A Legend Returns: New Acura Integra Coming for a New Generation

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
My point is it should have been a coupe, and a bit sportier looking …instead of another boring sedan
True, but sadly, coupes are a dying breed in the car market. We live in such an advanced time in terms of technology and engineering, yet car manufacturers are making cars boring and repetitive.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
True, but sadly, coupes are a dying breed in the car market. We live in such an advanced time in terms of technology and engineering, yet car manufacturers are making cars boring and repetitive.
Completely agree…none more so than the 4WD that occupy 90% of shopping centres yet rarely make it to the bush…and most can not even drive them properly

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Acura design language=stuffing a SUV face onto it's sedans.....

I'm "OK" with the ITS, but...like EVERY freaking manufacturer these days, they'll back-burner production of these vehicles in favor of profit-producing soulless SUVs.

All y'all dreaming that another enticing option on the market will free us from AMDs on our 1st, 2nd and 3rd choices.....about to get a rude awakening when Honda/Acura only kicks out 2,000 a year....the dealers are going to be looking at $10-20K ADMs minimum.

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A couple
Acura design language=stuffing a SUV face onto it's sedans.....

I'm "OK" with the ITS, but...like EVERY freaking manufacturer these days, they'll back-burner production of these vehicles in favor of profit-producing soulless SUVs.

All y'all dreaming that another enticing option on the market will free us from AMDs on our 1st, 2nd and 3rd choices.....about to get a rude awakening when Honda/Acura only kicks out 2,000 a year....the dealers are going to be looking at $10-20K ADMs minimum.
Put me in the soulless car category. Wife was shopping for a new car a few years ago (this being her second car ever!) and landed on a CX-5. We looked at several midsize sedans. There literally was not one compelling reason to go with a sedan. Not one. The CX-5 was about the same price, AWD (we have snow and rain), backseat headroom (every sedan I sat in had to crane my neck over), similar gas mileage, looked good, better ingress/egress, and I could go on and on. I actually don’t see much point to a 4 door sedan. The roof lines make the backseat unlivable for tall people.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Put me in the soulless car category. Wife was shopping for a new car a few years ago (this being her second car ever!) and landed on a CX-5. We looked at several midsize sedans. There literally was not one compelling reason to go with a sedan. Not one. The CX-5 was about the same price, AWD (we have snow and rain), backseat headroom (every sedan I sat in had to crane my neck over), similar gas mileage, looked good, better ingress/egress, and I could go on and on. I actually don’t see much point to a 4 door sedan. The roof lines make the backseat unlivable for tall people.
Some days, I would like a RAV4. I used to have a QX4, and it was one of my favorite vehicles.

I'm sure if the pandemic didn't occur, we'd see plenty of SUV alternatives, the ITS, GRC, CTR, Z, 86, Supra, were all well along in the pipeline before the pandemic. There probably would be enough inventory for us to choose from. It sucks, because manufacturers decided to "throw us a bone" but it is happening at the worst time.

So, manufacturers have to choose the easiest, most profitable way through this mess. All of those enthusiast cars will forever be rare.

RicerX

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Titan Pro4X
The CX-5 is probably the most engaging to drive in the segment, so I think your choice was sound. I love what Mazda is doing with their vehicles.

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A couple
The CX-5 is probably the most engaging to drive in the segment, so I think your choice was sound. I love what Mazda is doing with their vehicles.
It's a 2016 with almost 90k miles and no issues! Nice enough ride. Shoulder area of the seats are a little narrow for my liking, but no sweat. I just find it strange when car enthusiasts bash others for choosing an SUV over say an Accord and talk about driving experience and this and that. Let me take my 4 door sedan to the twisties and see what she can do! - said no one ever. I'm just a vehicle enthusiast though and think lots of stuff is cool! That's why fun car and motorcycle purchases are so difficult for me - so much cool stuff out there.

