Downpipes & Best Practices

Maximus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
Any updates here? Just curious how everything turned out. Are you guys still enjoying your setups? Im looking into exhaust/ downpipe setups now and have the same questions regarding CEL's and noise / drone, etc.
I’m enjoying my set up 👍🏼
Check engine light was gone once the car was tuned

Ali023

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan z performance 6MT
Welcome to the forums!

I personally went with Fast Intentions exhaust and matched it with their LOWER downpipe.
I also dont want to "be that guy" with that loud exhaust. Fast Intentions nailed it for people like us who just want deep tones. For performance, a full down pipe is recommended. If its sound you looking for, a lower downpipe would help and give performance as well ( not as much as the FDP).

LDP should not give you a CEL but will with a FDP (but a tune will fix that). Any Downpipe you put, will most likely void your warranty. It can depend on the service department really, some are ok most are not.

Labor is also a lot more for the FDP. Another option is a JB4 Piggyback tune. If any warranty work needed, you can easily detach JB4 and remove the LOWER DP much easier and make it stock much faster. Just my 2 cents.

CHEERS!
I’m on the same boat looking for a exhaust set up fbo e85 etc
Fast intention with there lower down pipes
Honestly how much hp difference between full down pipes and lower down pipes ?
my tuner said do lower down pipes because the full down pipes will make the turbos smoke and power Increase is marginal
Also if you have any video clips of your set up fi exhaust with lower down pipes

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
I’m on the same boat looking for a exhaust set up fbo e85 etc
Fast intention with there lower down pipes
Honestly how much hp difference between full down pipes and lower down pipes ?
my tuner said do lower down pipes because the full down pipes will make the turbos smoke and power Increase is marginal
Also if you have any video clips of your set up fi exhaust with lower down pipes
Hey Ali! We’re in the chats on IG as well :)