A Legend Returns: New Acura Integra Coming for a New Generation

Connelly

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Slowbaru
I don't think the pricing is horrible in today's hellscape of a market. It seems the main option is paint color, so it's unlikely to get loaded up to $55k or more. And so far the Integras actually seem obtainable at or near MSRP, compared to the CTRs. We'll see if that holds for the Type S or not.

You're getting a manual transmission 4-door "luxury" "sedan" that drives like a CTR for low $50k's . This means paying a ~$7k premium over the CTR (again, assuming no ADM/obtainability issues) for some more luxury features and for it to look less like something a 19-year-old Burger King employee would lust after.

What else is out there like this? The M240i was mentioned, but that's 2 doors and I don't think it offers a manual anymore. Almost every luxury sedan is an automatic. Next rung up with a manual is maybe the CT4-V Blackwing? That's going to push the price $10k+. That would be worth it to me, but not everyone is looking for that. Then what, the M2/M3? You're paying more for the M2 with 2 doors and even more for the M3. But if you're willing to give up the manual, then yeah, there are a lot of appealing alternatives in the price range.

Maybe it's competing against some of the hot hatches, but again, this thing can pass for a sedan, so my guess is they're looking at older buyers that want to fit a few adults in the car and still have a manual transmission. You get all of this made by Honda with not terrible fuel economy. They'll pay $50k for that, I think, when that's the average price of a new car.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Pricing was released today. $51,995 including destination.

Monumental pricing failure. I'm really disappointed.

The auto industry can s my d at this point. I hate everything that has happened to it since 2020.
I feel that!

However, I'm going to play Devil's advocate here ........

I don't think someone who pays+$52k for a tarted up Civic will be losing money in the long run. It definitely sucks that the price is ridiculously high (AWD would really help here!) But.....hear me out...... If someone were to sell the ITS within the first 5 years of ownership, do you really think they'll lose much money? They'll probably get near original MSRP for it, maybe around $10k less than what they paid for it?

I say this because used vehicle prices are not coming down. The reason being, too few new cars have been manufactured, meaning the used pool is permanently shrunken.

Furthermore, upcoming legislation is certainly going to kill many of the affordable or common vehicles that consumers rely on, keeping more people in their vehicles longer than they'd want, and likely pushing more people to the used car market.

Manufacturers are enjoying the per vehicle profits they're getting, to the point where they under-produce value models.
And, all of these headline grabbing BEVs, none of which are affordable. The government is forcing expensive vehicles on us, and the manufacturers will comply.

I wouldn't be surprised if you could buy the ITS for $53k, turn around 2 years later and get $50k for it. The 2026 ITS MSRP will likely have further ballooned to $57k, making the 2024 ITS a reasonable sell.

However, I won't open my pocketbook for that. I won't participate in the post biological warfare economy. Everything being jacked up happened for a reason, and people are still going to keep profiting from it.

I'm going to use my Z savings to buy some homemade meth.......

Thisguy298

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 GTI
I don't think the pricing is horrible in today's hellscape of a market. It seems the main option is paint color, so it's unlikely to get loaded up to $55k or more. And so far the Integras actually seem obtainable at or near MSRP, compared to the CTRs. We'll see if that holds for the Type S or not.

You're getting a manual transmission 4-door "luxury" "sedan" that drives like a CTR for low $50k's . This means paying a ~$7k premium over the CTR (again, assuming no ADM/obtainability issues) for some more luxury features and for it to look less like something a 19-year-old Burger King employee would lust after.

What else is out there like this? The M240i was mentioned, but that's 2 doors and I don't think it offers a manual anymore. Almost every luxury sedan is an automatic. Next rung up with a manual is maybe the CT4-V Blackwing? That's going to push the price $10k+. That would be worth it to me, but not everyone is looking for that. Then what, the M2/M3? You're paying more for the M2 with 2 doors and even more for the M3. But if you're willing to give up the manual, then yeah, there are a lot of appealing alternatives in the price range.

Maybe it's competing against some of the hot hatches, but again, this thing can pass for a sedan, so my guess is they're looking at older buyers that want to fit a few adults in the car and still have a manual transmission. You get all of this made by Honda with not terrible fuel economy. They'll pay $50k for that, I think, when that's the average price of a new car.
Golf R, CTR, M2, older M3/4s (debatable Supra & Z due to lack of back seats) >> Integra Type S at this current price

Connelly

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Slowbaru
Golf R, CTR, M2, older M3/4s (debatable Supra & Z due to lack of back seats) >> Integra Type S at this current price
For overall value, sure, most of those? But there are things an Integra buyer would be looking for that would rule out most or all of those. I would take the Integra over all of those at this price, most likely.

Although I just checked TrueCar for CTR prices in my area, and it came back at $60k. :D We're probably arguing over prices that don't even exist for most or all of these.

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
55k for canada, which is not bad. This car is on pace to come before my Z does as well.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
There's a lot to consider when thinking about the pricing.....

Interest rates are up, and some dealers are penalizing those who don't finance in house. I believe we recently saw a Z with a $1,500 penalty for not using in house financing.

Rates are up, there may be penalties, there may be ADM, there may be markups.....

So, it's tough to compare vehicle A to vehicle B with so many variables.
The ITS may have an MSRP that seems too high, but depending on how the dealership treats you, it may still be a better deal than others..... I have heard that the CTR is usually heavily marked up.
Don't be surprised to see CTR refugees trying to by the ITS, that'll likely push it up too.

Last edited:

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Pricing was released today. $51,995 including destination.

Monumental pricing failure. I'm really disappointed.

The auto industry can s my d at this point. I hate everything that has happened to it since 2020.
That's $4k short of a fucking Supra. Acura can go eat a dick.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
For the ITS, was told by my local Acura dealer that a $2k deposit is required to get a chance of getting 1 of the 9 spots they have available for the car. 9 Spots is based on lottery system of total deposits, and 2 color options (they have no idea what colors they'll get) but they'll go down the list for each. No Markups tho...

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
Different cars and different times, but it just hit me that you could buy 2 RSX-S's at MSRP for the price of the ITS and still have a nice chunk of change left over. Man how 20 years flies by o_O

z_ya_later

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Seiran Blue Nissan Z Sport
Different cars and different times, but it just hit me that you could buy 2 RSX-S's at MSRP for the price of the ITS and still have a nice chunk of change left over. Man how 20 years flies by o_O
My 1st car after I graduated college and the only other new car I've ever owned was an 2004 Acura RSX. When I threw money down on the new Z, I thought exactly about how much more expensive it is to buy a new car now compared to 19 years ago.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
My 1st car after I graduated college and the only other new car I've ever owned was an 2004 Acura RSX. When I threw money down on the new Z, I thought exactly about how much more expensive it is to buy a new car now compared to 19 years ago.
Around 2006 I bought a pristine condition '02 Type S for $11k. Seems like such a steal to me now 😭