Car & Driver - Feds Taking a Harder Stance on Chip Shortage, May Suspect Hoarding

ceric

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Mazda6
This is what it looked like in March/2022.

This factory will produce 5nm chips initially and can be converted to 3nm later if needed.

Z hope

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura
Occupation
Retired
Mark my words.
Be prepared for a minimum of 3 years of continuing issues.

I also wish the media/pundits would not just simply call it "chip shortage". It's a supply issue for nearly every component, and most of it can be traced back to China's "zero COVID" policy of completely locking down a major international shipping port, and causing shipping resources to be stuck in China..... even items that are not made in China can't find cargo containers and ships to move it because a significant portion of the global shipping industry is stuck in transit in China, particularly Shanghai....

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19...-impact-of-lockdown-on-supply-chains-12593848
What goes around comes around. All these companies that sent their business to China has come back to bite him in the ass. All they care about is more dollars in their pockets that’s their priority no one stops and thinks ahead.So ere we are.

Raven1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 350z HR Motor
Occupation
503rd Lead Farmer
I really want to move back to AZ and work in one of the fabs there.

I travelled too much, doing installs, startups and quals. I lived in China for several years. I'd like to work in a domestic fab environment if the pay is ok.

I reckon the pay will be less, seems all the money is in startups and contract maintenance.

Current job has me out in the elements, sun, rain, sociopathic bums... the air conditioned fab life beckons.....
TSMC is who I'm supporting and am in Taiwan getting the new hires up to speed. Tons of opportunity and low 6 figure jobs are currently available and desperately need to be filled. Especially with the current state of political affairs and the customer needing to get their operations moved to a more stable / secure country, there is huge sense of urgency to get the new AZ Fab up and running.

The current opportunity fits your criteria perfectly or for anyone who is looking to make a move to AZ and get back in SEMI with all companies across the board as the Customer is needing ALL Highly Skilled Labor. Not just in the Clean Room but ALL Support Services. Welders, Construction, Building Maintenance, Pneumatic Systems, Hydraulic, Hazardous Waste Systems, Industrial Hygienists, Logistics I Am Literally Talking ALL Skilled Labor Across The Board. Many in fab, local, no travel FSE work assigned / dedicated to the AZ site.

It will benefit anyone interested who wants a stable, well paying career, Not Just A Job, But Career in SEMI.

It would be negligent to leave out that Intel & Microchip are also in desperate need of personnel as well. Massive Opportunity In AZ - If Anyone Is Looking To Make A Change - Please Look Into It.

It's Saturday Morning Here, Heading Downstairs for a quick bite and off to the fab . . .

Last edited:

Raven1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 350z HR Motor
Occupation
503rd Lead Farmer
This is what it looked like in March/2022.

This factory will produce 5nm chips initially and can be converted to 3nm later if needed.
This is a little old as the buildings now have the glass panels on them and the interiors are now being constructed. This is the 1st of 5 sets of fabs being planned for the site, Yep, That's Correct, 5 Fabs, the site will dwarf anything we've ever seen stateside . . .