forcer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E550
just needs taking care about clear coat, there is nothing special about. also swirls are avoidable if you dont sand the surface with ditry cloth.
on the other hand you have the most badass look🔥 def taking a black Z

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
With modern formulations of vehicle paint, I'd never buy a black car again.

I had one a few years ago, and it got road rash on the front bumper really bad, the paint nowadays isn't durable enough. You really need one of those clear wraps, but those are expensive, need to be replaced every so often, and you can see the line where they are.

Not my favorite color, but silver or grey are best with modern paint if you're going to own a car long term

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20

I had one a few years ago, and it got road rash on the front bumper really bad, the paint nowadays isn't durable enough. You really need one of those clear wraps, but those are expensive, need to be replaced every so often, and you can see the line where they are.

Not my favorite color, but silver or grey are best with modern paint if you're going to own a car long term
Yep, black and red also tend to fade if they are not kept garaged

ec15

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A few
Black is my preferred color for sports cars but this has too much metallic for me.
It will always look like there is a layer of dust on it under any light.

20220731_113334.jpg

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I
Black is my preferred color for sports cars but this has too much metallic for me.

20220731_113334.jpg
think that lighting really highlights the fleck, In the sunlight you will see it, but not all at once, kinda hard to explain. As I said I loved it on the Peugeot was just too hard to maintain…and when the paint work was touched up the fleck never seemed to quite match even though they used the manufacturers colour

ec15

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A few
I
think that lighting really highlights the fleck, In the sunlight you will see it, but not all at once, kinda hard to explain. As I said I loved it on the Peugeot was just too hard to maintain…and when the paint work was touched up the fleck never seemed to quite match even though they used the manufacturers colour

No need to explain. I have a metallic black Z.
My ocd hates the metallic but this new metallic they are using is more coarse. Even worse.

ZedNotZee

I agree with everything you've said however if the visible line of the PPF you're referring to is from the PPF that is typically applied to the leading edge of the hood, just get the entire hood wrapped. That's what I'm planning on doing. In fact I'm splurging for a full frontal wrap: bumper, hood, front fenders, mirror backs and A pillars.

Brilliant silver was my first colour choice however it is not being offered in Canada. As I already own 3 grey-coloured vehicles I also ruled out grey and have instead opted for white.

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
Agree with you there. I have a 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium, I ordered it in Tuxedo black metallic, (last year of that color) and there's a ton of flake in it, in direct sunlight it does look like it's dusty, even though it's clean haha

1659289857175.png