TitanZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Titan SL 4x4 Midnight Edition

Epic train wreck of Z launch continues, schadenfreude lovers dream. Hopefully this will negatively impact the sales managers that are salivating to stake their claims to the greedy ADM. 32 of the 50 Protos on Autotrader are autos, so if there's now a stop-sale on these 32 autos, then that is awesome!!!!! The greedy sales team will be forced to stare at the golden goose collecting dust sitting in the showroom for months until Nissan comes up with a fix. With worsening economic conditions kicking in by the time Nissan issues a fix hopefully nobody can afford the ADM anymore.

nms1s

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW F32 440i, BMW G20 330i
Even though I opted for a manual this still doesn't sit well with me. 3 separate reviewers have already complained about 2nd gear issues with the manual too. Maybe that's next.

RicerX

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Titan Pro4X
Titans are having issues with the 9AT requiring transmission replacement.
I totally gave up on getting a new Titan due to the 9AT and V8 cylinder scoring issues.

The 5AT was the last good automatic Nissan made.
You say that like it's plaguing the truck. I have heard of maybe two people on the Titan forums with an issue requiring replacement. And trust me, that forum likes to bitch more than this one does. I've got 40k miles on my 9AT without a single problem.

Epic train wreck of Z launch continues, schadenfreude lovers dream. Hopefully this will negatively impact the sales managers that are salivating to stake their claims to the greedy ADM. 32 of the 50 Protos on Autotrader are autos, so if there's now a stop-sale on these 32 autos, then that is awesome!!!!! The greedy sales team will be forced to stare at the golden goose collecting dust sitting in the showroom for months until Nissan comes up with a fix. With worsening economic conditions kicking in by the time Nissan issues a fix hopefully nobody can afford the ADM anymore.
I think the increased scarcity will have the opposite effect you're thinking it will. But don't get me wrong - I'm all for greedy dealer networks getting their tickets punched when the market finally calms down.

The horrible economic conditions have already kicked in, but the people that won't hesitate for a second to 1) buy a sports car and 2) pay a premium for a launch vehicle aren't sweating it for a second.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
You say that like it's plaguing the truck. I have heard of maybe two people on the Titan forums with an issue requiring replacement. And trust me, that forum likes to bitch more than this one does. I've got 40k miles on my 9AT without a single problem.
There's 2 Titan forums. I've been on Titan talk since 2004. There's WAY more than "maybe two people" having issues with the 9AT.

Seeing as how you have one of these trucks, are you taking it personally?
According to the internet, my 2007 is a steaming pile of garbage, but in 16 years I can honestly say it's been as reliable as a Camry.

I take the reports of Titan 9AT and V8 failures very seriously, and I have seen that the new Tundra is having a lot of really stupid problems too.
As long as I am facing mark-ups, or at "best" MSRP, I'm not buying either truck. No way. That's too much money to part with for both having slightly bad reputations.

Oh, and I know you know that the cylinder scoring issue is real! Eff that.
I will say, the Titan has one real silver lining over the new Tundra.....a way better warranty!

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
crazy....
but it's good that they caught it now instead of one of you guys in the middle of 'race wars' and hearing these famous words...
giphy_s.gif

kanaka

First Name
Jamison
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1994 2JZ-GTE RHD Japan Import
Occupation
Founder
To be fair, we had an early recall. It was fixed with a software update but there was a stop sell