the Z due to its ride, interior, and performance.

Z is in a tough spot outside of those brand attached, or just buying on looks.

Lvckv69

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 911
It is overpriced but not way overpriced. Aside from American muscle, I can’t think of any current new sports cars offering 400 hp (the 385hp figure is underrated) under the price of the Supra - except for this Z, which is why I’m so excited for it.

The Z def seems like better value for performance for sure right now. Hoping the pricing stays under the Supra so I can actually bring one home.
I already own a '16 911 GTS, but if I had to choose between a new Supra and a used Corvette, I would choose the Corvette. Used vettes are in the $50ks btw

BraveDemon

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I already own a '16 911 GTS, but if I had to choose between a new Supra and a used Corvette, I would choose the Corvette. Used vettes are in the $50ks btw
That’s an awesome ride you have. Maybe one day I’ll get to drive a Porsche.

Yeah, I guess if we are talking used cars, there are better cars than the Supra at it’s MSRP price. I’ll admit that.

I park next to a blue C7 everyday at work (former managing partners car) and my father has a white C7 Z06. I appreciate vettes, but was never into them.
24791614-39D4-4CE0-9C2C-D8BF9FB297BC.jpeg

Z hope

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura
Occupation
Retired
I like the Supra, but I'm loving the Z! 😁
Me to. BUT I can’t even fit in the Supra . I was disappointed I’m 6’2” 210 lbs and there is no F ing way I could make it work . I never have felt so claustrophobic in a car before. I ”think” I’ll be ok in the Z . I sure hope so.

Z hope

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura
Occupation
Retired
Damn, yall should be referees for the NFL with how blind yall are.. the Z has the rear end of a 90's car, same chassis from a 370z from 2009, front of a 70's car, and the grille of a USB-A port... we're already at USB-C. This design is aging quicker than bananas left on a table for a week.
Good thing is we have choices. Some people like apples some oranges.

Lvckv69

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 911
That’s an awesome ride you have. Maybe one day I’ll get to drive a Porsche.

Yeah, I guess if we are talking used cars, there are better cars than the Supra at it’s MSRP price. I’ll admit that.

I park next to a blue C7 everyday at work (former managing partners car) and my father has a white C7 Z06. I appreciate vettes, but was never into them.
Nice. I love that color with a black roof top. Im surprised you haven't gone with a more aggressive spoiler for your Supra. The majority of the Supra's I've seen in Miami have this spoiler:

1652462890856.png

Ive always been a Corvette guy. Specially the ZR1. And no, im not old. I'm 29 lol. If i had to choose between a GTR or a ZR1, I would go with the ZR1 in a heartbeat. Maybe one day I will own one if I ever get a raise as a finance analyst lol.

BraveDemon

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
@Lvckv69 - Vettes are a completely different level of performance than a Supra and Z. Great cars with great heritage and the LS engine is an absolute monster.

And yeah, I like the Streethunter wing but heard fitment is a problem sometimes. That and I’ll be 40 soon so went with a more conservative spoiler with paint match.

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
The Z looks infinitely cooler though, like a 90's retro car with 70's retro touches lol. But I feel it will let people down in pricing and performance. A Camaro SS 1LE will probably dismantle the Z in performance and ride quality, the Supra will win in performance and interior quality, and the M240i will be a better GT car than the Z due to its ride, interior, and performance.
I can't disagree with any of this, but for me it comes down to two things.

1. Nostalgia having previously owned and loved a 280Z
2. Most importantly, JDM reliability. I'm planning on this being my forever car so I don't want the typical BMW issues at 50K+ miles.

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
There's a brief piece in today's local newspaper about the Toyota distributor officially announcing that the manual Supra will be released here (some stage this year, like the new Z) and they asked the newspaper's car reviewers whether they preferred the new Z or the Supra ... two of the three preferred the new Z.

NiZmonium

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 G37 6MT
I like the Supra , it looks pretty sexy - especially modded. But it just has way too much going on, as far as body lines go. Really seems over-styled. I can see how people say the Z looks plain and boring compared to the Supra. But for me personally , I like the looks of the Z better . It is a simpler , smoother , beautiful design.

The Supra could be considered a weird looking supermodel , and the Z could be considered the beautiful girl next door.

Screenshot 2022-05-13 191456.jpg

2017370ZBlack

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z 6MT & 2015 Xterra Pro-4X
I like the Supra , it looks pretty sexy - especially modded. But it just has way too much going on, as far as body lines go. Really seems over-styled. I can see how people say the Z looks plain and boring compared to the Supra. But for me personally , I like the looks of the Z better . It is a simpler , smoother , beautiful design.

The Supra could be considered a weird looking supermodel , and the Z could be considered the beautiful girl next door.

Screenshot 2022-05-13 191456.jpg
This car looks like trash, I'm sorry. Being over 50, I would feel like an idiot going on a date in the Supra. It looks like it was designed for 15-year olds who can't even drive. The only decent color is black, which hides the weird lines. Hate the duckbill on the back also. It's a shame since the B58 engine is BMW's best and now it will be available with a manual.