Complaint about the Z release

RicerX

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Titan Pro4X
Its ashame.. i was so keen on a new Z but i got sick of waiting. Life is too short to be waiting two years for a car. I couldnt wait and had to buy something else. The hype build up was good but it has taken too long to deliver
If you really wanted a Z, you would have waited. You didn't "need" to buy something else. People need daily drivers. No one "has" to buy a toy car.

OP
OP
takemorepills

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Y'all need to chill for a sec and breathe.

Sep 2020 was a prototype, not a production preview. Aug 2021 was the production debut. It's been four months since the production debut. You're acting like it was shown to us at the Gettysburg Address.

Production spec car with 6 months turnaround time. Two different automakers working on it. Checks out.

Production spec car based on a volume platform. ~6 months turnaround time. Checks out.

Highly doubtful, as production only started two days ago. Production-spec Tundra was officially revealed in September. The only Tundras in "private ownership" right now are media demos. Also, it's a volume seller in the largest and most profitable market segment in the North American automotive industry. Not a good example.

We won't see the TRD Pro, whose production version was initially teased/leaked by Toyota on purpose in June 2021, anytime before Q2 2022 according to Toyota themselves. That will be nearly a full year from production debut to on the lots.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a38424796/2022-toyota-tundra-production-start/

This is coordination of production assets and manufacturing timelines that have zero to do with marketing. Both cars are coming out of the Tochigi plant. They only have so many people to allocate to assembly line prep and revisions, especially in a market that's not only seeing supply chain issues but manufacturing labor issues. The Z is lagging behind the Ariya launch because they need to button up initial production requirements for the Ariya before they can move onto that phase of the effort for the Z as I understand it. I may be wrong...

Many of us have been waiting for this car since 2014. I can make it a couple more months. If you just want a new toy, go rock it out.

During the pandemic, Nissan has launched the following:
- Full revision to the Pathfinder
- Full revision to the Infiniti QX-60
- Full revision to the Frontier
- Brand new Ariya product
- Midcycle revision to the Armada
- Midcycle revision to the QX-80
- Midcycle revision to the Titan
- Full revision to the Z

Neither Honda nor Subaru even build as many products as Nissan has launches. Toyota has only launched two or three new products in that time.

Take a dump on Nissan here if you want, but the pandemic has affected them far worse than any of the other automakers, IMHO. They were in a tough spot before the pandemic came down with regards to upper management turmoil and financial issues, much less the timing of revising their entire product portfolio all going down while the world was upended.

I'm happy to get a new Z, and I can wait just a bit longer. Key to understand the bigger picture here.
Salty!

z_ya_later

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Seiran Blue Nissan Z Sport
I completely understand the desire to have the new Z out now. It does feel like the Proto reveal was ages ago. But as it's been stated, Nissan is launching an ambitious number of new and revised models in a relatively short time period during a global pandemic that is still affecting the supply chain today (try finding the new Playstation or Xbox anywhere) while they've also struggled through financial hardships and management turnover to put it mildly.

And let's remember: the Z will be a low-volume car and will not comprise a major share of Nissan's sales volume nor is it key to their future EV road map although the Ariya is.

I wish the Z was out already too but once we get it next year, we won't even remember the wait.

OP
OP
takemorepills

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Got to remember this is a 2023 model for all you impatient people….
It started off as a MY2022.

The official reveal was when it began being referred to as MY2023.

Main point, if Nissan is intentionally delaying it to have Ariya released first, that would seriously suck.

If it's just too difficult for Nissan to make the Z, and has nothing to do with the Ariya, then that's much more understandable.

zeeder

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'13 370Z ST 6MT
You can't hold Nissan to rumors about release date. There has only been one official release data and that is spring of 2022 as a 2023 model, unless I've missed something the past couple months. Anything before that is you putting expectations on Nissan from rumors and online "experts" (leakers). The rumors of a new Z have been floating around the ether for well over 5 years.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Y'all need to chill for a sec and breathe.

