Chris Forsberg is parting out a new Z

Leo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Has anyone done a fully built VR30 that can reliably handle stupid power levels up until now? Besides bolt-on upgrades and ECU tuning, there seems to be not much development on the engine itself.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Has anyone done a fully built VR30 that can reliably handle stupid power levels up until now? Besides bolt-on upgrades and ECU tuning, there seems to be not much development on the engine itself.
There are some fully built Q's around. The interesting thing about that platform.....all of them are 7AT....I'm not sure what's being done to the 7AT, but the motors are fully built. $$$$$$$$$$

Last edited:

Leo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
There are some fully built Q's around. The interesting thing about that platform.....all of them are 7AT....I'm not sure what's being done to the 7AT, but the motors are fully built. $$$$$$$$$$

I found there's a company called Level 10 that builds the 7AT, apparently a completely stock 7AT at over 400lb/ft they start slipping. Not sure which company AMS worked with to upgrade their 7AT though.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I found there's a company called Level 10 that builds the 7AT, apparently a completely stock 7AT at over 400lb/ft they start slipping. Not sure which company AMS worked with to upgrade their 7AT though.
Level 10 has been around a while. There's a decent amount of people who've had a bad experience with them. But, there's not many options.....

Also, I don't think the 7AT in the VR Q slips at 400, I believe it's the older 7AT with the VQ that can't handle much above 400tq.