Anyone place deposit for 2023 Nissan Z or gotten on waitlist? / Are you able to place an order?

SMM-71

First Name
Sircy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
260-Z/350-Z
Occupation
professional
I'm a big Nissan fan (have owned Nissan's all my life) and really want to get a 400Z!!!

Has anyone put down a deposit or gotten their names on a waitlist at a dealership for the 400Z? Best I can tell, no one has done this. If someone has done this, I'd like to hear the details.
I have put my deposit down. I went to two of the three dealers in my area. Honestly, I had more knowledge about the car than they did. Non of them were able to tell me anything. I was told that they had not be given any info from Nissan concerning the Z. The Manager had to get involved, once they finally saw I was ready to put down money. Once I put my money down, they finally provided the same promo info seen here a few weeks ago. I did hear Nissan may have a commercial during the Super Bowl.
Either way it goes, I am planning to get one fully fully loaded. Hope the proto grill piece and rear spoiler are available. Guess we are all waiting to see.

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
I have contacted several dealerships near me, both in state and out of state. According to all of them, I am now on the list of people to receive a call once they receive notice of their allocations. I am second on one dealer's list and further down on the others. Not one of them has even mentioned a deposit, and I haven't offered one.

All have been non-committal regarding ADM to this point. I think they're waiting to see what the market will bear.

JCarter05

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'14 370z
Occupation
IT
My dealer in central ohio told me the other day that release is pushed back until summer and they wont know what nissan is sending them until then. This is in line with the June/July launch I keep seeing around various forums.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
I think the best bet for you that really want in on the first allocations, and provided the dealer you know well does give you a signed, written agreement from the GM, is to go ahead and put a deposit for $5K ADM right off the bat, NOT at MSRP, to lock it in. With this market, $5K might STILL be reasonable. Forget about at MSRP, won't happen.

Tud

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dodge Ram............. Not looking to trade in
Occupation
Retired
There are NO real orders yet. If you dont get a VIN it isnt a real order just BS.

BB_Sam

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Jaguar F-type R-Dynamic 6MT
I placed my order and gave the $1000 deposit. My dealership didn't give me all the details above but did say that if I didn't place the order within a few days, I likely wouldn't get the car until late summer (ie chip shortage etc). But he did say I could get it in early spring if I ordered quickly. This seems to be consistent with what's been reported above.

Once I signed the car worksheet, gave the deposit, etc -- I was asked to sign a "C&I Z Reservation Form" which was apparently sent to Nissan Canada. I wonder if it's these forms that are meant to allocate/designate that 1 DRS order for Nissan to prioritize.

It would be really exciting if the car were to arrive in March.

Drseckzytime

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stuff
I contacted a few dealers here in PA today and nobody heard anything yet, anyone in the US hear anything? They all said they aren't doing orders, but when they get their allocations they will contact me. The one I have a connection with said the same, and that I'm still first shot at non-proto. Once they have their allocation they said they will be able to select exactly what options/colors.

I inquired about pricing and told them if the performance trim comes close to and especially if it goes over that $50k mark I will be looking at other cars, and he said if that's the case if I enjoy the test drive I will be buying the Z.

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F-150
i called Baker Nissan and all they said was they dont lot of info and no VINs at the moment but i was welcome to leave a deposit if i wanted a slot for the Z.

BJM2021

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW M2
I ordered black on black (always my combo) and the 9 speed auto as the wife will drive it too commuting in traffic. My 90 and 92 300ZX TT’s were 5 speed manuals, but that was a long time ago and I am pretty sure I am older than many of you here. With the 400hp twin turbo and paddle shifters it will still be a blast for me!

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
You won't get a VIN until:
  1. the car is built, and
  2. the dealer has reserved it in an allocation, and
  3. it's on its way to the store, and
  4. the dealer decides it's your car, and
  5. the dealer decides to give it to you.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
You won't get a VIN until:
  1. the car is built, and
  2. the dealer has reserved it in an allocation, and
  3. it's on its way to the store, and
  4. the dealer decides it's your car, and
  5. the dealer decides to give it to you.
This is usually true.
And again, Aus is different to the US.
BUT
I don’t think cars are built as yet, yet Nissan Aus has already allocated all their Protos to people that have placed deposits
No VIN, no physical car as yet…but allocated all the same

But agree, it’s much more likely that your steps are correct. I have no idea what in the heck Nissan Aus is doin….but it ain’t usual