Sep 2020 was a prototype, not a production preview. Aug 2021 was the production debut. It's been four months since the production debut. You're acting like it was shown to us at the Gettysburg Address.

Production spec car with 6 months turnaround time. Two different automakers working on it. Checks out.

Production spec car based on a volume platform. ~6 months turnaround time. Checks out.

Highly doubtful, as production only started two days ago. Production-spec Tundra was officially revealed in September. The only Tundras in "private ownership" right now are media demos. Also, it's a volume seller in the largest and most profitable market segment in the North American automotive industry. Not a good example.

We won't see the TRD Pro, whose production version was initially teased/leaked by Toyota on purpose in June 2021, anytime before Q2 2022 according to Toyota themselves. That will be nearly a full year from production debut to on the lots.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a38424796/2022-toyota-tundra-production-start/

This is coordination of production assets and manufacturing timelines that have zero to do with marketing. Both cars are coming out of the Tochigi plant. They only have so many people to allocate to assembly line prep and revisions, especially in a market that's not only seeing supply chain issues but manufacturing labor issues. The Z is lagging behind the Ariya launch because they need to button up initial production requirements for the Ariya before they can move onto that phase of the effort for the Z as I understand it. I may be wrong...

Many of us have been waiting for this car since 2014. I can make it a couple more months. If you just want a new toy, go rock it out.

During the pandemic, Nissan has launched the following:
- Full revision to the Pathfinder
- Full revision to the Infiniti QX-60
- Full revision to the Frontier
- Brand new Ariya product
- Midcycle revision to the Armada
- Midcycle revision to the QX-80
- Midcycle revision to the Titan
- Full revision to the Z

Neither Honda nor Subaru even build as many products as Nissan has launches. Toyota has only launched two or three new products in that time.

Take a dump on Nissan here if you want, but the pandemic has affected them far worse than any of the other automakers, IMHO. They were in a tough spot before the pandemic came down with regards to upper management turmoil and financial issues, much less the timing of revising their entire product portfolio all going down while the world was upended.

I'm happy to get a new Z, and I can wait just a bit longer. Key to understand the bigger picture here.
All good points….but would it kill them to give us a price, firm date and details like weight.
If they are already producing ( and it seems they are) surely some details could be released.
I know even the majority of dealers were expecting more details by November…but it’s crickets.

It’s hard to stay positive when nothing new about the car is being released

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
If you really wanted a Z, you would have waited. You didn't "need" to buy something else. People need daily drivers. No one "has" to buy a toy car.
Actually as people have said….for a lot of us, this will be our daily drive
I take offence to you saying people are buying it as a “toy”
No, I can only afford one car, a daily drive ….and yes I need one

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Actually as people have said….for a lot of us, this will be our daily drive
I take offence to you saying people are buying it as a “toy”
No, I can only afford one car, a daily drive ….and yes I need one
Better half and I are fortunate enough to be able to afford two cars, but right now we share one (I work from home, so not as much of an issue but it does suck sometimes. First world problem, I know)

Anyway, yeah, it's not as much as complaining about timeline as it is absolute silence about...well, anything since August. Like I mentioned in a previous post, if it wasn't for the collective lot of us covering so much ground in terms of searching for updates, we'd have nothing. Dealers have nothing, outside of a beautiful-yet-minimally-detailed brochure. Kind of wild, really. Surely SOME things have been confirmed in the past several months. Throw us a tidbit here or there to satiate us and continue to build excitement.

Brickyard

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 QX50 '13 Escalade Platinum '03 350 Z Touring
Brie Larson gonna be Pitchin' the Z in a Super Bowl Spot Dec 13th . . .
Told ya so ahead of the official 12/6 official press release . . .

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Brie Larson gonna be Pitchin' the Z in a Super Bowl Spot Dec 13th . . .
Told ya so ahead of the official 12/6 official press release . . .
Where did you find the official press release date? If that’s true then no one is getting a Z in May