A Legend Returns: New Acura Integra Coming for a New Generation

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
https://www.hagerty.com/media/news/the-manifold/2022-06-21/

"Despite reports hinting that the new Acura Integra would get Acura’s super-handling-all-wheel-drive (SH-AWD), Acura’s lead product planner has indicated that no such plans are in the works. In a recent “ask me anything” on a popular forum called IntegraTalk, the Integra’s lead product planner, Jonathon Rivers, answered a raft of questions from fans eager to learn how this nameplate gained new life as sedan sales slump. One user inquired about an all-wheel-drive Integra, as well as any plans for a hybridized version—both of which Rivers quickly denied: “Acura has recently announced that it will skip hybrids altogether, as we move to full electric models, beginning with an electric SUV in 2024. We have no plans for an AWD Integra.” We’ve known about Acura’s all-electric SUV for some time—patent filings late last year hint that the new SUV, developed on GM’s Ultium battery platform through a partnership with between Honda and GM, will be dubbed the ADX."

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Okay Honda/Acura, now I'm paying attention.

Big question is, will this be an intentionally rarified vehicle, like the CTR, or will these get pumped out in enough quantity to satisfy the market?

Cause I'm getting real tired of everything being more expensive because production is so low, sometimes intentionally. Can't cut into MDX production.....