RicerX

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Titan Pro4X
The Civic Type R the ITS is based on can better command a markup because of its exclusivity. The Acura is not as exclusive, and Acura needs to play in the premium segment, meaning that for the majority of potential buyers, they'll just go buy an M2 or an S4 if there's a $20k markup on the ITS. Unlike the Civic, the ITS needs to be there for Acura to poach Audi and BMW customers. The Civic doesn't have that problem. Honda fanboys don't help Acura make conquest sales.

To further reinforce my prediction, one can find a Civic Type R as MSRP right now with a bit of effort. The ITS will differ from the CTR in that 1) it's built in US and 2) it's not a limited production car. Not saying there will be zero instances of absurd markup (because sleezy dealerships continue to exist), but it will be far less rampant than you think.

RicerX

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Titan Pro4X
It's a 2016 with almost 90k miles and no issues! Nice enough ride. Shoulder area of the seats are a little narrow for my liking, but no sweat. I just find it strange when car enthusiasts bash others for choosing an SUV over say an Accord and talk about driving experience and this and that. Let me take my 4 door sedan to the twisties and see what she can do! - said no one ever. I'm just a vehicle enthusiast though and think lots of stuff is cool! That's why fun car and motorcycle purchases are so difficult for me - so much cool stuff out there.
If there's one thing I have learned in all my years of conversing with car enthusiasts on the internet, it's that very few of them realize that car enthusiasts don't drive the market. They don't buy anything. They critique everything.

I have the same problem you do - for me currently, practicality won out and I drive a truck. TONS of options there. I got a great deal on what I consider to be a cool truck, and it's been reliable. However, I can see myself DDing a QX80, a Bronco, a Lexus IS500, potentially a Tesla Model 3, or a Z. (a bit of a variety there!) However, I don't make the kind of money that supports a diverse taste in autos like that.

I also have other needs now. However, I'm set on buying an Integra Type S because that's a fun car that makes sense for the other needs I have. Would love for that to be a Z, but I know it won't work for now. I'd probably have an STI already if I didn't hate the boxer engine. My criteria is 4 seats, manual transmission, and sits in the ballpark of 370Z performance.

There are MANY cool things out there. Experiencing them is key to enjoyment for me. Otherwise you waste years of arguing on the internet and not actually doing anything.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
The Civic Type R the ITS is based on can better command a markup because of its exclusivity. The Acura is not as exclusive, and Acura needs to play in the premium segment, meaning that for the majority of potential buyers, they'll just go buy an M2 or an S4 if there's a $20k markup on the ITS. Unlike the Civic, the ITS needs to be there for Acura to poach Audi and BMW customers. The Civic doesn't have that problem. Honda fanboys don't help Acura make conquest sales.

To further reinforce my prediction, one can find a Civic Type R as MSRP right now with a bit of effort. The ITS will differ from the CTR in that 1) it's built in US and 2) it's not a limited production car. Not saying there will be zero instances of absurd markup (because sleezy dealerships continue to exist), but it will be far less rampant than you think.
Very logical assessment, and a few years ago I would've agreed. But, these last few years haven't made any sense.

Honda (and Acura) still are not producing many cars. A few weeks ago I went to a Honda dealership to buy Honda ATF, and the car lot was only 1/3 full, and half of those vehicles were used trade-ins. Not one Civic anywhere, supposedly Honda is still focusing on profitable SUVs. Plenty of CR-V, HR-V, Pilot and Passport on that lot.
Good luck if you want a Civic, Ridgeline or Accord, they're all in short supply.

I highly doubt ITS supplies will be enough, seeing how Honda is currently prioritizing manufacturing.

RicerX

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Titan Pro4X
Pricing was released today. $51,995 including destination.

Monumental pricing failure. I'm really disappointed.

The auto industry can s my d at this point. I hate everything that has happened to it since 2020.

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
Can someone please explain to me how these things are selling like hotcakes?

I thought this would flop, quite the opposite actually. I'm heartbroken I've seen 10 times as many of these as I have new Zs.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
The price of the type S is crazy! Never would pay for that

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
Pricing was released today. $51,995 including destination.

Monumental pricing failure. I'm really disappointed.

The auto industry can s my d at this point. I hate everything that has happened to it since 2020.
Everyone complaining about the Z price and this comes out. Welcome to the new car prices