Complaint about the Z release

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
^ Hate to burst your bubble but there are absolutely no substantive changes to the 2022MY Miatas, details are already out - one new interior and one new exterior colour, that's it. More here:
https://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=737326&page=1
Bummer…but throw a girl a bone…there is 40 pages here, can you narrow it down for me? I read the first three pages, but nothing solid in them, read the last page nothing there…then I gave up ?

Edit, just read the latest updates will be revealed on the 16th of December ….could be some hope yet

Last edited:

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
The Rivian is definitely delivering before the new Z. Heck, the Lucid Air is delivering before the new Z.

I'll just say it again, I really think there are some stubborn people at Nissan HQ that insist the Ariya comes before the Z.

The new Z is the exact same development arc as the 86 twins. Upgraded corporate engine, new sheet metal, new interior, existing platform. What's the hold up? Gotta be the Ariya :mad:
I agree….they have at least 9 Zs floating around.
That means they are manufacturing, coz I doubt they would hand build 9
Soooo, if they are making them, why are they not shipping them?

At least you guys are ahead of us, Nissan Australia is now giving us August as the delivery month

Brickyard

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 QX50 '13 Escalade Platinum '03 350 Z Touring
So the Guys at Larry Tate's Ad Agency collaborated with Don Draper for the upcoming Campaign

maxresdefault.jpg

With the " Get In " Concept used for the Orange Sentra . . .

A Retro Z themed Storyboard with Brie Larson sets the table . . .

Nissan_Brie_Larson_Commercial.jpg

Once again potential Nissan Z buyers are prompted to . . .

brie-larson-drop-the-taco.gif

The Thematic Elements are still in the creative stages . . .

Last edited:

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Yeah it's getting pretty sad now. What I really don't understand is how they don't have cars in automotive journalists hands yet. At this rate I doubt the car will even come out in the Spring. My money is on them pushing back to early-mid Summer.
Per my local dealer, they said possible Fall deliveries, supply chain blah blah blah.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
I’m at a big dealer rn and a sales guy said they’ve still heard nothing, don’t even have the brochures. Going to ask someone else just in case, because I see the vertical banner promoting the Z inside, so maybe he hasn’t seen them yet.

This is insane.

EDIT: asked another rep and they had brochures in the back. I’m not trying to read into this too much, but they had a whole display of brochures on floor for other models and Z wasn’t there. The vertical banner was also kind of tucked away behind the others too. Tells how confident they are about promoting it.

Still said they’ve heard nothing. Said something along the lines of “they’re keeping us in suspense as much as possible, just like you guys asking about it”, which like cool if it was anything else that hasn’t been announced for…years at this point? Could tell he’s pretty frustrated about the way it’s been handled as well.

Last edited:

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Bummer…but throw a girl a bone…there is 40 pages here, can you narrow it down for me? I read the first three pages, but nothing solid in them, read the last page nothing there…then I gave up ?

Edit, just read the latest updates will be revealed on the 16th of December ….could be some hope yet
It's in the last 4 or 5 pages of the thread, a few folks already have 2022 orders in and have seen the details on dealer screens. The "reveal" will be the launch of a new tan leather colour and a new grey paint lol.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
If they reveal it on Dec 7th, that would not be a good day.....

Local airshow this past weekend
1638802533594.png

Last edited:

tractng

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 RDX, 2016 Miata
Occupation
Systems Admin
Agreeing with the OP. I have lost interest. Sold my 2016 Miata (most loved vehicle and longest car owned) in June so I can purchase the Z. This is from a guy that owned 3 generations of Zs (1988, 1994, 2004 coupe & 2005 roadster). I might just jump ship and buy an ND2 Miata. Nissan is taking too long on the car.

TT

Orion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Crappy Chevy

Wow just wow. That's basically more than full 2 years since the new Z was introduced!! At that rate I would go else where....unless you really really really want the Z. That's ridiculous.

ZZ2022

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2008 R35 GTR
Its ashame.. i was so keen on a new Z but i got sick of waiting. Life is too short to be waiting two years for a car. I couldnt wait and had to buy something else. The hype build up was good but it has taken too long to deliver

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Sorry an Australian term…to throw someone a bone.
meaning: give some one a clue where to look ?
Lol I know what throwing someone a bone is. But still... phrasing, Lana.

