A Legend Returns: New Acura Integra Coming for a New Generation

Connelly

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Slowbaru
Interesting that they compare it to entry-level luxury sedans. I agree there that I would rather have this with the manual transmission than the A3/330/CLA. If you don't want a manual, then there are better options.

But the big competition might be the SI, the GLI, and maybe the Elantra. This thing is 130lbs heavier and has a $9k higher MSRP than the SI (assuming we're looking for a manual). That's assuming MSRP is even relevant to the purchase of either, of course. The GLI with a manual will likely smoke it in a straight line (while getting the same fuel economy) and might not lose that much in the corners for $5k less, while coming with a ton of options. If you can handle the Elantra's looks, you probably didn't even read this far.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Interesting that they compare it to entry-level luxury sedans. I agree there that I would rather have this with the manual transmission than the A3/330/CLA. If you don't want a manual, then there are better options.

But the big competition might be the SI, the GLI, and maybe the Elantra. This thing is 130lbs heavier and has a $9k higher MSRP than the SI (assuming we're looking for a manual). That's assuming MSRP is even relevant to the purchase of either, of course. The GLI with a manual will likely smoke it in a straight line (while getting the same fuel economy) and might not lose that much in the corners for $5k less, while coming with a ton of options. If you can handle the Elantra's looks, you probably didn't even read this far.
Audi, being firmly entrenched in the entry level sedan segment for decades, dicked around with FWD for a while. Not sure if they still offer FWD for the A3 and A4, but I clearly recall the FWD trims not being popular amongst RWD and AWD competition.

Having a 1.5 four popper and CVT as the main drivetrain does the Integra no favors.

To me, even the upcoming 2.0T Type-S is unappealing. 300+ hp FWD car in the Seattle area where it rains half the year? No thanks.

After seeing the new Prius, I'd say it's way more premium than the Integra. Get an upgraded XLE AWD with the 12" infotainment for $33k any day over an Integra. It'd be quicker, more efficient, unique looking (doesn't wear the one-size-fits-all-even-our-suv face) and every bit as premium as the Integra.

If Honda/Acura saw fit to equip the Type-S with the 2.0T and SH-AWD, then I'd be on board. As it is, oddly I'm more interested in the new Prius!

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Oh, I'd also like to add that the now discontinued Accord 2.0T 10AT would have been a better choice as the main drivetrain.
It boggles my mind that Honda discontinued that excellent setup.... The 1.5T is such a penalty in the heavier models. Knowing that all of the updated models that retained the 1.5T became even slower is very disappointing.

I mean, when Honda made the 1.5T and 6MT available in the previous coupe and hatchback, that was a compelling setup. Lightweight and inexpensive, that's fitting.

Making the 1.5T ubiquitous in most of the heavier, more expensive vehicles..... No thanks.

G37

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
G37S Coupe 6MT, Q50S Hybrid, MDX
Occupation
Self
I really like the CTR and I have no doubt the Integra Type-S will be equally as good in a slightly more luxurious way for a bit more coin. The CTR is great right out of the box. It needs nothing, unlike the Z which needs a $1200 to $1500 set of Michelins regardless of the trim level. The Z needs more than that, though. But this is about the Type-S/CTR so I’ll leave it at that.

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
so the integra and the type s will come before the Z in canada XD

xlr8tn

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan Z Performance
1992 Acura Integra SE was my first car that I purchased out of college. Funny thing is it was white too and I swore I'd never get a white car again. Guess that was due to all the love bugs down south in Louisiana. But seeing the Everest white and interior color combo, it grew on me.

RicerX

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Titan Pro4X
so the integra and the type s will come before the Z in canada XD
Pricing makes or breaks this car. If I can get one for less than $50k, this is what I'm going with.

I have heard nothing but absolutely stellar things about the Civic Type R, but this Acura takes the things about the CTR I love (power, driving dynamic, manual transmission, Honda reliability) and packages in a way that makes far more sense for me (styling, some premium touches including a more street-compliant handling configuration).

I will at least test drive one. I think they've knocked it out of the park with this car.

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
They got us all excited with their renderings…then it came out looking like this 😞
I think as a whole it looks fine but I just don't see the point at all when the Acura Tlx Type S exists. Other than the manual, sure. They really should have made it a coupe though.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I think as a whole it looks fine but I just don't see the point at all when the Acura Tlx Type S exists. Other than the manual, sure. They really should have made it a coupe though.
My point is it should have been a coupe, and a bit sportier looking …instead of another boring sedan