First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
You obviously are not an engineer. Totally changing their production process is incredibly complex and would take time to ramp up and get the bugs out. Also, the Z is not Priority 1 at Nissan. The Ariya is, and that vehicle is made at Tochigi as well. The Ariya won't be in the US until late this year and availability will be low. Between the chip shortage, COVID, and supplier issues, the auto industry is in a world of hurt right now.
All the articles I've seen about the new production line at Tochigi mention the Ariya, with nary a mention of the Z. All the articles say is the new production line can make EV and ICE cars on the same line at the same time. To me, that just confirms that the Ariya is the number 1 priority.

OP
OP
takemorepills

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
China is going to attack Taiwan as the west shows no resolve over Russia. Sorry to be touching on global politics, but it's a well known fact that China is seriously considering using major conflict and lack of resolve as their chance.

When they get attacked, we definitely won't be getting ANY cars from Japan, and the chip shortage will get far worse with Taiwan and shipping in that area going offline.

Then, after everything settles down and Taiwan is a ruinous wasteland unable to manufacturer chips, time will have marched on leaving the Z irrelevant once manufacturing could get back to "normal"

tractng

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 RDX, 2016 Miata
Occupation
Systems Admin
Will be picking up another Miata (2022 Soul Red) tomorrow. Sold a 2016 ND which I owned 5.5 years about 6 months ago (longest car I kept). I will revisit the new Z in a few years (hopefully it will be discounted then). Owned 3 generations of Z (1988, 1994, 2004, 2005). Happy motoring1

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Will be picking up another Miata (2022 Soul Red) tomorrow. Sold a 2016 ND which I owned 5.5 years about 6 months ago (longest car I kept). I will revisit the new Z in a few years (hopefully it will be discounted then). Owned 3 generations of Z (1988, 1994, 2004, 2005). Happy motoring1
good for you...
there's been several of us here who went a different direction. the z is still on my radar for the future, but probably not for the launch if this new deal goes through for me.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I contacted my Mazda dealer, wait for a soul red in manual her in Aus is 5 months.
Now I’m in a pickle, do I pull the trigger and wait till August for it to arrive? Or do I trust in Nissan that we will get delivery this year…it’s a predicament

COOL Z

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Si
I have lost interest as well. Way too much dicking around. I started looking at the gas cap. Hmmm ... It is kinda out of place. Then I started looking at ... This and that. There are not many of us left who actually WANT a two door automobile instead of some fatt SUV that can't turn. It's a terrible shame but ... I am taking my purchase in another direction.

ZZ2022

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2008 R35 GTR
I have lost interest as well. Way too much dicking around. I started looking at the gas cap. Hmmm ... It is kinda out of place. Then I started looking at ... This and that. There are not many of us left who actually WANT a two door automobile instead of some fatt SUV that can't turn. It's a terrible shame but ... I am taking my purchase in another direction.
Totally understandable

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Speaking of Taiwan and the color red, I just got this red made in Taiwan rolling tool chest. Hey, I can't get any of the new vehicles I want, at least I can be happy about this. :) (Hopefully someday I'll use it when working on a new Z.)

US-GeneralRollingToolBox.jpg

OP
OP
takemorepills

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Speaking of Taiwan and the color red, I just got this red made in Taiwan rolling tool chest. Hey, I can't get any of the new vehicles I want, at least I can be happy about this. :) (Hopefully someday I'll use it when working on a new Z.)

US-GeneralRollingToolBox.jpg
I've got the bigger blue one, but it is made in China. Are you sure it's Taiwan? That'd be awesome if HF is switching away from China. Taiwan stuff is really good.

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
I've got the bigger blue one, but it is made in China. Are you sure it's Taiwan? That'd be awesome if HF is switching away from China. Taiwan stuff is really good.
Yep it says Made In Taiwan on the box. The quality seems nice.

I'm not the most organized guy, and my tools were previously scattered around the garage in various locations and smaller tool boxes. Just finished collecting them into the new rolling cabinet. So much easier now to quickly find a particular tool.

HFcabinetMadeInTaiwan.jpg

BurninateZ

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'92 MR2 Turbo, '19 508 GT, '23 Supra GT Manual
What pushed you towards another Miata? I see a few around, and really like the styling / low weight ethos.

2017370ZBlack

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z 6MT & 2015 Xterra Pro-4X
Good luck!

Even buyers of a Ford Maverick are waiting until 2023.

Here's an update a Porsche buyer got after the ship sank in the Atlantic, taking 4,000 cars with it. Obviously a screwup, but hilarious:

screen_shot_2022_02_19_at_8_28_42_am_1e54ef7fb27b1ff2b88c1ff597a06eaaaa26a2e7.png

2017370ZBlack

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z 6MT & 2015 Xterra Pro-4X
China is going to attack Taiwan as the west shows no resolve over Russia. Sorry to be touching on global politics, but it's a well known fact that China is seriously considering using major conflict and lack of resolve as their chance.

When they get attacked, we definitely won't be getting ANY cars from Japan, and the chip shortage will get far worse with Taiwan and shipping in that area going offline.

Then, after everything settles down and Taiwan is a ruinous wasteland unable to manufacturer chips, time will have marched on leaving the Z irrelevant once manufacturing could get back to "normal"
Can't wait to see if China gets "cancelled" like Russia has been.