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
Nissan has no money to produce these new cars as quickly as volume Manufacturers like Toyota and Honda. Just shitty timing overall with the pandemic affecting all the supply chains, cutting their already razor thin margins. Only two choices we have..suck it up and wait for the car and then wait even longer to pickup without the markup, or just get something else for time being and then come back in a year or so after the early adopters have identified the shortcomings...:/

RicerX

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Titan Pro4X
Y'all need to chill for a sec and breathe.

Sep 2020 was a prototype, not a production preview. Aug 2021 was the production debut. It's been four months since the production debut. You're acting like it was shown to us at the Gettysburg Address.

86 Twins...teased, given to auto journalists and then on sale in a very short time, what 6 months total? People are now driving around in 2022 86's, which I believe the Z was teased a good bit before the 86 was.
Production spec car with 6 months turnaround time. Two different automakers working on it. Checks out.

Civic Si, no, I don't like the Si and I hate to bring this one up, but... the Si also went from tease to at the dealer lots in less than 6 months. Although, being based on a mass-produced Civic, it's not that impressive, like the 86 twins are. But still......
Production spec car based on a volume platform. ~6 months turnaround time. Checks out.

New Toyota Tundra....again, teased around same time as the new Z. Now some have trickled out into private ownership.
Highly doubtful, as production only started two days ago. Production-spec Tundra was officially revealed in September. The only Tundras in "private ownership" right now are media demos. Also, it's a volume seller in the largest and most profitable market segment in the North American automotive industry. Not a good example.

We won't see the TRD Pro, whose production version was initially teased/leaked by Toyota on purpose in June 2021, anytime before Q2 2022 according to Toyota themselves. That will be nearly a full year from production debut to on the lots.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a38424796/2022-toyota-tundra-production-start/

I seriously think Nissan is holding up Z's for the Ariya, because before pandemic the plan was "A-Z" with Z being last. However, pandemic makes a vehicle like the Ariya very difficult to bring to full production, and if Nissan is stubborn about "Z" being after "A", our new Z is being needlessly delayed for a flawed marketing tactic.
This is coordination of production assets and manufacturing timelines that have zero to do with marketing. Both cars are coming out of the Tochigi plant. They only have so many people to allocate to assembly line prep and revisions, especially in a market that's not only seeing supply chain issues but manufacturing labor issues. The Z is lagging behind the Ariya launch because they need to button up initial production requirements for the Ariya before they can move onto that phase of the effort for the Z as I understand it. I may be wrong...

As it sits, I am way excited about the chance to acquire an exceptional icon of Japanese performance. Now, Toyota is teasing the GR-Four Corolla, and honestly with a turbo 3 and AWD in a freaking "Corolla" it too is a "Japanese performance icon". It is not wrong-wheel drive, it is unique, and more importantly it may be available for sale well before the Z.

Maybe I sound petty that I can't buy a new toy. The pandemic has worn my patience very thin. I usually can wait for the right car to come along. But this is getting ridiculous in light of other vehicles that have teased far less than the new Z, especially the 86 Twins.
Many of us have been waiting for this car since 2014. I can make it a couple more months. If you just want a new toy, go rock it out.

During the pandemic, Nissan has launched the following:
- Full revision to the Pathfinder
- Full revision to the Infiniti QX-60
- Full revision to the Frontier
- Brand new Ariya product
- Midcycle revision to the Armada
- Midcycle revision to the QX-80
- Midcycle revision to the Titan
- Full revision to the Z

Neither Honda nor Subaru even build as many products as Nissan has launches. Toyota has only launched two or three new products in that time.

Take a dump on Nissan here if you want, but the pandemic has affected them far worse than any of the other automakers, IMHO. They were in a tough spot before the pandemic came down with regards to upper management turmoil and financial issues, much less the timing of revising their entire product portfolio all going down while the world was upended.

I'm happy to get a new Z, and I can wait just a bit longer. Key to understand the bigger picture here.