Best guess as to when Z pricing and/or ordering will begin?

z_ya_later

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Seiran Blue Nissan Z Sport
My best guess is between March and end of May.

I know we're all anxious especially because the Proto debuted so long ago and there hasn't been much info since August last year. Since Nissan has said "spring 2022", I'm willing to hold them to that deadline.

OP
OP

Mardoc01

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan max plat.
My best guess is between March and end of May.

I know we're all anxious especially because the Proto debuted so long ago and there hasn't been much info since August last year. Since Nissan has said "spring 2022", I'm willing to hold them to that deadline.
So if order in march or may. It will take 2 additional months to produce and ship over ?

Longhorn2020

First Name
Jase
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350Z
Occupation
Computer engineering
I believe dealerships will be getting notified the number of vehicles that will be shipped to them around Feb/Mar and would arrive around Jun would be my best guess. No personal orders in this first year, you choose from what was shipped to the dealerships.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Got word from the Orr Nissan rep, release date won’t be until June.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
So if order in march or may. It will take 2 additional months to produce and ship over ?
Don‘t think you can place orders for these first dealer allocations.

z_ya_later

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Seiran Blue Nissan Z Sport
I have no inside knowledge but as others have said, we most likely won't be able to order directly.

I have to take my 370z in for work within the next week or so. They're a pretty large dealership. I'll see if I can squeeze any info out of them.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Between this and GR86 forum. I’m exhausted
What's the sentiment been like over there? The limited amount of looking into with regards to the release that I've seen is that Toyota is shipping automatic models first? Which boggles the braincells. Dealerships not even showing them en route in FL, at all, no matter which model/transmission, which feels equally wild.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
In USA, Nissan doesn't usually have "ordering", you get to pick from dealer allocations.

I highly suspect that Nissan is currently manufacturing Z's for all markets at this time.

Generally, they need to get enough made to make it worth it to ship them on freighters, and those first ones will likely end up in the hands of journalists and influencers pretty soon. It'll take a larger shipment to show up at a port before the dealers get them.

Remember, we have been seeing LHD "Z" cars in several colors on car transports in Japan. These are being sent to LHD markets where the car will be called "Z", probably USA, Canadia and Mexico.

I think June is the very latest that they'll be available for purchase, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see some here in late Feb for reviews.

OP
OP

Mardoc01

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan max plat.
In USA, Nissan doesn't usually have "ordering", you get to pick from dealer allocations.

I highly suspect that Nissan is currently manufacturing Z's for all markets at this time.

Generally, they need to get enough made to make it worth it to ship them on freighters, and those first ones will likely end up in the hands of journalists and influencers pretty soon. It'll take a larger shipment to show up at a port before the dealers get them.

Remember, we have been seeing LHD "Z" cars in several colors on car transports in Japan. These are being sent to LHD markets where the car will be called "Z", probably USA, Canadia and Mexico.

I think June is the very latest that they'll be available for purchase, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see some here in late Feb for reviews.
Thx. So you feel first allocations on dealerships to actually pick up will be here as early as April or may and the latest June. So I can wai t and watch formexactlynthencarmimwant based on what is at my dealership, ie if it isn’t in the may/June arrivals. It may be in the July/august arrivals etc ?

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
Thx. So you feel first allocations on dealerships to actually pick up will be here as early as April or may and the latest June. So I can wai t and watch formexactlynthencarmimwant based on what is at my dealership, ie if it isn’t in the may/June arrivals. It may be in the July/august arrivals etc ?
Don't discount the possibility of your dealer doing a trade with another dealer if the car you want isn't in their allocations. Some dealers are more responsive than others, so ask around.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Take what I said with a grain of salt, I'm as hopped up on wishful thinking as everyone else right now!