• yes...i want the Z badly

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Yep, M240i made in Mexico. I had people rag me for buying an Alfa Romeo, my current daily, due to reliability. It has been flawless. If it has an issue, I get it fixed. If it becomes a pain in the a**, I get rid of it.
My GTI was in the shop way too much. But, I was always treated well by VW (wasn't expecting that) and if I could bring myself to perpetual leasing, I would probably drive German vehicles exclusively.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
As already said it is hard to compare different markets but here in Australia official registrations have been open for months and you can still register for a vehicle. While that may not necessarily mean that there is or isn't stock available you can still register and eventually get a car.

All we know so far with the allocation for Australia is that all Proto Spec's destined for our market have been spoken for as of a couple of weeks ago and the only way to get one of those now is if someone cancels there order and you are next in line on the wait list. The regular version are still taking orders.

However to use your analogy of someone really wanting the car and was willing to pay a high ADM to get one over someone else wouldn't that most likely be an enthusiast?

So if they were an enthusiast really wanting one you would assume that they would try and put their name do for an order as soon as reservations go live.

Here in Australia what usually happens when a car is in very high demand is that there will always be someone who bought the car and realizes that they can sell the car for more than what they pay for it so in a way that is our form of ADM, but instead it is the buyer selling that gets the profit rather than the dealer.

A perfect example of this was when the Toyota Yaris GR first went on sale in Australia and there were only 1000 vehicles available for the first batch. On top of this the first 1000 vehicles were being sold for a cheaper introductory price of $40k AUD driveaway and than after the first 1000 were sold the price was to go up by over $10k. As there was such demand for it people were selling them for $55-$60k on the used market. So there is always a way for someone to get one if the really want it without the need for an ADM.
Cool.

On the Canadian Z reservation page, from what I am hearing, the 6MT Performance Z is already sold out.

As you've said, once the vehicles end up on "used" market, all gloves are off. Dealers are doing that in USA and Canada on the new Tundra. You can occasionally find under 50 miles Tundras on the "used car lot" for way over new MSRP as a way for a dealer to circumvent any ADM restrictions (Canada) or any "bad press" that the mother ship would rather you avoid.

golddog

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport
I was considering a new Golf R, but the interior with the hepatic switch gear and everything buried in the infoscreen has turned me off.

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
Heavy advertising on a niche, halo product gets people in the doors even if they buy a Sentra.

The thinking is the technology and build quality filters down to every product.

And, every time a new model is produced, the line gets revamped, so don't put any stock into them doing it. IIRC, they built the 370 there, right? So, they'll make good use of the stations for the things that stayed the same or minimally changed.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I was considering a new Golf R, but the interior with the hepatic switch gear and everything buried in the infoscreen has turned me off.
I believe VW also put some un-lighted controls under the infotainment screen that people have said are impossible to see at night.

Driver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK7 GTI (Sold)
My GTI was in the shop way too much. But, I was always treated well by VW (wasn't expecting that) and if I could bring myself to perpetual leasing, I would probably drive German vehicles exclusively.
Never had so much as a burp from mine, although it did fart a lot. <See what I did there? ? It had a JB4 e85 map with downpipe and I ran the hell out of it. Only drawback was the FWD always spinning tires on throttle, and I had sticky nittos which still didn't cure it. Hope stickies will help with a pumped up Z. But, the Z has so much to offer besides such immature actions as launching it.

Driver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK7 GTI (Sold)
I believe VW also put some un-lighted controls under the infotainment screen that people have said are impossible to see at night.
Not a deal-breaker. People complain about everything because they like to. Every auto "journalist" complains about the entertainment system and controls. I'll bet I could learn it all and get used to using it in a day or two. But the Z gets my first choice unless ADM b.s. and a year out to get one. I'm considering getting a new R just for fun, and trading it for a Z in a year or two after the Z ADM and hoopla have died down, and I can get it at MSRP. Plus I can watch the Canadians on here wax eloquent and gush over their Zs, further exciting me to dump the R ?

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Not a deal-breaker. People complain about everything because they like to. Every auto "journalist" complains about the entertainment system and controls. I'll bet I could learn it all and get used to using it in a day or two. But the Z gets my first choice unless ADM b.s. and a year out to get one. I'm considering getting a new R just for fun, and trading it for a Z in a year or two after the Z ADM and hoopla have died down, and I can get it at MSRP. Plus I can watch the Canadians on here wax eloquent and gush over their Zs, further exciting me to dump the R ?
Big deal to me.
I now need reading glasses, the steering wheel controls on the new GTI and R are the the second pile of steaming garbage because they are capacitive touch. Even people with good sight keep unintentionally pushing random buttons on the steering wheel.
In my Q I can feel the buttons before pushing them.

I miss how premium my 2016 GTI felt, it was literally nicer than some A4 versions. Now the Mk8 has mostly hard plastic interior.

Cool that you like it, however I doubt you're going to find one at MSRP. You can't even find a Kia at MSRP anymore

Driver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK7 GTI (Sold)
Big deal to me.
I now need reading glasses, the steering wheel controls on the new GTI and R are the the second pile of steaming garbage because they are capacitive touch. Even people with good sight keep unintentionally pushing random buttons on the steering wheel.
In my Q I can feel the buttons before pushing them.

I miss how premium my 2016 GTI felt, it was literally nicer than some A4 versions. Now the Mk8 has mostly hard plastic interior.

Cool that you like it, however I doubt you're going to find one at MSRP. You can't even find a Kia at MSRP anymore
"second pile of steaming garbage because they are capacitive touch"
So, you're saying you don't like it?

Btw, what type of buttons are on the new Z steering wheel? I honestly don't know.

Local dealer says I can order an R at MSRP but wait 3 months to get it. I may do it, and wait a year or two on the Z.

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
And, every time a new model is produced, the line gets revamped, so don't put any stock into them doing it. IIRC, they built the 370 there, right? So, they'll make good use of the stations for the things that stayed the same or minimally changed.
I posted an article on another thread about the re-tooling of the Tochigi plant to make it almost completely automated. The article talked about Ariya production, but it was implied ICE cars like the Z could also be produced on the same line at the same time. So they may not be reusing the 370Z stations after all.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
"second pile of steaming garbage because they are capacitive touch"
So, you're saying you don't like it?

Btw, what type of buttons are on the new Z steering wheel? I honestly don't know.

Local dealer says I can order an R at MSRP but wait 3 months to get it. I may do it, and wait a year or two on the Z.
Ha, yes that's my grumpy way of saying I don't like it.
The buttons on the new Z steering wheel are traditional physical buttons.

Speaking of another car to hold me over, I considered a Kia Stinger lease, but there's exactly zero Stingers on any car lot in my region.

Good luck with your search.

Georges1

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1972 Datsun 240Z
Occupation
Safety Engineer
If I did not have a great ‘72 240 to drive, I might pay a little over MSRP. I paid MSRP when I bought my new ‘73. It was either pay MSRP or the next person would. I think if the dealers get too greedy, Nissan would not be happy with all the bad publicity that would occur. Anyone know if Ariya’s are being marked up by dealers since Nissan has been taking reservations on them for awhile?

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
so it looks like the majority here are not willing to pay over msrp. for those of willing to, what's your cut-off?