Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z
Chris Forsberg took delivery of a 2023 Nissan Z on Monday.

Chris Forsberg
The last time I bought a new @nissanusa Z it was the beginning of my professional career back in 2003! Nissan lined this one up for us and I was able to pick it up locally from Downey Nissan. Now it’s time to load up for our first day on track tomorrow!

39511474_751031393278292_2662074280605151715_n-jpg.jpg

39339934_208892968420591_2117799863936394899_n-jpg.jpg

DVW

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Porsche Cayman GTS
Chris Forsberg took delivery of a 2023 Nissan Z on Monday.

Chris Forsberg
The last time I bought a new @nissanusa Z it was the beginning of my professional career back in 2003! Nissan lined this one up for us and I was able to pick it up locally from Downey Nissan. Now it’s time to load up for our first day on track tomorrow!

39511474_751031393278292_2662074280605151715_n-jpg.jpg

39339934_208892968420591_2117799863936394899_n-jpg.jpg
Great--another one of the already scarce Z's not available for regular customers. Maybe there should be another site where the privileged can communicate among themselves!!

DEUPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'06 RX8, '23 BRZ, '24 Supra
Great …..another queue jumper
I wouldn't be so worried about "another queue jumper", I'd be more worried that it took until April 2023 for the "queue jumper" to get his allocation lol.

Great--another one of the already scarce Z's not available for regular customers. Maybe there should be another site where the privileged can communicate among themselves!!
Hating on the "privileged" says the guy who owns a 2018 Porsche Cayman GTS in his profile lmao.

Sure it sucks the normies can't get special treatment, but at least Forsberg has been rocking Nissans and the Z in competiton for like 20 years now. His website says he's been partnered with Nissan for over 17 years and it still took up until April for him to get his own personal Z (not counting his drift car). I don't see how you can hate on Forsberg for his recent ownership if you're an actual fan of the Z.

Last edited:

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
I believe this is his 3rd? I remember seeing the white base for drift, another blue one for something and now this one i guess for a personal stock one

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I wouldn't be so worried about "another queue jumper", I'd be more worried that it took until April 2023 for the "queue jumper" to get his allocation lol.

Hating on the "privileged" says the guy who owns a 2018 Porsche Cayman GTS in his profile lmao.

Sure it sucks the normies can't get special treatment, but at least Forsberg has been rocking Nissans and the Z in competiton for like 20 years now. His website says he's been partnered with Nissan for over 17 years and it still took up until April for him to get his own personal Z (not counting his drift car). I don't see how you can hate on Forsberg for his recent ownership if you're an actual fan of the Z.
I would agree…if he was only given one.
I think you will find this was not his first, and that’s basically saying to the rest of us that we are of no importance …peasants if you will.
That’s not on

DVW

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Porsche Cayman GTS

Ignorance is bliss--and you are the newest chairman of that club. Both for assuming privilege based on what a person drives--and for believing everything you read on line--e.g. that this is his 2st new Z.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
Nissan getting "VIP's" cars has been pretty hit or miss this time around. I know a few shops who you might assume had help but didnt and had to pay over to get early cars. same for influencers. I do know of a couple celebrities who nissan helped get a Z due to their relationship as I know the dealers the cars were sent to. Chris as stated earlier has been really high visibility for them for almost 2 decades and he is also involved with the GT4 Z race team this season.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Nonetheless, high profile transactions, and anything else that promotes the Z, just causes more frustration when one looks at the regional inventory and the markups.

It's a cruel hoax, not just by Nissan, but other manufacturers do it too, promote a desirable vehicle, apply a "reasonable" MSRP, then under-produce the shit out of it..... WTF, why?
CTR, Corolla GR, Z, etc.... No, I'm not going to be so excited about a Z I can't get and just end up buying a Rogue...... I'm getting very frustrated and really don't feel like being a Nissan customer any longer.

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
No, I'm not going to be so excited about a Z I can't get and just end up buying a Rogue......
Exactly. Using the Z as a lure to get you into the showroom doesn't work for Nissan. If you went there to get a Z, you're either leaving with a Z or nothing. I was thinking the other day that I've had a B-210, two Pathfinders, a G35 Coupe, and now a G37 Coupe. If the Z is unobtainium, it'll break my long string of Nissan ownership.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Exactly. Using the Z as a lure to get you into the showroom doesn't work for Nissan. If you went there to get a Z, you're either leaving with a Z or nothing. I was thinking the other day that I've had a B-210, two Pathfinders, a G35 Coupe, and now a G37 Coupe. If the Z is unobtainium, it'll break my long string of Nissan ownership.
It's crazy how in 2020's the current business ethos is "fuck 'em".
Nissan doesn't care if they lose some customers, they can't build enough anyways, and upcoming legislation is already upending the industry.

So, when I say my first new car was a 1995 200SX, then a long string of Maxima's, 300ZXs, Infiniti and my Titan.... Nissan probably could care less about me, and others like me. Either they don't think I'll follow them through the industry struggles, or they've hired new talent who actually think turning off the traditional customers is an act of pride.
Seems to be a trend, and Nissan sending me social justice emails just reinforces to me that they aren't (arguably haven't been) serious about selling vehicles....

Last edited:

Thisguy298

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 GTI
I went to my local Nissan dealer back in like October/November/December timeframe, and wanted to get information on any non-proto Z's they would be getting. Dude tried to sell me an Altima/Maxima (can't remember which) saying it was similar to the Z... Bruh

DEUPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'06 RX8, '23 BRZ, '24 Supra
I believe this is his 3rd? I remember seeing the white base for drift, another blue one for something and now this one i guess for a personal stock one
Not sure if it's his 3rd, but yeah I do remember seeing him with another stock Z alongside his drift car on his socials a couple months ago. I believe he's doing some sort of time attack so maybe that's what the 2nd was or it was just passing through his shop.