jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
keep in mind 0.03% of titans which they are most likely 6x more production than the Z

Kbl911

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z
Occupation
Wealth Management
Rightfully so. I would too if I was a fanboy TBH.
Yeah, this is getting to be a "punching down" situation. Let's workshop:

"When Nissan finally rolled out its new Z, they discovered that the engineers had taken things a bit too literally."

"As it happens, the new Z evidently has better launch traction when parked."

Nissan: "Nothing can stop Z."

I'm bad at this, but you get the idea; the jokes pretty much write themselves.

RicerX

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Titan Pro4X
I've been following this issue as my 2020 Titan is affected.

What's really cool is if you use your parking brake there's really nothing whatsoever to worry about. I'll still get the recall taken care of when the parts are available, but it's not catastrophic by any means.

I've always been a fan of using my brakes to hold my car in place (you know... because brakes are made to slow and stop vehicles from moving) as opposed to using my transmission to do that. But to each their own?

TheGuverment

For profit. Strictly business.
First Name
Strickland
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Subaru WRX hatchback
Could you guys imagine what would’ve happened if the Supra had a recall before it even went on sell.

Last edited:

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
I wonder what other components from other Nissan cars - engine, turbos - have had recalls and TSB's?

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
I've been following this issue as my 2020 Titan is affected.

What's really cool is if you use your parking brake there's really nothing whatsoever to worry about. I'll still get the recall taken care of when the parts are available, but it's not catastrophic by any means.

I've always been a fan of using my brakes to hold my car in place (you know... because brakes are made to slow and stop vehicles from moving) as opposed to using my transmission to do that. But to each their own?
+1. In particular tend to use the parking brake when parallel parked in the city. Would rather the brake take the brunt of any bumping, compared to a transmission parking pall or gear. Because I've seen guys like this trying to shoehorn into spots!:

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
Good ol' MB German Engineering.......I was worried a MB tranny would cause issues.

Yeah, I know......Jatco but they are basically copying homework......flaws an all.

It's cool, bubble is starting to give out - These things are going to be a rare bargain here in a minute.

OP
OP
rocksandblues

rocksandblues

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GL450, m3, e90, GLC300, Zupra, C280
Occupation
taco bell
Good ol' MB German Engineering.......I was worried a MB tranny would cause issues.

Yeah, I know......Jatco but they are basically copying homework......flaws an all.

It's cool, bubble is starting to give out - These things are going to be a rare bargain here in a minute.
We have had a Mercedes every three years (wife likes to lease) for the last decade. Not one trans issue. Fwiw. They have been stupid dependable.

My daily is a 6speed w zero issues at 80k

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Titans are having issues with the 9AT requiring transmission replacement.
I totally gave up on getting a new Titan due to the 9AT and V8 cylinder scoring issues.

The 5AT was the last good automatic Nissan made.