Complaint about the Z release

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
BothnCanada and Australia have now been told June…I know I joked about it earlier…but what if the smaller markets actually do get serviced earlier, because the lower level of stock is easier to, produce?

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
BothnCanada and Australia have now been told June…I know I joked about it earlier…but what if the smaller markets actually do get serviced earlier, because the lower level of stock is easier to, produce?
My guess probably region based due to different road requirements n such also that 8 inch screen on protospec/performance trim. My dealer told me june also when i preordered in January

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Nothing but love for our neighbors to the north and y'all down under, but I think I can speak for all Americans on here when I say we'd lose our minds, lol.

If I ran things, everyone would receive at the same time—or at the very least, within the same month. I realize that's probably impossible for a multitude of reasons, but the US is above and beyond the biggest market for Nissan, so it'd be baffling if it worked out that way.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Nothing but love for our neighbors to the north and y'all down under, but I think I can speak for all Americans on here when I say we'd lose our minds, lol.

If I ran things, everyone would receive at the same time—or at the very least, within the same month. I realize that's probably impossible for a multitude of reasons, but the US is above and beyond the biggest market for Nissan, so it'd be baffling if it worked out that way.
I agree, but just lately there is not much that makes sense in this world

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
I agree, but just lately there is not much that makes sense in this world
Touché. I would say we need a countdown banner at the top of the forum until March 21. Something like X DAYS, Y HOURS, Z MINUTES (heck, seconds too if we want) UNTIL "SPRING 2022" but I feel like that would just toy with our emotions even more

Drseckzytime

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stuff
Well it would be a bold move, and let's see how it would work out for them releasing the model car that was originally designed for and still primarily targeted to the US buyers which is their largest market lol.

But hey. If Nissan prefers I take my money elsewhere, I'll oblige.

It's crazy though we are this far into 2022 and now spring which this car is supposed to go on sale, and here we are, completely and utterly in the dark.

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Ford initially started out promising with their Bronco offering. I can't fault Ford for the vehicle itself, because they came through and offered a real life open top rugged 4x4. But then it kind of fell apart with the delivery.

And it's the delivery which will make or break the Z for me. In particular, how long will the initial burn-through of big spenders and connected persons getting first dib Zs last? And what happens to the Z price during that time, before regular buyers can reasonably get the vehicle?

That's the part that jumped the shark with Bronco, as some wait times are becoming years, and prices have been going up, with a $2000 price increase last week. If I'm sitting here in 2023 looking at a late year or 2024 deliver for a Z, and with price increases in the thousands implemented, that would not be a good thing. Man I hope the Z does not slide sideways into that Bronco scenario. :(

LeatherWings

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA & ND Miata | Xterra | Honda 919 | Honda Grom
I owned an NA (97) back in the day, and would do it again in a heartbeat. Remains my favorite car to this day, set the bar so high for others.

Car was such a treat to drive—hyper focused on the driver experience behind the wheel, not to mention so easy to work on the rare times it needed anything. I tried to sit in a ND2 recently and could probably fit if I did what I did to my NA (bolt seat to floor, QR + smaller diameter steering wheel). Would probably just try the rail trick first to see, since the cabin definitely felt a little more spacious.

All of this makes me think I'd probably be happy with a GR—with a little boost it down the road—but I've always wanted a Z so I'm seeing this through.
I test drove an ND2 and was really into it, even though I didn't get to take it on any twisty roads. I dig the whole philosophy behind the Miata. There's something very appealing about the lightweight simplicity of it all, and I really get a kick out of how you just undo the soft top latch, throw it behind you and BOOM, top down and ready to go!

I've also thought about picking up an NA to tool around in while impatiently waiting for the Z... I feel like I owe it to myself to drive one, but those used NA prices are not cheap.

There's a Mazda dealer in SoCal that's pledging no dealer markups... I may give them a call to see how legit it is.

1646880400350.png

I'm willing to wait and see how the situation with the Z pans out, but everyone's got a breaking point...

