Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 VW GTI 2d
Occupation
Database Programmer
I’m fine with getting sight unseen.
live driven stacks of sports cars in the past, after the initial 30 min, find myself quite at home in all, from Honda, to Lotus, to Peugeot, Miatas…I’ve never felt uncomfortable yet, actually that’s a lie. The one car I found no enjoyment from after test driving last week was the mini, no Idea why…just wasn’t fun

Im not going to the track, it’s for pure enjoyment on my daily rides, and take it up into the hills or into winery territory for a nice weekend out.
Perhaps if I was tracking it, I would think differently …but I won’t be
Worst case, sit on it for 6 months and sell it at a huge profit. Unless you've been talking to the same guy that I have. In which case you should just back out now. Not worth the risk :p

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Just got off the phone with a Mazda dealer in 'The Valley' (and much closer to me than San Juan Capistrano). The Miata Club is online build-to-order only, and they estimate up to 10 weeks for delivery - possibly sooner if Mazda is already building one out to the same or similar spec/features. And MSRP is the price I would pay. No additional markups. Just tax, reg, and destination.

Hmmmm. I think a '22 Miata just might be in my not-too-distant future...

1646936313859.png

I already started hot-rodding one in Gran Turismo 7...

1646936391120.png

1646936466732.png

I'm going for the juxtaposition of a hyper-masculine and aggro image of the Punisher skull on this curvy little fun car. ??

Oh, I forgot. I'm gonna try and see if the Costco auto discount program would apply to this car.
Hey, I'm a big dude (6'6") so you can only imagine the looks I got in mine. Especially when I had a fellow dude riding pax. Did either of us care? Nope, because a) top always down, b) music always up and c) it was a blast to drive or ride in.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I was tempted by the MX-5 but dealer in Aus said it’s around a 5-6 month wait on them ( same built to your specifications) so puts the arrival at the same time as the Z, so I’m going to wait it out
The Elise was also very tempting, but as a second hand sale I have to reregister in my state and take it over the pits…if anything is wrong or illegally modded it won’t get registered till it’s fixed, and on a Lotus that could be expensive…plus nowhere to put my shopping ?

LeatherWings

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA & ND Miata | Xterra | Honda 919 | Honda Grom
I was tempted by the MX-5 but dealer in Aus said it’s around a 5-6 month wait on them ( same built to your specifications) so puts the arrival at the same time as the Z, so I’m going to wait it out
Yeah, at the very least, I will wait a little longer until we have a more clear picture of what's going on with the official Z rollout before I make a decision.

And so the waiting game continues..... ?

Orion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Crappy Chevy
Other than huge markups...if the Z will be a chore to attain, I'm definitely looking elsewhere. I need a car by summer time. There's plenty other places that i can go to. Maybe revisit the Z down the line.

LeatherWings

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA & ND Miata | Xterra | Honda 919 | Honda Grom
Other than huge markups...if the Z will be a chore to attain, I'm definitely looking elsewhere. I need a car by summer time. There's plenty other places that i can go to. Maybe revisit the Z down the line.
That's the direction I'm leaning towards as well. I can order a Miata right now with zero markups and ETA is 10 weeks. The Z...? Who da fook knows?!

I can always come back to the Z later on if I'm so inclined. The issue is I know that if I get a Miata I will become attached and won't wanna part with it, lol.

Orion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Crappy Chevy
The agony of waiting for the Z in the USA: waiting to find out exactly how much more waiting we need to do!
Yup that's exactly what this is. Look at Acura and the Integra for example. Yes I know no one here is getting that car(lol!!) but at least they know how to release a car. They announced not too long ago, they have deposits placed and will be in dealers by spring. Nissan? I guess this is like rocket science to them.

OP
OP
takemorepills

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Yup that's exactly what this is. Look at Acura and the Integra for example. Yes I know no one here is getting that car(lol!!) but at least they know how to release a car. They announced not too long ago, they have deposits placed and will be in dealers by spring. Nissan? I guess this is like rocket science to them.
The Tundra release was quicker too.

Nissan must be channeling it's inner Elon Musk.......

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A couple
Hey, cut Nissan some slack. They're not accustomed to high demand beyond the GTR.