Last edited:

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
I test drove an ND2 and was really into it, even though I didn't get to take it on any twisty roads. I dig the whole philosophy behind the Miata. There's something very appealing about the lightweight simplicity of it all, and I really get a kick out of how you just undo the soft top latch, throw it behind you and BOOM, top down and ready to go!

I've also thought about picking up an NA to tool around in while impatiently waiting for the Z... I feel like I owe it to myself to drive one, but those used NA prices are not cheap.

There's a Mazda dealer in SoCal that's pledging no dealer markups... I may give them a call to see how legit it is.

1646880400350.png

I'm willing to wait and see how the situation with the Z pans out, but everyone's got a breaking point...
What are NAs going for these days? I haven’t looked in a minute, but doesn’t surprise me they’re holding value. They’re great cars.

Interesting to see at that Mazda dealer, too. How’s their inventory? See if you can slip the sales guy some cash or buy them lunch, get an extended test drive and head up to the Angeles Crest Highway. Bet it would be a blast and a half.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20

1646880400350.png

In a time where you guys aren’t being told that mark ups for the Z are inevitable….this could well be a tipping point as to what you will buy.

And this is why I say, Nissan in the US have gotta sort this out…it’s not good for anyone except for the dealer, and in the long run, it’s not even good for them

LeatherWings

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
What are NAs going for these days? I haven’t looked in a minute, but doesn’t surprise me they’re holding value. They’re great cars.
Seems to run the gamut, but most listings I see are from $7-10k for one in good, running condition with no issues.

Interesting to see at that Mazda dealer, too. How’s their inventory? See if you can slip the sales guy some cash or buy them lunch, get an extended test drive and head up to the Angeles Crest Highway. Bet it would be a blast and a half.
They only have Grand Touring MX-5s at the moment, most of which are the RF model. I'd want the Club in a soft top. But taking any of 'em for a spin on ACH does sound super nice!

I've been watching reviews of the 2022 and they seem to be quite favorable for the new KPC (Kinematic Posture Control) feature. Noticeably reduces the excessive body roll that stock NDs are known for.

Last edited:

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Seems to run the gamut, but most listings I see are from $7-10k for one in good, running condition with no issues.

They only have Grand Touring MX-5s at the moment, most of which are the RF model. I'd want the Club in a soft top. But taking any of 'em for a spin on ACH does sound super nice!

I've been watching reviews of the 2022 and they seem to be quite favorable for the new KPC (Kinematic Posture Control) feature. Noticeably reduces the excessive body roll that stock NDs are known for.
NAs are great, but that's still a decent chunk of change. Good for folks getting them at that rate, though.

And Yeah, don't blame you re: Club—I feel like the Miata is the last kind of a car you want all the bells and whistles on. Keep It Simple, Stupid and all that.

Agreed on KPC, too, seems to be a great factory fix versus having to slap in Koni Yellows or some other aftermarket solution. Love that Mazda worked to address a known issue in a mid-cycle refresh. Now I'm half tempted to at least try to take one for a test spin, just to see how much they've advanced since my 97.

LeatherWings

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
And Yeah, don't blame you re: Club—I feel like the Miata is the last kind of a car you want all the bells and whistles on. Keep It Simple, Stupid and all that.
Just got off the phone with a Mazda dealer in 'The Valley' (and much closer to me than San Juan Capistrano). The Miata Club is online build-to-order only, and they estimate up to 10 weeks for delivery - possibly sooner if Mazda is already building one out to the same or similar spec/features. And MSRP is the price I would pay. No additional markups. Just tax, reg, and destination.

Hmmmm. I think a '22 Miata just might be in my not-too-distant future...

1646936313859.png

I already started hot-rodding one in Gran Turismo 7...

1646936391120.png

1646936466732.png

I'm going for the juxtaposition of a hyper-masculine and aggro image of the Punisher skull on this curvy little fun car. ??

Oh, I forgot. I'm gonna try and see if the Costco auto discount program would apply to this car.

Last edited: